RE: Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

elliotg -> RE: Question (2/6/2010 10:12:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tycow
Apologies if it's already been asked, but is there a single player campaign/story to play? 

There is a hidden back-story present in all games. Pursuing this back-story is optional, but it does explain a lot of stuff about the galaxy.

elliotg -> RE: Question (2/6/2010 10:15:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ypsylon
My question below is result of reading an article about Pluto undergoing intense seasonal changes on the surface right now.

Is weather/seismic activity/etc represented in DW?

If yes, then how it does affect game-play.

Agricultural production drops because of very bad weather, industrial output plummeting when ice age is coming because of over-harvesting. Only 2 fun ideas out of rather long list. [:)]

No weather factors that directly apply to planets. There are things like scenery and research attributes that give bonuses to particular types of stars and planets.

There's also huge galactic storms in some of the nebulae that affect any ships or bases inside them.

dingbat911 -> RE: Question (2/6/2010 10:18:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg
There's also huge galactic storms in some of the nebulae that affect any ships or bases inside them.

Interesting! can you elaborate?

Okim -> RE: Question (2/7/2010 9:19:04 AM)

quote:

There is a hidden back-story present in all games. Pursuing this back-story is optional, but it does explain a lot of stuff about the galaxy.

Is there a random back-story for each game or one for all games?

XoX -> RE: Question (4/5/2010 3:51:40 PM)

On Earth: I did find the Sol system in one game. Started as humans in a sector full of human independants. A few stars over was Sol.....
Mercury and Venus were there then there was a gap where Mars, Earth and the belt should be.
Jupiter was there just fine with Europa (colonised) and so was Saturn. Pluto was there IIRC as were maybe a few other kuiper objects. Neptune and Uranus though were ice worlds.

Cheet4h -> RE: Question (4/5/2010 4:20:32 PM)

Everytime i played the Humans (4 - 5 games) i found the humans. Also 2 -3 planets in the system were independent humans. Also in 1 case i even started at Sol 5 :D

Question: Is the historical home system always colonized by independents of a race?

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI