Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Erik Rutins -> Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:18:20 PM)

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to make the official announcement. War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition has gone Gold. We are in the final stages of release and we expect the release date to be either Monday, July 27th or Tuesday, July 28th (if we hit a snag on Monday).

I'd like to publicly thank the AE Team who worked on the design, development and testing on this project. Their hard work, expertise, professionalism, and diligence have truly paid off. As with any first release of a complex game, I'm sure AE will have some issues to work through, but we are confident it is solid, better than WITP 1.00 (or 1.8x) and ready to play.

I've worked on the development teams for Uncommon Valor, War in the Pacific, War Plan Orange and now Admiral's Edition and it has been my pleasure to work with these guys and be a part of this release. Some team members I've worked with closer than others and we did lose some folks along the way, but the team pulled together through thick and thin. When you fire up Admiral's Edition, I think you'll see the attention to detail and the incredible body of historical and real-life knowledge that was put into this project both from a code design/development standpoint as well as from a historical research standpoint.

When I first spoke on the phone with Joe years ago regarding working together to improve WITP and eventually enhance it with a new release, I didn't really know what to expect, as while I was impressed with Joe and Don's qualifications, many similar projects do end up falling apart. But the AE team persevered and this was truly a team effort, no cliche - a large number of people all contributed greatly to its success. Each individual contribution was key to the overall result, which is truly greater than the sum of its parts. With that said, I do want to specifically thank Joe Wilkerson for his yeoman work as the overall coordinator and project lead. Well done, AE Team!

I look forward to watching you all rediscover WITP (or discover it for the first time) through the AE release. I encourage you to try all the scenarios and to give the Editor a spin, we think it's significantly better than the WITP editor and with the AE scale, the game is eminently suitable for smaller partial-map scenarios as well. I hope we'll see some of those before long.

And don't forget to check the credits and thank the AE Team from time to time, most of them came right from the WITP community and gave up a lot of WITP playing time (as well as family time, real jobs, etc.) to work on this instead! [8D]

Regards,

- Erik

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:20:36 PM)

YES !

RalfBHV -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:21:23 PM)

Yippie ay yeah...[&o]

aztez -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:21:55 PM)

[:)]

Crimguy -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:23:26 PM)

Thank you!

jhdeerslayer -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:23:46 PM)

Chills....

onhilotime -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:23:57 PM)

Time to salute the AE team for the pursuit of awesomeness...

But seriously...why did you have to wait till monday...what am i supposed to do with my life till then...

Hilotime

Kitakami -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:24:12 PM)

Erick, and all the AE team,

<bows deeply>
Domou arigatou gozaimashita!!!

viberpol -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:24:34 PM)

Yuppiii [sm=character0272.gif]

oldman45 -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:24:44 PM)

Thanks to everybody involved in this amazing project!

Bravo Zulu

Canoerebel -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:25:04 PM)

The man is messing with my vow....

Terminus -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:25:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

The man is messing with my vow....

He's not messing with it, he's killing it stone dead. Enjoy your weekend of celibacy, because Monday EVERYTHING is going to change...[;)]

Canoerebel -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:29:17 PM)

If any of youze guys happens to see Miller lurking around the forums the next couple of days, please taunt him along these lines: "You're not man enough to take on Canoerbel in a game of AE; England cannot stand against the Confederate States of America; soccer is for woosies; SEC football is where real men prove themselves; English beer is swill; John Paul Jones rocks!; Stonehenge is silly; etc."

Maybe that'll goad him into playing AE immediately rather than waiting for the first patch or two.

Przemcio231 -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:29:53 PM)

HURRAYYYY!!!!![:D] Congratulation on your succes[;)] Erick did you get my e-mails????

m10bob -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:30:29 PM)

How can "vapor-ware" go GOLD???!!!

How will I get any sleep this weekend??[X(]

Terminus -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:33:43 PM)

It's here, baby... What feels like an eternity ago, I asked you guys if you could hear the rumbling of a brand new monster wargame about to land on your heads. Well, I hope you dug your shelters and put your helmets on like I told you, because it's here.

MkXIV -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:35:59 PM)

YIPPEE!!![sm=character0272.gif]

Does this mean the new Duke Nukem is next? [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:38:40 PM)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  [img]http://bestsmileys.com/coffee/3.gif[/img]

wgs_explorer -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:39:31 PM)

woooo hooo!!!!

helldiver -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:40:02 PM)

At last.... at last....

jjax -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:40:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

It's here, baby... What feels like an eternity ago, I asked you guys if you could hear the rumbling of a brand new monster wargame about to land on your heads. Well, I hope you dug your shelters and put your helmets on like I told you, because it's here.

Wow Terminus sounds excited. I thought i would never see the day.

dirtyharry500 -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:40:34 PM)

thank you all you guys for your great job!

chesmart -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:41:35 PM)

My GF has thanked you for giving her another 3 days of normal life Erik.

Wirraway_Ace -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:42:03 PM)

Excellent!  Now I can get back to work for a few days instead of hanging out on this Forum.

hbrsvl -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:43:46 PM)

Eric-Fantastic!!! But, waiting until Monday or Tuesday?? First you give a thirsty man a drink, then=Wham!

Anyhow, I'll just add my thanks to all concerned.

To quote Admiral King at the end of WWII-"To all hands-Very well done!"

Hugh Browne

Barb -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:43:56 PM)

Finally THE MONSTER IS HERE !!!! Yipiiiiiiiiiiiiii [:D]

To AE team and all involved i have to say few words (though borrowed):
Begining with "I (Joe Wilkerson) have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat", this moment could be best described with these words: "Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties (playing AE), and so bear ourselves, that if the Matrixgames and its games last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

And if I may speek for all players: "Never in the field of Matrixgames history was so much owed by so many to so few."

Chad Harrison -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:44:48 PM)

Wooohooo! Finally!

LST Express -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:44:50 PM)

Hot damn!!

Chad Harrison -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:46:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

July 27th

My birthday no less [:D]

Wirraway_Ace -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 6:52:58 PM)

AE needs no comment from me. It has sounded its own story at the mouth of its guns. It has scrolled its own epitaph on wargamer’s tablets. But through the bloody haze of its last reverberating shots, I shall always see a vision of grim, gaunt, ghastly programmers, still unafraid.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI