RE: War Plan Orange (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

Onime No Kyo -> RE: War Plan Orange (1/12/2010 1:50:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

******Clark Field, Luzon, 13:50, Dec 7, 1941******

War Plan Orange Compliance Officer: Major, it says right here on page 12..<looks at WPO document>.."..USAFFE shall destroy or render unserviceable the enemy airfields on Formosa via the application of offensive air power."

Maj. Landry, CO, 30th BS(H):
With two Goddmaned serviceable aircraft? Decorum prevents me from saying what you should properly do with War Plan Orange. Now, if you will excuse me, we are bugging out to Darwin.

The good Major should have thought of that before he lost the other 10. [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: Le ugly (1/12/2010 1:53:24 AM)

quote:

Well...truth be told...at this stage of the war..Allied decryption efforts are insufficient to allow the recovery of conversations between the crewmen of 25mm AA guns on Jap destroyers at sea.

So I just made it up.

But, the more interesting question is...what were they not shooting at?

One vote for "whistling sh!thouse" here. [:)]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Le ugly (1/12/2010 8:51:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Well...truth be told...at this stage of the war..Allied decryption efforts are insufficient to allow the recovery of conversations between the crewmen of 25mm AA guns on Jap destroyers at sea.

So I just made it up.

But, the more interesting question is...what were they not shooting at?

One vote for "whistling sh!thouse" here. [:)]

Good thought..and it was uglier than homemade sin,

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/Supermarine_Stranraer_3_ExCC.jpg/300px-Supermarine_Stranraer_3_ExCC.jpg[/image]

but I don't think it could be deployed on Midway by Dec 8 due to range limitations. Think Dec 41, USAAF.

Chickenboy -> RE: Le ugly (1/12/2010 8:54:46 PM)

I'll vote for the B-18 bolo. With that droopy bubble chin, it looks like its in need of some serious plastic surgery. Must be quite a (retch-inducing) sight from above and below.

Mynok -> RE: Le ugly (1/12/2010 10:31:13 PM)

Yeah, I would think the Bolo as well. Looks like possum on a stick with wings.

USSAmerica -> RE: Le ugly (1/12/2010 10:39:18 PM)

Grabbing a cold brew and settling in to enjoy the show!  [sm=00000613.gif]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Le ugly (1/13/2010 2:33:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I'll vote for the B-18 bolo. With that droopy bubble chin, it looks like its in need of some serious plastic surgery. Must be quite a (retch-inducing) sight from above and below.

B-18 Bolo it is. I moved 4 of them to get out of the disaster that was Oahu...3 got airborne...alas...there was no way 3 Bolos with 45 experience crews were going to hit Ushio at full speed. Even worse, none of the B-18's were shot down.

witpqs -> RE: Le ugly (1/13/2010 2:41:08 PM)

quote:

Even worse, none of the B-18's were shot down.

So the crews have to show pictures of their ride to their loved ones after the war. Oh, the horror...

Mynok -> RE: Le ugly (1/13/2010 5:07:03 PM)

Bolo pilots can get dates? [&:][:'(]

Chickenboy -> RE: Le ugly (1/13/2010 5:46:13 PM)

I wonder what the pilots named their planes?

"Fat Chick"
"Wingman"
"Three Beer Sally"
"Eleanor Roosevelt"

[;)]

gladiatt -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 2:30:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Caution - Do NOT read this AAR with liquids in your mouth!! [:D]

too late [:D]

sprior -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 4:35:33 PM)

Someone said bombs had exploded on some of the ships in Honky Fidd but we suspect it was those rowdy japanese tourists again with their firecrackers. Now there's a report that coach loads of them are coming across for the nightlife.

The RN put to sea in disgust, they'd rather talk to yanks than those uncouth ex-allies.

BrucePowers -> RE: Le ugly (1/14/2010 4:52:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

The B-10 was pretty ugly too.

BrucePowers -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 4:54:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Someone said bombs had exploded on some of the ships in Honky Fidd but we suspect it was those rowdy japanese tourists again with their firecrackers. Now there's a report that coach loads of them are coming across for the nightlife.

The RN put to sea in disgust, they'd rather talk to yanks than those uncouth ex-allies.

That could be hazardous to their health.....

Mynok -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 4:56:47 PM)

Here be dragons [:D]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 6:49:39 PM)

quote:

I would strongly recommend you take measures to keep the numbers down or you will soon be unable get a start time on your favorite course and the karaoke bars will be full of people with bad renditions of "Feerings".

sprior -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 9:40:19 PM)

The busy Honky Fidd sea front

[image]local://upfiles/6847/C43D0E4CF43C41BE9EFC3FF776E48641.jpg[/image]

sprior -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 9:43:34 PM)

Pongos on the move

[image]local://upfiles/6847/08A45CE5A74A43CD98082037A40E251E.jpg[/image]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 10:04:58 PM)

quote:

Pongos on the move

[image]local://upfiles/6847/08A45CE5A74A43CD98082037A40E251E.jpg[/image]

[:D][:D][:D]

Readers would be well advised to find use the Urban Dictionary when they encounter a term used by Lord Admiral Sprior with which they are unfamiliar.

pongos=Horny, attractive young army guys who will do anything to get with a girl for the night.

[:D]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pongos

Mynok -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 10:08:04 PM)

He should put the link in his sig. [:D]

Mynok -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 10:20:22 PM)

quote:

The busy Honky Fidd sea front

Honky Fidd? [:D]

sprior -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/14/2010 10:22:33 PM)

This AAR will be done in pure JackSpeak

Cap Mandrake -> Dry Dock Number 1 (1/15/2010 12:43:49 AM)

*******Aboard USS Tennesee, Dry Dock Number 1, Pearl Harbor, 08;50, Dec. 8, 1941*********

The sky is filled with black blemishes as every AA gun aboard ships in harbor and even mobile Army weapons parked at strategic locations on Ford Island fire continuously at dozens of Japanese bombers who have impetuously returned for a second day. Many are destroyed this time, especially the torpedo bombers. A single Kate, low over the water, heads for Tennessee.

Jr. Officer: There is one, sir, a torpedo bomber.

Ship's Captain: She can't hurt us much in dry dock, son, keep up your fire on the dive bombers.....

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Dry Dock Number 1 (1/15/2010 12:53:07 AM)

*****Nakajima B5N, Lt. Commander Shimazaki pilot and leader of strike group, Carrier Div. 5******

He cannot believe his luck to approach so close to the American ship without AA fire. Perhaps they believe they are safe in dry dock? He keys his intercom, "SET JUMPING PORPOISE SETTING!"

Mynok -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/15/2010 1:22:15 AM)

quote:

This AAR will be done in pure JackSpeak

[:D][:D][:D]

BrucePowers -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/15/2010 2:52:55 AM)

So how bad is the Tennessee been hurt?[:D]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/15/2010 5:23:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

So how bad is the Tennessee been hurt?[:D]

The Kates from the "Crouching Crane" scored 1 hit each on 2 different BB's and one CL in drydock with the top secret "jumping porpoise" torpedo.

All vessels able to make at least 30 kts. had put out to sea late on the 7th and escaped damage. The BB's which were not in drydock absorbed most of the hits (better them than undamaged DD's and CA's). Arizona was sunk after multiple torpedo hits in the morning and afternoon attacks. Failing a 3rd day of attacks she will be the only BB to sink but all will have at least 4 mos. in the yard.

A small oiler, a DMS and an AV were also sunk.

I doubt there will be a third day of attacks as the losses to the Kates were higher (17) and they will be running low on torpedoes (especially the snazzy "jumping porpoise" modification).

The P-40's did well, accounting for about half the kills, the rest were from AAA. Some of the P-40 squadrons are in such bad shape morale-wise that a special USO show is being cooked up.

Meanwhile, the KB is spotted for an extra day. I am already plotting revenege. [;)]

Cap Mandrake -> It's in the genes (1/15/2010 5:46:29 PM)

[image]local://upfiles/7983/7943A54EF0B5441694C74EAA9B6ADF19.jpg[/image]

Chickenboy -> RE: It's in the genes (1/15/2010 5:53:26 PM)

Hooray for "Col. Flint"!

Mynok -> RE: Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too! (1/15/2010 5:57:01 PM)

quote:

The Kates from the "Crouching Crane" scored 1 hit each on 2 different BB's and one CL in drydock with the top secret "jumping porpoise" torpedo.

[:D] Maybe someone forgot to drain the drydocks.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI