TOAW III portable (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

Freezer -> TOAW III portable (2/24/2010 2:31:46 PM)

I have a question...

Can TOAW III be run from USB key without modifying registry.

To explain: I have TOAW III installed at home, but I would like to be able to run it at work when in night shift. I'm allowed to sleep at work, but I find it hard, so I thought I could play TOAW. So I put it on my stick, but it can't run without registry modification. And that is something I need admin rights for which I don't have... :((

Is there any way to do this?

Panama -> RE: TOAW III portable (2/25/2010 12:11:54 AM)

Yeah. I tried that. Only way I could run it from a stick was to install it to the stick while it was plugged into the computer I was using. So unless someone knows something different I guess you are out of luck. [:(]

ralphtricky -> RE: TOAW III portable (3/1/2010 1:51:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

Yeah. I tried that. Only way I could run it from a stick was to install it to the stick while it was plugged into the computer I was using. So unless someone knows something different I guess you are out of luck. [:(]

Unfortunately that's the copy protection sytem, you have to add in a couple of registry entries, which you can't do on a locked down system. I assume that was done to make sure that the pirates couldn't simply distribute a Zip file with everything needed. It really bites but at least it's better than the online systems that the AAA titles are using.

Ralph

Panama -> RE: TOAW III portable (3/1/2010 4:07:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

Unfortunately that's the copy protection sytem, you have to add in a couple of registry entries, which you can't do on a locked down system. I assume that was done to make sure that the pirates couldn't simply distribute a Zip file with everything needed. It really bites but at least it's better than the online systems that the AAA titles are using.

Ralph

Amen to that. Steam isn't too bad but Storm Eagle Studios are like the gestapo. Talk about over kill.

Abnormalmind -> RE: TOAW III portable (3/9/2010 10:54:36 PM)

You might be able to play via a GNU/Linux boot disk with wine and TOAW loaded. Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to figure this out.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI