Bug, or did I do something wrong (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great

AlAmos -> Bug, or did I do something wrong (1/25/2010 8:15:44 PM)

Play testing a small scenario today that I made, and the oddest thing. A Side B unit was able to occupy the same hex as a Side A leader, and then A Side A unit moved through a Side B leader. Any ideas?

PrinzHenrich -> RE: Bug, or did I do something wrong (1/25/2010 8:50:41 PM)

You put them together in one hex or they move themselfs?

AlAmos -> RE: Bug, or did I do something wrong (1/25/2010 9:14:08 PM)

They moved there by themselves during a turn.

In situation one: Side B was conducting a multi-unit charge of three units. The charge path was three hexes wide. Two units hit companies opposite them, the third unit hit a leader. I had selected the units to charge past the targets since thier targets were at different distances, in hexes, from the charging line. The unit that ended up moving on the leader ended up in the hex with the leader, no melee, no casualties, etc. Both residing in the same hex after the charge. I could even check on both the ldr and the unit in the status box at the bottom of the screen.

In situation two: the Side A unit was asked to charge a Side B unit that had its ldr two hexes in front of it. The Side A unit marched right through the Side B ldr, no melee, no casualties. It stopped in front of its target, a unit of Side B.

Quite odd.

jackx -> RE: Bug, or did I do something wrong (1/25/2010 9:26:32 PM)

Leaders normally block charges (that is charge movement) completely (just as they block artillery LOS), but upon a unit using normal movement or the follow-up from an assault or charge, they should be eliminated.

There's definitely a bug somewhere in the system that screws this up, had it happen before, as reported here

AlAmos -> RE: Bug, or did I do something wrong (1/26/2010 12:21:48 AM)

Okay thanks. [:)]

I thought it was a bug. Will that be fixed in the first patch?

jackx -> RE: Bug, or did I do something wrong (1/26/2010 12:26:02 PM)

I hope it will be, the leaders blocking fire LOS and charge movement hardly seems consistent with their other attributes...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI