RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (9/23/2020 8:43:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Any wheezing geezers still out there?

Well, I am gettin' close. 71 headed for 72, but I can still walk at a march pace so I ain't dead yet! Only wheezin' I do is when the wrong plant tries to have sex in my back yard and pollinate the entire county. Other than that, I am fit as a fiddle - unless you want to play it!

Sorry, you are the wrong gender and I was not in the Navy nor the Naval infantry.

RevRick -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (9/23/2020 9:09:00 PM)

Watched Star Trek from the first program until it went off the air (the first time!) Hated that episode, but understand it a bit better now! Antique Flatulent Being.

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (9/25/2020 2:25:45 AM)

Went to the clinic today, later went to the hospital. At the clinic, the doctor had pictures taken of the inside of my foot. I should see if I can upload the X-ray pictures for Zorch to enjoy. [sm=00000622.gif]

Later I went to the Physical Therapy people for a torture session. I should torture myself twice a day. [:(]

BBfanboy -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (9/25/2020 2:38:32 AM)

quote:

Watched Star Trek from the first program until it went off the air (the first time!) Hated that episode, but understand it a bit better now! Antique Flatulent Being.

Is that the one where the solution to the problem is ...

[image]local://upfiles/35791/869B628D8E9B4EBFB928CB37021C3C54.gif[/image]

Zorch -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (9/25/2020 6:41:14 AM)

quote:

Went to the clinic today, later went to the hospital. At the clinic, the doctor had pictures taken of the inside of my foot. I should see if I can upload the X-ray pictures for Zorch to enjoy. [sm=00000622.gif]

Later I went to the Physical Therapy people for a torture session. I should torture myself twice a day. [:(]

Ahem. 'Enjoy' might not be the best word to use. [8|][8|][8|]

RevRick -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (9/25/2020 2:45:51 PM)

quote:

Went to the clinic today, later went to the hospital. At the clinic, the doctor had pictures taken of the inside of my foot. I should see if I can upload the X-ray pictures for Zorch to enjoy.

Later I went to the Physical Therapy people for a torture session. I should torture myself twice a day.

Another "Getting old is not for the young!" example! Wish the BOSS had put that in the owner's manual!
My creakiness is from catching in baseball, occasionally playing third base and nose tackle in football (and/or offensive tackle - also fun.) Mix and stir, wait 30+ years. OYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT - 'twas fun while it lasted.

The good side of that is that we are still capable of feeling those memories. The downside is there ain't no way to do them again 50 or so years later!!!

PT worked for me a couple of times when I either got stupid or ran into some unavoidable activity.. I pray it provides some relief for you..

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/18/2020 12:14:09 PM)

*growls*

btd64 -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/18/2020 12:46:03 PM)

Get off my lawn!! I can say that now that I have a lawn[:D]....GP

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/18/2020 12:57:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

Good for you. [:)]

btd64 -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/18/2020 1:01:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

It was a long time coming....GP

BBfanboy -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/18/2020 1:20:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

It was a long time coming....GP

And it's about to be covered in snow .... GRUMP!

[image]local://upfiles/35791/32E2D544388C44A4AB686705C2F11CF4.jpg[/image]

RevRick -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/18/2020 7:18:51 PM)

Not if you live in South FL. There, one has to mow the yard between Christmas and New Years'. Pretty, but aggravating! [Don't live there now, but still in the "Snow Here!" is a headline on the local news area.]

bradfordkay -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/19/2020 2:29:26 AM)

quote:

Not if you live in South FL. There, one has to mow the yard between Christmas and New Years'. Pretty, but aggravating! [Don't live there now, but still in the "Snow Here!" is a headline on the local news area.]

I remember seeing this comment some years ago (I think it was in the Atlanta paper): To all you Yankees laughing at how Southerners deal with snow: y'all need to understand that it snows down here about as often as one of your northern colleges wins the FBS national championship.

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/19/2020 1:53:06 PM)

Snow warning issued for tomorrow. Grump.

BBfanboy -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/19/2020 3:07:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

I remember seeing this comment some years ago (I think it was in the Atlanta paper): To all you Yankees laughing at how Southerners deal with snow: y'all need to understand that it snows down here about as often as one of your northern colleges wins the FBS national championship.

OTOH, we can go outside during our summers without being cooked or carrying our personal air conditioners with us. And for some reason, hurricanes never hit the middle of Canada and tornadoes are quite rare. And we don't shoot each other over bad driving habits. Every place has its charms ...

USSAmerica -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/19/2020 3:52:38 PM)

quote:

[sm=00000436.gif]

We got our pre-appraisal back last week and it's all good, so our last hurdle for building our new house is cleared. There will still be issues that arise, but they will be potential delays, not potential deal breakers. Come on, June! [8D]

Zorch -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/19/2020 3:54:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

OTOH, we can go outside during our summers without being cooked or carrying our personal air conditioners with us. And for some reason, hurricanes never hit the middle of Canada and tornadoes are quite rare. And we don't shoot each other over bad driving habits. Every place has its charms ...

Canadian weather is kind of funny (at 1:20 of the video). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2HpB5CGfLQ

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/22/2020 4:40:51 AM)

For the 31st of October 1991, Duluth, Minnesota (not Georgia) in the USA only received 36 inches of snow. Only a few inches of snow was predicted. Oh, what fun with some roads with a 30 percent grade . . .

LGKMAS -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/22/2020 10:08:30 AM)

Snow? We did have a day sometime last month when they did forecast snow and we got those funny whirling things people call snowflakes. lasted all of two hours. Well what did I expect moving to Ballarat from Melbourne. (look them up on Google!)
The local myth is that it snowed at Ballarat Airport in January. FYI, we are in the Southern hemisphere.

btd64 -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/22/2020 12:19:51 PM)

quote:

For the 31st of October 1991, Duluth, Minnesota (not Georgia) in the USA only received 36 inches of snow. Only a few inches of snow was predicted. Oh, what fun with some roads with a 30 percent grade . . .

I read this already, grump....GP

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/22/2020 2:53:32 PM)

I hate it when my computer drastically slows down for no apparent reason. Nothing shows up in the list of files running in the Task Manager but there is a lot of downloading going on.

I think that it is due to a very major virus that does not show up on any of the anti-viral software.

I think that the virus is included in Windows 10. I think that it is called Windows update. For some reason, it does not tell me that it is downloading an update.

bradfordkay -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/22/2020 3:07:45 PM)

Windows 10 is a virus.

Nomad -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/22/2020 3:10:46 PM)

What lawn I have is now covered in snow. Probably until next May. [:)]

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/22/2020 3:40:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Think of all of those people who relocated to Montana from Sunny Southern California! Think of them enjoying the winter in Montana! [:D] Think of how many friends that they will make at the body and fender shops! [X(]

Nomad -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/22/2020 4:35:57 PM)

quote:

quote:

Think of all of those people who relocated to Montana from Sunny Southern California! Think of them enjoying the winter in Montana! [:D] Think of how many friends that they will make at the body and fender shops! [X(]

I have my studded snow tires being put on today. Need to be ready for action.

Zorch -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/22/2020 11:25:10 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you like studs, more power to you. Me, I can do without piercings on my SO. [:D]

Nomad -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/23/2020 12:18:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you like studs, more power to you. Me, I can do without piercings on my SO. [:D]

I only like studs inserted in my tires, not my women.

Chickenboy -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (10/23/2020 2:46:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica
There will still be issues that arise

If you're like every other person ever that had their house built, you can take this too the bank, my friend. Patience.

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (12/5/2020 9:45:09 AM)

Grump!

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (12/5/2020 9:45:55 AM)

Got out to the car this morning, and was greeted by a flat tire.

Grump.

Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI