Soviets active (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Naskra -> Soviets active (8/5/2009 4:53:45 AM)

Yes, I extracted troops from Manchukuo, but left more than 8000 AV. So why are the Soviets active?

Scott_USN -> RE: Soviets active (8/5/2009 4:55:19 AM)

Ouch.... Are they rolling you up? I always wondered what they would be like. Now in AE I look at those images of Stalin Tanks and cringe for the Japanese and their tin can tanks.

Brady -> RE: Soviets active (8/5/2009 6:46:36 AM)

Could be an old bug rearing its head.

wild_Willie2 -> RE: Soviets active (8/5/2009 7:29:25 AM)

I noticed that in my AI game the AI let the Manchukuo garison level fall below 8000....

It now has 7852 AV in Manchukuo. I do not think this is suppose to happen.

TheTomDude -> RE: Soviets active (8/11/2009 2:58:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naskra

Yes, I extracted troops from Manchukuo, but left more than 8000 AV. So why are the Soviets active?

Same here. I have 8400 AV still in Manchuko but the soviets activated. Wow now that's a game breaker.

jjax -> RE: Soviets active (8/11/2009 3:18:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2

I noticed that in my AI game the AI let the Manchukuo garison level fall below 8000....

Not a bug for AI at least
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2200053

treespider -> RE: Soviets active (8/11/2009 3:19:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheTomDude

quote:

Same here. I have 8400 AV still in Manchuko but the soviets activated. Wow now that's a game breaker.

Do you have a save for the turn they activated?

treespider -> RE: Soviets active (8/11/2009 3:21:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjax

quote:

ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2

Not a bug for AI at least
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2200053

Correct not a bug....but for those guys that like to "cheat" [:-] [:)]and peek at the other side during AI v AI games they run the risk of activating Soviets IIRC if the garriosn level is low. I forget if a delay was put in or not.

Andy Mac -> RE: Soviets active (8/11/2009 4:02:30 PM)

Did you cross the border anywhere ?

TheTomDude -> RE: Soviets active (8/11/2009 4:06:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

quote:

quote:

Do you have a save for the turn they activated?

Tree, unfortunately no. I was so shocked ([8|]) and thought that I pulled out too much, So I immediately switched to the save 1 round before without saving to see if I did the mistake. But it showed those 8400. Then I used the Pre-turn save to see what happened and it did not activate. So I went on playing. But I'll send you one immediately if it happens again. Maybe some else having this problem now can send you a save? Maybe Naskara?

TheTomDude -> RE: Soviets active (8/11/2009 4:07:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Did you cross the border anywhere ?

No Andy. All my Manchuko garrisons are sleeping and playing cards as usual. [;)]

Naskra -> RE: Soviets active (8/11/2009 5:25:57 PM)

I have troops moving near the Mongolian border, hex 90,31 e.g.
The manual states any troops in the NW Control Zone count towards the garrison. The boundaries of that zone are unknown to me.

TheTomDude -> RE: Soviets active (8/11/2009 5:55:40 PM)

quote:

The manual states any troops in the NW Control Zone count towards the garrison. The boundaries of that zone are unknown to me.

Well it doesn't matter. You can see the AV of the mManchuko garrison when you bring up the Information Screen (I). As long it's over 8000 it should be save.[:D] At least it was ment to be that way. But maybe this is also a feature of the, how I call it, "friendly fog of war". [8|]

Kereguelen -> RE: Soviets active (8/11/2009 6:05:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

Well it doesn't matter. You can see the AV of the mManchuko garrison when you bring up the Information Screen (I). As long it's over 8000 it should be save.[:D] At least it was ment to be that way. But maybe this is also a feature of the, how I call it, "friendly fog of war". [8|]

The assault value of units in Manchuria may vary from turn to turn (depending on supplies available and weather conditions affecting device disablements etc.). To be on the safe side of things one should better try to have at least AV 9,000+ to always meet the garrison requirements.

Gobstopper -> RE: Soviets active (8/13/2009 2:03:32 AM)

you can add me to the list of bogus soviet activations.  grand camp.  Dec 25, 1941.  well over 8900 in Manchukuo and hadn't moved anything in or out in over a week.

BigJ62 -> RE: Soviets active (8/13/2009 4:18:28 AM)

Can you post a save?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI