RE: Never get involved in a land war in Asia (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jazman -> RE: Never get involved in a land war in Asia (7/29/2009 10:20:37 PM)

What we need is the war starting in 1933. "The Great Asia-Pacific War: 1933-1946"

lostsm -> RE: Never get involved in a land war in Asia (7/29/2009 10:59:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jazman

What we need is the war starting in 1933. "The Great Asia-Pacific War: 1933-1946"

2 years of game time only at war with china[:'(] i'd have all of china conquered and everything ready for a real massive invasion come dec 7 '41

edit: woops you wrote 33... well now that i think about it, 8 years is a bit over the top

Cmdrcain -> RE: Never get involved in a land war in Asia (7/30/2009 8:35:19 AM)

China is needed, don't forget Japan side  is in china to gain resources, theres resources that can be moved to Japan

As they say if don't want the bother, just don't do things in China.

Avenger -> RE: Never get involved in a land war in Asia (7/30/2009 9:07:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

Not having China in a game about the "War in the Pacific 1941-1945" is like excluding France from a game about WWI.

I am here to fight massive tank battles against the Soviets. Kharkov! Guderian and Paulus. I prefer to leave the frenchies out of my WW2. Heh.

88l71 -> RE: Never get involved in a land war in Asia (7/30/2009 10:17:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cmdrcain

China is needed, don't forget Japan side  is in china to gain resources, theres resources that can be moved to Japan

Or if you're the Allies at least you can try to prevent the Japanese from capturing resource bases and play defensively.

Fishbed -> RE: Never get involved in a land war in Asia (7/30/2009 10:38:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Avenger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

Not having China in a game about the "War in the Pacific 1941-1945" is like excluding France from a game about WWI.

I am here to fight massive tank battles against the Soviets. Kharkov! Guderian and Paulus. I prefer to leave the frenchies out of my WW2. Heh.

Maybe next time you may try not to leave your brain out of your skull. Heh.

Avenger -> RE: Never get involved in a land war in Asia (7/30/2009 11:18:05 AM)

Please, It was a joke.

ny59giants -> RE: Never get involved in a land war in Asia (8/2/2009 12:59:53 PM)

bump...

I'm looking through the threads to find some info on China, Burma/India, and Java defenses as the Allies. I know there was some good info done by Andy, some other developers, and testers on these theaters of operations. If anybody finds them first, please bump or link them here. 

emorbius44 -> RE: Never get involved in a land war in Asia (8/2/2009 1:15:07 PM)

quote:

Hate to say it but having to fight a land war in China almost makes me sorry I bought this. I have no interest in this and resent the fact that that I have to come to terms with an area of the conflict I was never interested in. It really detracts from an otherwise excellent game. This is like a big side dish of lima beans and Brussels sprouts one has eat before they get their ice cream.
I hate it

In my long running e-mail game I found China very useful. I slowly withdrew infantry divisions from there that had 90+ experience ratings, I captured the large oil field that gave me an extra 125 oil points and, given the simpler pilot experience rating system in WITP, I used the hapless Chinese ground units as targets for my air force to train bombers and fighters to get more combat experience.

Bob

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI