New Beta Update Available (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day

Andrew Loveridge -> New Beta Update Available (10/19/2009 9:35:00 PM)

Version 5.50.07b is now available to download and test run. It is available as a Registered Download in the Members Club. This is a Beta version, replacing v5.50.03b, so please inform us of any issues you find. We think this will be the next official version, possibly going live next week. So, please take this opportunity to help us do a final check on it.

There are a fair number of fixes, this is in addition to all that went into v5.50.03b;

Code fixes

o Added more error reporting when a missing vehicle/shadow texture is requested.
o AI may now decided to swap out 1 or 2 active teams from a BG depending on the known composition of the opposing BG. Occurs only at line difficulty or higher.
o Fixed a bug where the campaign-defined ‘home’ direction was being overwritten after one battle, resulting in inconsistent entry locations any subsequent single battle games, troops sometimes moving in the wrong direction, and prisoners wandering off the wrong way.
o Allied AB BGs that arrive during the night turn will not reappear during turn 1 if they disband during the night.
o No longer able to allocated unlimited teams for some team types of some BGs on the BG screen.
o Clicking BGs on the strat map now selects the correct BG for all start map tiles.
o BGs are no longer show as exhausted when they have zero fatigue.
o Assert condition in battlegroups.h at end of the last battle for a day fixed.
o Fixed bug with display settings where CTD would occur when map size is smaller than users screen resolution.
o Made beach bunker coding consistent among all maps pointed out in bug tracker.
o Fixed a bug where the AI might swap out a tank for additional infantry if it found the enemy was weak in anti-tank assets.
o Increased integrity of towed guns to make them somewhat more difficult to knock out.
o Updated hindrance values to mitigate 'unspottable troops' issue. Visual hinderance values in the 300-449 range have been reduced to 225-250 or increased to 450 (total LOS/LOF block).
o Tweaked gun crew engagement decision making. Gunner slightly less likely to engage infantry with main gun. Crew will not engage with small arms when gunner would not also choose to engage with HE.

Maps

o Bunker floor element now allows AT guns to be deployed on it.
o Dog Green coding fixed so that bunkers are correclty coded with "bunker floor" rather than "courtyard".
o More map coding checked for compliance with WaR map coding style guide.
o UTAH beach US BGs now land in correct place in grand campaign.
o All maps checked for compliance with WaR map coding style guide.
o Map name spelling errors fixed, areas not assigned to specific r/l areas now assigned.
o Naval support for allies added to all maps but the back most row of the strategic area. 47 maps now have allied naval support.
o Vierville Sur Mer exit VL to Dog Green moved in and down 1 mega tile to expand deploay zone.
o Returned St. Pierre du Mont map text file to correct file.
o Made map coding match graphical depiction of floors on St. Honorine map.
o Fixed level number on Caen. Changed interior number from "4" to "3".
o Fixed lines in roof file of St. Marie du Mont.
o Fixed unassigned values in INCauseway map.
o Fixed map coding where dead animal was coded in open ground of St. Marie du Mont.

Data

o Name in Shadows.azp for Churchill AVRE fixed so it's under the max number of characters.
o French commandos appear in 9 Bde (British) BG.
o ChurchillAVRE name fixed in tanks.azp file to be 13 or less characters.
o ChurchillAVRE references fixed in vehicles.txt.
o Guns added to guns.azp file.
o BGroups.txt fixed to have allied tanks show up in Battlegroups.
o Fixed error in AxsTeams where Panther G (index 152) was pointing to the wrong BGUNITICON. Changed from 0 to 151.
o Changed PzJg 35R armor to match Marder I.
o Changed PzIVH top armor to 13 (instead of 10).
o Slightly increased mortar minimum ranges for HE when it was less than actual weapon specs.
o Mortar Point Blank ranges for HE now set to minimum range + 1.
o Mortar Short ranges set to former PB range.

Graphics

o Name in Shadows.azp for Churchill AVRE fixed so it's under the max number of characters.
o Light fx blended around the edges. NOTE: The huge light from the flare was causing some performance issues but I think I have this at an acceptable level. See if the flare slows down the game on your machines, please.
o All strat map arrows show on strat screen when you hold down the spacebar. If the user presses a mouse button down the arrows are cleared – 99% sure that is a non-issue but I had to do it to prevent painting conflicts.
o Unusable team slots on the BG screen are painted out with a background texture.
o Fixed German Heer vehicle rank gadgets so uniforms are black.
o Added SS rank gadgets with black uniforms and pink edged shoulder boards.
o Commonwealth uniforms now coloured correctly.
o Light effects no longer cause errors on maps smaller than the window size (Amfreville).
o "Illumination Available" message no longer has garbage characters at the begining.
o Overview map now repaints correctly after a message bar is displayed and cleared.
o Overview map now repaints correctly when the pause dialog appears / disappears.
o Added bounds checking to code that loads vehicle texture names to prevent possible overflows.
o Some vehicle graphics updated and added to tanks.azp.
o Fixed Battlegroup type graphic for BG screen so all are identified properly. No more "Invalide Battlegroup type" graphics.
o Added brigade identifier to Canadian battlegroup patches.
o Added line on scenario editor screen between Chef du Pont and Pont l' Abbe map area diamonds.
o Fixed Gammon bomb icon in Weapons.txt
o Graphical error in scrngadg.gdg for BG types fixed.
o Change to Battlegroupscreen where "Supply" becomes "Reserves".
o Incorporated fix from Nembo that puts patch shadow for STRPATCH55 on correct side to match other patches shadows.

Battles

o Bootcamp scripts updated.
o Added one night turn for every day of the GC.

Classic CC5

o Included previously fixed scrngadg file that repairs the "edit opponent" button.
o New strat map gadgets (Rest BG button, cohesion, fatigue) no longer shown on Strat Map screen for classic.
o No more random parachute entry for classic.
o BGEDIT buttons fixed for "Edit Opponent" on the BG screen.
o Updates to Alsteams.txt. Quotation marks team names.
o Updates to FPools.txt. Last 5 columns of Forcepools cleaned up.
o Commander pics that fit in the available Cdr space added to scrngadg file.

Andrew Williams -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/19/2009 10:30:48 PM)

Thanks Andrew

Downloading now

:)

Fred98 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/19/2009 10:46:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

Thanks Andrew

Downloading now

8:30 am

Shouldn't you be at work banging out gold rings or something? [:D]

-

Andrew Williams -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/19/2009 10:53:04 PM)

Work doesn't start for anothe 7 minutes

[image]http://www.awjewellery.biz/celtic/L522-1.jpg[/image]

Fred98 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/19/2009 11:13:10 PM)

I've been in the office for 2 hours! We bankers work such long hours [&:]

-

Andrew Williams -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/19/2009 11:58:28 PM)

Ok... I've finished... now it's time to play.

We jewellers don't have to work hard, it might crinkle my suit     :)

squadleader_id -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/20/2009 4:46:27 AM)

(Early) bug report:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2272333

steeljackal -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/20/2009 12:15:30 PM)

From previus patch's thread

ogrando
quote:

In CCV and CCCOI if I move a unit on map border, it leave the map and in unit's status appear exited (if i remember right). In CCTLD? Can unit leave the map? I try but the unit remain on the map. I'm wrong something? I'm members club and have the beta patch

If this is not implemented, can be fix in the next patch?

PS
Is this thread for patch bug/suggestion? If not, im sorry, and where I must to write?

Andrew Williams
Administrator
quote:

you could never do that in CC5
only CC3/Coi and maybe, can't remember for sure CC2

You're right. Im wrong. Only in CC2/3/COI unit can leave the map.

But this is a nice feaure. In TLD you can't flee the battle (in CC3/COI there is the "flee" button), then this could be a nice feature especially in TLD.

Maybe can be added with the ultimate patch?

Sorry for bad english, I hope I was clear.

PS
My friend and I playing "Obiective Caen" online with the previus patch. Can we install the latest patch and prosecute the campaign from previus save?

Thanks

RD Oddball -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/20/2009 3:27:46 PM)

Such a massive coding change is too late for TLD but we'll certainly consider it for future releases.  Thanks for the feedback on that.  Your English is great and was perfectly understandable.

Re: playing old "Objective Caen" -  Our standard response for this is NO.  Data that can possibly contradict new data can exist in the game file and cause errors or the file to become corrupted and unplayable.  The old game will open under the new patch but what I described above could and likely will happen.  It's best to restart the game OR continue playing without the newest patch then when you're done install the new patch.

Senior Drill -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/21/2009 12:02:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ogrando
...... But this is a nice feaure. In TLD you can't flee the battle (in CC3/COI there is the "flee" button), then this could be a nice feature especially in TLD.

Maybe can be added with the ultimate patch? ......

The replacement systems between CC3 and CC4 & CC5 (and CoI between War & TLD) are completely different. This Dead Horse topic has been thrashed many times in the past on other game forums, many of which are now, themselves, dead horses. So it might be appropriate to ressurect the discussion in a new thread to gnaw on the bones once again.

Varangian -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/21/2009 12:18:44 AM)

Hi Thanks for new beta.

Did you make any changes to fix the problem in the Buron map reported earlier Tech Support forum? Thanks

RD Oddball -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/21/2009 2:32:35 AM)

Varangian, that particular map was graciously lent to the project from GJS crew via Cathartes.  Not sure what the intent was behind the coding of the original map maker and after trying to replicate your difficulties I could not.  So there's no way to verify this is in fact a problem if it doesn't occur the same way every time.  Not sure how to answer this more accurately.

FeurerKrieg -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/21/2009 11:53:00 PM)

quote:

o Naval support for allies added to all maps but the back most row of the strategic area. 47 maps now have allied naval support.

[X(][X(][X(][X(]

Do we have some Allied fanboys playing here? If we're going to put naval support nearly all the way back, I want some German air support, at least a mission or two.

quote:

319 - Total interventions of the Luftwaffe (German Air Force) on June 6, 1944
http://www.dday-overlord.com/eng/dday_figures.htm

Pz Leader -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/22/2009 1:00:57 AM)

I sympathize with you Krieg. I have played both sides of TLD H2H, although I have not played a GC to completion yet. In my experience, it seems that the Allies are favored in line v line play. I have yet to see a German player victorious in a GC. Makes me wonder if line v line is meant for play against the AI. I'm curious what settings other players are using for balanced H2H play. Alternatively, I wonder whether the scoring needs to be adjusted, i.e., scoring in H2H play perhaps should be tied to how each side did historically, which I believe is how play against AI is currently scored.

RD Oddball -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/22/2009 3:28:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

quote:

[X(][X(][X(][X(]

Do we have some Allied fanboys playing here? If we're going to put naval support nearly all the way back, I want some German air support, at least a mission or two.

quote:

319 - Total interventions of the Luftwaffe (German Air Force) on June 6, 1944
http://www.dday-overlord.com/eng/dday_figures.htm

Sorry a copy paste typo. That was from an earlier updates text file. Everything else is accurate.

FeurerKrieg -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/22/2009 3:44:58 AM)

So naval gunfire hasn't changed? Well that's a relief.

RD Oddball -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/22/2009 4:40:05 PM)

It shouldn't have changed. That note was from an early, admittedly somewhat sarcastic response in reaction to a request to add naval to over half the maps that was part of an earlier plan. We'd refined our view of it based on gameplay and history to arrive at the current plan. I think we're at a solid compromise between the two that makes sense. The item accidentally got added into this list because I'd copied from all the update lists since the official release and missed this one when I went back and weeded out the items that were not pertinent. Hey I was in a hurry.[:D][8|]

Concord -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 2:40:23 AM)

Just confirming - there are no patches or updates needed for the purchased version of the game is there?

Andrew Williams -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 3:39:53 AM)

I would recommend you download and install the 5.50.07b beta patch that this thread refers to.

It is comprehensive and does (should) include all previous fixes.

panzerlehr62 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 6:07:32 AM)

quote:

So naval gunfire hasn't changed? Well that's a relief.

Feurer Krieg are you saying the allies already had an unfair advantage and thus don't need the extra gunfire? I am appalled by your lack of concern for the poor little bitty allied Bgs that must brave one new map after another without any type of off shore support. Then you have the audacity to ask for one or two air strikes....my God next you will be asking that all your Bgs have at least 12 team slots or that their morale doesnt break after 3 teams are lost....jessss

Gz...

Concord -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 6:16:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

I would recommend you download and install the 5.50.07b beta patch that this thread refers to.

It is comprehensive and does (should) include all previous fixes.

Thanks Andrew!

It appears the Members Club needs a separate account to log in (can't log in using this forum's password). Is this correct?

I have two LAN grand campaigns going with a friend. If I install the patches on both computers, will everything be fine and we continue on playing? Or is there a chance it will make our saved campaigns unplayable?

Andrew Williams -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 6:18:21 AM)

Hi

Just copied from above

quote:

Our standard response for this is NO.  Data that can possibly contradict new data can exist in the game file and cause errors or the file to become corrupted and unplayable.  The old game will open under the new patch but what I described above could and likely will happen.  It's best to restart the game OR continue playing without the newest patch then when you're done install the new patch.

Andrew Williams -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 6:26:15 AM)

You have to jpoin the members club

http://www.matrixgames.com/community/login.asp

you will need your serial number.

Login  then go to Registered downloads

You will find the beta patch there

Concord -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 8:19:30 AM)

I see.

It appears that when I try to use my current user name from the forums while registering for the members club, it says it's already taken. Does this mean I will need to have two different online names - one for the forum and one for the members club?

Since we are already quite a way into our grand campaigns, I think we may decide to play on without the patch rather than start from the beginning. I bought TLD recently though. Are all the errors listed in the fix likely to be problems in a recently purchased version? So far I have only noticed the issues of not being able to place support and guns not being allowed to set up in bunkers.

Andrew Williams -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 9:46:18 AM)

The login names at the members club and here on the forum are independant.... so yes you may need a different login.

Anyone can join the forum , only Matrix customers can join the members club, by quoting their games serial number.

Concord -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 1:23:56 PM)

I did not find this process very intuitive, but finally managed to register, log on, find the right area, register the game, only to find that...ohhh, it's called a beta patch because it's unsupported. Hmmm, good thing I'm a tenacious Close Combat fan or I never would have got that far eh? [;)]

Although I don't think I will install it at this stage, I've downloaded it just in case it turns out to be indispensable.

Thanks for your assistance Andrew.

FeurerKrieg -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 5:11:44 PM)

I thought all CC fans were tenacious. Who else would be playing the same series of games some ten or fifteen years later?

Andrew Williams -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 8:48:49 PM)

quote:

I did not find this process very intuitive,

it isn't.

panzerlehr62 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 9:37:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RD_Oddball

It shouldn't have changed. That note was from an early, admittedly somewhat sarcastic response in reaction to a request to add naval to over half the maps that was part of an earlier plan. We'd refined our view of it based on gameplay and history to arrive at the current plan. I think we're at a solid compromise between the two that makes sense. The item accidentally got added into this list because I'd copied from all the update lists since the official release and missed this one when I went back and weeded out the items that were not pertinent. Hey I was in a hurry.[:D][8|]

I have to say this (I think the allies have unfair advantage as it stands now so I am not crying for extra offshore support, well maybe after you read this I am [:D]) in the GC with FK we had this exact meeting, 12thSS fighting Canadian troops (8/3 in our game) between Caen and Bayeaux (at Buron) on June 7th (same day).

According to the militaryhistoryonline.com, a combination of massed artillery fire and NAVAL GUN SUPPORT quicky stalled the German advance, forcing them back to their start line. Had I had Naval support as an option when I entered that map, no question I wouldn't have been forced off it (I would have used it again next turn too), similar to what really happened. So there is no doubt history wise that it could be included in a few extra maps. I personally would just like to see it be available for all the beach maps, not just the landing maps.

I also think air power could have a more devastating effect in this game similar to Naval fire. Maybe insted of one plane, it would consist of several creating the same area of destruction that offshore does.

Gz...

Q.M -> RE: New Beta Update Available (10/23/2009 9:56:28 PM)

quote:

I thought all CC fans were tenacious. Who else would be playing the same series of games some ten or fifteen years later?

We are and exactly.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI