Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath

Harvey Birdman -> Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/22/2010 7:42:09 PM)

The manual isn't clear if strat bombers have any role in the "air recon", "air strike" or "attack enemy fleet" action button missions.

I'd guess no. If the answer is yes, who's better at naval interdiction, air army's/divisions or strat bombers?

Harbinger -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/22/2010 9:02:26 PM)

Fighter Air (Air Div) can perform Air vs Air missions and Recon. They also protect against enemy Air.

Tactical Bombers (Air Army) can perform Air to Ground attacks, Sea Zone attacks and Recon.

Strategic Bombers can perform Strategic Bombing missions against enemy cites or resources, Sea Zone attacks and Recon.

To my knowledge, there is no distinction between Tac Air and Strat Air for the results in a Sea Zone attack.

Harvey Birdman -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/22/2010 10:22:59 PM)

quote:

Fighter Air (Air Div) can perform Air vs Air missions and Recon. They also protect against enemy Air.

Tactical Bombers (Air Army) can perform Air to Ground attacks, Sea Zone attacks and Recon.

Wow, the manual, didn't make that clear either. I assumed both air divisions and air army's were a mix of fighters and tac bombers. I guess I should have assumed nothing. Thanks for answering my question Harbinger.

I wonder why they didn't call an air division a "fighter"; and an air army a "tactical bomber"?

Razz1 -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/22/2010 10:49:04 PM)

ah.... Cost!
You loose a hit point against the Strategic Bomber and its alot more PP to replace it. [X(]

Harbinger -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/23/2010 2:27:12 PM)

quote:

I wonder why they didn't call an air division a "fighter"; and an air army a "tactical bomber"?

I believe the name changes were made in the 1.60 patch. To my knowledge, the manual has yet to be updated with any of the changes made from the patches, but I think the information was released in a readme file along with the patch.

New York Jets -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/23/2010 9:41:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harbinger

Strategic Bombers can perform Strategic Bombing missions against enemy cites or resources, Sea Zone attacks and Recon.

To my knowledge, there is no distinction between Tac Air and Strat Air for the results in a Sea Zone attack.

How come, when I activate a strategic bomber unit, the "Sea Attack" option does not appear?

Harbinger -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/23/2010 11:27:29 PM)

The Strat Bomber or Tactical Bomber must be within range (I believe 6-8 hexes) of a Sea Zone for the option to appear.

New York Jets -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/24/2010 5:18:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harbinger

The Strat Bomber or Tactical Bomber must be within range (I believe 6-8 hexes) of a Sea Zone for the option to appear.

I have 8 Strategic Bomber units placed between London and the Dover coastline, and when I activate them they do NOT get the Sea Attack option.

Harbinger -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/24/2010 6:07:45 AM)

Perhaps it is my mistake and Strat Bombers are not able to make sea Zone attacks.

Maximeba -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/24/2010 6:56:13 PM)

quote:

I'm not sure a strat bomber can make sea zone attacks. I have 3 Brits by Norwich and 3 American bombers on the North Sea cost in England and the sea zone attack symbol never comes up for them.

Harbinger -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/24/2010 7:23:38 PM)

Really? I thought I had read in the manual that Strat Bombers could make Sea Zone attacks. Perhaps I am mistaken. My apologies.

Bleck -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/24/2010 10:11:33 PM)

Fighters:
- attack enemy air unit

Tactical bombers
- attack enemy fleet
- attack enemy land unit

Strategic bombers:
- attack enemy city
- nuclear strike

New York Jets -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (1/25/2010 3:26:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bleck

Fighters:
- attack enemy air unit

Tactical bombers
- attack enemy fleet
- attack enemy land unit

Strategic bombers:
- attack enemy city
- nuclear strike

Strategic Bomber units should have some level of sea attack capabilities. Lower than Tactical Bomber units, yes, but they should have the capability.

Akmatov -> RE: Do Strat bombers have any other role besides strat bombing? (3/17/2011 5:58:30 PM)

Not really.  Certainly in the Pacific the USAAC B-17s which were touted as being capable against ships almost never hit a moving ship.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI