RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods

NefariousKoel -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (9/22/2009 10:10:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

@Balto: it's the 1st post in this thread.
@Nefarious, I'm not sure which 'dot' you want turned back on...
- a modified big blinking blue dot
or one of the red, yellow, green dots.  more info. required.

I believe it was the green one (topmost). I thought the flashing was annoying with some of the stock counters but it helped see which units had used their single available 'group attack' for the turn.

I dunno, I can probably get by without it but when there are tons of counters to keep track of, I can't always remember which ones used their multi-attack so far and that dot helps.

Magpius -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (9/23/2009 3:53:55 AM)

To put the default green dot back on the tile, all you need to do is tweak a line in the appearance.csv file in the unitskins folder.
when I'm on my other machine, I'll post up the details, or maybe bleck or the others here will beat me to it... 

NefariousKoel -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (9/23/2009 4:08:45 AM)

Thanks, that would be much appreciated.

Bleck -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (9/23/2009 1:59:14 PM)

If you want black dot/rectangle/any other shape you want, flashing (or not, it can also be visible when active and hidden when not active) on counter then you need to do two things:
1. Draw two frames of animation of this indicator in info.png
- frame#2 has to be directly under frame#1 (see current dots frames, they are 10x10 size)
- you can place them anywhere you want in this file
- frame#2 has to be directly under frame#1 (see current dots frames, they are 10x10 size)
- they can have any size you want in this file, it's size an position on counter are in appearance.csv so it can be resized/stretched
Please remember that for enemy units when drawing multi-hex indicator only frame#1 is used (visible all the time if active), for your units both frames are used, so you can draw different frames so it blinks, or both frames exactly the same so it vill be visible all the time when active :)

2. Edit appearance.csv that tells game from where to cut indicator frame and where to draw them when drawing unit.
Hope someone else can explain this one more detailed... or you will figure it out by yourself... if not, ask ;)

Magpius -> Unit Mod tweak (10/7/2009 1:48:56 PM)

After a fresh install of game and 1.6 patch I installed my mods from the site and found a glitch with unit names appearing when zoomed out to flag level only.
The attached appearance.txt file replaces my [UnitsSkin] appearance.csv file. Which should rectify this. (don't forget to change the .txt back to .csv)

gwgardner -> RE: Unit Mod tweak (10/7/2009 2:40:01 PM)

Any idea why I'm missing ship icons when I use this mod?

[later] never mind!

Magpius -> RE: Unit Mod tweak (10/8/2009 7:09:43 AM)

If there is anything quirky happening, or graphic requests, please post, and I'll have a go at it.

LuckyJim1005 -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (10/11/2009 4:46:11 PM)

Great mod - thanks.

But I am not seeing Unit names on the map when I use the F4 key - am I doing something wrong ??

Magpius -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (10/11/2009 11:35:33 PM)

No.nothing wrong.
I disabled unit names, because all unit information appeared in the right column of the GUI.
But if you are telling me that the unit names can be toggled on/off by F4, then it is simply a case of modifying the appearance.csv file to put the text back in.
I'll take a look.
-thanks

Magpius -> Toggling Unit Names. (10/11/2009 11:40:21 PM)

Thanks for the heads up Lucky J.
Ill mod the appearance.csv accordingly. and post up here soon.
I never realised that was possible.
-A

Magpius -> RE: Toggling Unit Names. (10/12/2009 8:37:49 AM)

Lucky J.
here is the modified appearance.csv file.
You just have to rename the .txt to .csv and replace over the old one.
It is set for black text.
If you want a different colour you need to change this line.
-77;113;320;10;Arial;16;100;30;30;30;175;175;175;Name Text Dst and Font
the 3 30's make the text dark grey (black)
the 175's change the outline text colour, in this case light grey.
thankyou.

RandomAttack -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (10/14/2009 6:01:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

To put the default green dot back on the tile, all you need to do is tweak a line in the appearance.csv file in the unitskins folder.
when I'm on my other machine, I'll post up the details, or maybe bleck or the others here will beat me to it... 

Is it really this easy to enable the "group attack" dot?? I would really like to have it as I always seem to forget which ones I can still use... If so, what line do we change & to what? If it requires lots of graphic changes as Bleck describes above it's probably beyond my skill set. Doesn't matter to me if it blinks or not.

Thanks, and I'm really enjoying the mod. Even my wife remarked that it looks "just like the boardgames you used to clutter up the table with" [:D]

Magpius -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (10/14/2009 11:52:40 AM)

working on a new 'grog' set that will contain ALL info.
...but real life is biting at the minute
stay tuned

jack54 -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (10/23/2009 1:43:35 AM)

just wanted to let you know that after weeks of working on my own set of counters I went back to take a look at your set
and really enjoyed using them.

Now that I have a little understanding of the csv file I tweeked your set a bit to my liking by adding the 'ap' and 'attack' dots to the right hand side of the counter along with the country flag on the top right. Playing on your map really brought me back to the good old days of board gaming.

thanks; good job!

I still like my counters too but at times they are admittedly too loud.

NefariousKoel -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (10/23/2009 7:41:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jack54

Now that I have a little understanding of the csv file I tweeked your set a bit to my liking by adding the 'ap' and 'attack' dots to the right hand side of the counter along with the country flag on the top right.

Exactly which value in the csv file controls the ap and attack dots? Specifically the multi-attack dots? Is it the two "Attack" values (Attack Pack Src & Attack Dst)? I never found this out and haven't jacked with it yet but intend to.

Bleck -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (10/23/2009 8:16:25 PM)

From appearance.csv I uploaded ( in this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2216887 ) :
quote:

10;0;10;10;AP Left Pack Src(x;y;width;height) Defines rect of frame#1, under this there should be frame2, they can be the same if you don't want any animation (blinking)

105;111;6;6;AP Left Dst(x;y;width;height) Visible only if Action Points > 0

30;0;10;10;Attack Pack Src(x;y;width;height) Defines rect of frame#1, under this there should be frame2, they can be the same if you don't want any animation (blinking). If unit is enemy only frame#1 is displayed, no blinking possible

110;77;10;10;Attack Dst(x;y;width;height) Visible if multi-hex attack is possible (as attacke if player's unit, as defender if AI)

I can also give you a hint - you can change dot graphic to let's say red rectangle with 50% transparency and stretch it so it covers whole counter, so it would be more visible ;)

jack54 -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (10/23/2009 8:50:58 PM)

yes NefariousKoel it's the Attack Pack Src & Attack Dst as Bleck said.

with Agent S units I use

10;0;10;10;AP Left Pack Src
108;67;8;8;AP Left Dst
30;0;10;10;Attack Pack Src
107;85;10;10;Attack Dst

this puts a small green ap dot alittle above the bigger blue attack dot on the right side of the counters.

a little 'trial and error' and you can get them exactly where you want them.

NefariousKoel -> RE: Unit Mod for 1.6 (10/23/2009 10:00:06 PM)

Thanks guys!

Magpius -> Thanks Jack (10/28/2009 4:58:12 AM)

Thanks Jack,
Your set really has great potential. Just a wee bit too busy for my tired ol' peepers.
It did inspire me to try something similar. But I ruined some flag.pngs in the process...
Working on a new map and counter mod at the moment.
Just waiting for work to slow down a little so I can get back to it.

jack54 -> RE: Thanks Jack (10/28/2009 11:00:49 PM)

thanks 'S',

I can totally understand people finding my counters too busy; as I've said I switch between counter sets and maps myself.

One thing I didn't realize was how much you can actually do with unit counter background on the png itself;Shading resizing ect. that might be easier and cleaner. (many of the graphics I try pixelate a great deal at this scale.)

Anyway looking forward to your next set, You guys making maps have me in awe, I took a look at the map folder and closed it. looks painful.

Magpius -> Unit Upgrade (11/4/2009 8:16:45 AM)

Here is a general update on the counter set I'm currently using.
Zip file attached in following post
(edit)please note: My unit text names is in black not white, as shown here.
As I play on my map mod. But unit colour text is easily tweaked in the .csv file.

[image]local://upfiles/26546/CA0480A9B0E44761A8616BCA92E76E4A.jpg[/image]

Magpius -> Unit Upgrade -zip file (11/4/2009 8:18:25 AM)

Here is the file for the above set

cpdeyoung -> RE: Unit Upgrade -zip file (11/4/2009 12:00:16 PM)

That is so sweet! You guys are tearing me up with such wonderful choices.

Thanks to all our wonderful modders.

Chuck

Uxbridge -> RE: Unit Upgrade -zip file (11/4/2009 1:50:06 PM)

Very good, Agent.

I might just as well try and steal some of that. [:D]

gwgardner -> RE: Unit Upgrade -zip file (11/4/2009 4:46:23 PM)

Thx for the update, AgentS. Really fine.

One change I'd like to make for myself, is to move the unit names back down to the bottom. right now they overwrite the city names. I guess it's just a matter of finding the line in some file to move that down. Can you tell me where that is? TIA

[later]
I think I found the line, in appearances.csv, but have no idea which of those values to change. I compared it to another mod, but didn't see anything obvious.

Bleck -> RE: Unit Upgrade -zip file (11/4/2009 9:11:18 PM)

quote:

I think I found the line, in appearances.csv, but have no idea which of those values to change. I compared it to another mod, but didn't see anything obvious.

Second value in line is the Y position, you should increase it ;)

harpoon2000 -> RE: Unit Upgrade -zip file (11/4/2009 9:34:49 PM)

What line is the one I would need to edit?

Bleck -> RE: Unit Upgrade -zip file (11/4/2009 10:15:32 PM)

25th, the one with description "Name Text Dst and Font" :)

Magpius -> RE: Unit Upgrade -zip file (11/5/2009 6:53:08 AM)

-77;38;320;12;Times New Roman;14;0;30;30;30;175;175;175;Name Text Dst and Font
change the 38 to a value around the 110mark. and it should do the trick.
as for the white text instead of the black, change the 30's to a value closer to 255 and the 175's to 30's.
I have also noticed that the mid level zoom still needs a tweak, as the command medal and replacement tab is not yet defined correctly. So I'll post up a tweaked .csv file with black text shortly.
(It's hand in week at Uni, and I'm up to my eyeballs in grading design projects)

gwgardner -> RE: Unit Upgrade -zip file (11/5/2009 3:35:33 PM)

Hi,

Thx for the info.

I had another minor question. Really like the A and F indicators, but they disappear after about four or five zooms out. Is there any way to keep those on the counter until it shifts to just showing the flag?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI