Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

erstad -> Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/12/2009 2:57:51 PM)

I know several people have Tracker running under Vista 64. Have any of you loaded a PBEM game, or is it all head to head or versus AI?

P. Hausser - are you trying to load a PBEM, or an AI game? If the former, can you try starting a head to head game and see if tracker will load for that? (Remember to change the GameType in the properties file)

It turns out I can get Tracker running with HTH and AI but not PBEM.

From years of software support experience, I have to admit the most likely explanation is "Pilot error" such as a dumb error in the configuration file. However, maybe there's something odd going on with Vista 64 and the PBEM AE games.

P.Hausser -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/12/2009 3:12:06 PM)

PROGRESS...

AE Tracker work for me in game VS the AI ... but not in the PMEB game.

I just figured that out..

Paul

Walloc -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/12/2009 3:16:11 PM)

After Erstad alerted me and tested it. Same thing here . Works vs AI what was what i tested last night. Doesnt work with pbem games. Odd. [X(]

Kind regards,

Rasmus

erstad -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/12/2009 3:20:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc

After Erstad alerted me and tested it. Same thing works vs AI what was what i tested last night. Doesnt work with pbem games. Odd. [X(]

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Thanks for running the test, much appreciated.

It sounds like we now are three for three on Vista 64 machines loading HTH or AI but not PBEM. Moves my "dumb user error" a little lower in likelihood!

floydg -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/12/2009 3:23:37 PM)

This is interesting...

Since I don't have 64-bit, it's hard for me to test. But the difference between vs. AI and PBEM is really small - just a password check.

Defcon4 -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/12/2009 3:29:53 PM)

I've been trying to load a saved game against the AI into AE Tracker without success. I'm running Vista 64 with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Java 6 Update 16. I've also tried running both the Bat file and the Jar file. The Bat file generates an error message stating that I have an "Unsatisfied Link Error - pwsdll.dll can't load IA 32 bit .dll on an AMD 64 bit platform". I actually have an Intel chip but I doubt that matters.

P.Hausser -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/12/2009 3:49:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DefCon3

I've been trying to load a saved game against the AI into AE Tracker without success. I'm running Vista 64 with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Java 6 Update 16. I've also tried running both the Bat file and the Jar file. The Bat file generates an error message stating that I have an "Unsatisfied Link Error - pwsdll.dll can't load IA 32 bit .dll on an AMD 64 bit platform". I actually have an Intel chip but I doubt that matters.

Funny you say that, I get exactlly the same when I try running from batch, and I also have a Quad Intel system..

jazman -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/12/2009 6:25:07 PM)

quote:

It's all AMD-Intel vendor maneuvering, with a nice volley by Microsoft.

Microsoft made a 64-bit Windows version for the Itanium CPU (IA64), which is made jointly by Intel and HP. AMD came out with their own 64-bit CPU (x86_64), and Microsoft developed the x64 version of Windows. Intel came along and wanted to have their own 64-bit CPU, but Microsoft said "screw you, we've already done a version for you, use AMD's standard, and you'll have your OS." Intel, realizing that an Intel 64-bit CPU without a Windows OS is useless, came out with their EM64T, which is basically AMD-conformant.

So the Microsoft Windows x64 is at base made for AMD's x86_64, and Intel went along. That's how I remember it, from years ago.

floydg -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/12/2009 8:17:44 PM)

The only thing different between vs. AI and PBEM is checking the password. Unless the save file itself is different between these two and that's causing some issue with the DLL.

P.Hausser -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/12/2009 11:14:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

The only thing different between vs. AI and PBEM is checking the password. Unless the save file itself is different between these two and that's causing some issue with the DLL.

I have checked multiple times that the password ect is correct entered and the options entered correct.

Do you have any theorys about what it can be, or what things we can try to get it working ?

floydg -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 12:37:14 AM)

Okay, try this:

- Download the attachment from the Support page on the WitPTracker AE site, which is jnipws.jar, to the WitPTracker AE directory
- Open a command window
- Change directory to the WitPTracker AE directory
- Copy whatever wpaexxx.pws file you have to be wpae005.pws
- Start the program using java -jar jnipws.jar
- Tell me if you see any Index xx ID yy ... lines

Floyd

P.Hausser -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 1:18:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

Okay, try this:

- Download the attachment from the Support page on the WitPTracker AE site, which is jnipws.jar, to the WitPTracker AE directory
- Open a command window
- Change directory to the WitPTracker AE directory
- Copy whatever wpaexxx.pws file you have to be wpae005.pws
- Start the program using java -jar jnipws.jar
- Tell me if you see any Index xx ID yy ... lines

Floyd

Ok, tested it, and I mailed you the results.

rroberson -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 2:07:56 AM)

I have given up trying to get tracker to work in Vista, while Im sure its operator error...I ahve tried everything I can think of to get it going and failed.

floydg -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 2:36:18 AM)

Okay, here's something else to try. Copy the pwsdll.dll file from witpstaff to the WitPTracker AE folder and see if the program runs fine with that. I may have been packaging with an older DLL.

jmscho -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 11:41:46 AM)

My findings so far are:

By setting GameType to [0] (but for a PBEM game) and using the pwsdll supplied with WitPTracker, it appears to do something. The trackerdb.log grow to 9,507Kb and contains things (TF Names) that could only exist in my save file. But the user interface is not displayed. Waiting several minutes and running again, a backup is produced and the log file is emptied.

If I use the pwsdll from WitPStaff files are created but the log file contains little. Similarly when setting GameType to [1].

n01487477 -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 11:54:25 AM)

Can you do one more test for me, use an end turn save (after you have hit end turn), set the properties GameType to [1]

--Damian--

jmscho -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 12:02:44 PM)

Using the file saved ready to send to my opponent. GameType set to [1]. Must admit I had expected nothing to happen.

Similar to before. The log file grew to 14,852 Kb and included my TF names. No UI presented.

Rerun a while later also produced no UI and emptied the log file.

jmscho -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 12:05:32 PM)

Continued from above.

Using pwsdll from WitPstaff, nothing happens.

Having gameType set to [0] only produces 48Kb log file.

n01487477 -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 12:17:31 PM)

Ok mate,
I'm in the process of downloading a trial of windows 7 64 bit, give me a few days to continue looking into this.

Regards and sorry again
Damian

jmscho -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 12:24:22 PM)

Thanks Damian

Bliztk -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 3:04:09 PM)

I have been googling, and one of the problems its that the x64 machines use a 64 bit JRE.

Unistall Java and download a 32bit Java.

THEN, copy JAVA.exe to the witptracker directory.

My java was installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

Run and fun !

Defcon4 -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 3:23:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

I have been googling, and one of the problems its that the x64 machines use a 64 bit JRE.

Run and fun !

Tried copying the 32 bit Java executable to the Witptracker directory as suggested. After running Tracker's batch file, I got another unsatisfied link error pointing to the pwsdll.dll file. This message said the application failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect. I have no idea what that means.

n01487477 -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 3:24:01 PM)

quote:

Run and fun !

Bliztk, thanks ... I hope this solves the 64bit issue we've been having, cause otherwise I'll have to install windows7 after a disc clean up ... can anyone else verify that this is working ?

Cheers
--Damian--

n01487477 -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 3:27:12 PM)

quote:

Tried copying the 32 bit Java executable to the Witptracker directory as suggested. After running Tracker's batch file, I got another unsatisfied link error pointing to the pwsdll.dll file. This message said the application failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect. I have no idea what that means.

As I said to Miller in the other thread (and it fixed his issue) this is a side-by-side problem most likely fixed with the vcredist_IA64.exe or vcredist_x64.exe hotfix from microsoft ...

delete the trackerdb*. files and try again after patch ...

--Damian--
Edit: and it is most likely the vcredist_x64.exe

P.Hausser -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 3:36:27 PM)

ok, i shall test it

floydg -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 3:38:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: P.Hausser

I have the vcredist_x64.exe 's installed but no difference for me, I get same result.

I have them installed, but still have same prob.

Just guessing... did you try the 32-bit version?

Bliztk -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 3:41:37 PM)

I had the 64 bit version. First uninstalled it[REBOOT], then reinstalled the 32bit version [REBOOT]. I got an error of "java is not a recogniced program", copied java.exe to tracker directory and it began to work (had to copy witpae003 too but this is not related)

n01487477 -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 3:44:00 PM)

quote:

I had the 64 bit version. First uninstalled it, then reinstalled the 32bit version. I got an error of "java is not a recogniced program", copied java.exe to tracker directory and it began to work (had to copy witpae003 too but this is not related)

You are talking about Java here, not the side-by-side Microsoft fix I assume ?

Also on the other thread, I had to get one guy to uninstall the microsoft patch and then apply it again from the original to the ServicePack and then it worked (this was 32bit) ... Strange indeed.

--Damian--

[image]local://upfiles/19798/CE2CA66BE30F46D3A106DC531AB0921C.jpg[/image]

Bliztk -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 3:44:39 PM)

Java, but as I was editing the message, I rebooted my system between installs.

I dont have installed those MS libraries in my system

Defcon4 -> RE: Vista 64 Tracker Users (or attempted users) (9/13/2009 3:45:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

As I said to Miller in the other thread (and it fixed his issue) this is a side-by-side problem most likely fixed with the vcredist_IA64.exe or vcredist_x64.exe hotfix from microsoft ...

delete the trackerdb*. files and try again after patch ...

--Damian--
Edit: and it is most likely the vcredist_x64.exe

Thanks for the response Damian. I had already installed the vcredist_x64.exe file earlier this morning prior to trying to start WitPTracker. I just deleted the trackerdb* files as suggested but still get the 'side by side' error message. Think I'll try the vcredist_IA64.exe file and see if it makes a difference.

I've also been unable to get WitpStaff to run properly. That program seems to load and initialize ok but as soon as I try and load a saved file, the program disappears.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say that I was always a big fan of WitpTracker for WitP. Glad you guys decided to continue to support WitP AE.

Larry

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI