RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/22/2021 2:09:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Grump.

I pondered in the wrong thread.

Grump.

*stomps away grumbling*

[sm=00000116.gif][sm=00000117.gif][sm=00000280.gif][sm=00000280.gif][sm=00000280.gif][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000436.gif][sm=00000436.gif][sm=00000436.gif]

btd64 -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/22/2021 2:20:03 PM)

Grump. I have been fighting with severe asthma for the last 2 months 😪 😞. Really sucks. Grump....GP

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/22/2021 2:34:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

Grump. I have been fighting with severe asthma for the last 2 months 😪 😞. Really sucks. Grump....GP

At least you are still able to fight . . . [;)]

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/22/2021 3:52:48 PM)

quote:

Grump. I have been fighting with severe asthma for the last 2 months �� ��. Really sucks. Grump....GP

Grump.

That is saddening to hear.

I hope that you get to a good doctor soon, that can make a individualized treatment plan that will improve your situation radically.

Anything you can do with your 'living conditions' that might help?

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/22/2021 4:05:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

Grump. I have been fighting with severe asthma for the last 2 months �� ��. Really sucks. Grump....GP

Grump.

That is saddening to hear.

I hope that you get to a good doctor soon, that can make a individualized treatment plan that will improve your situation radically.

Anything you can do with your 'living conditions' that might help?

Actually, if he were to consume a litre of whiskey his asthma would not bother him. He would still have it, it just would not bother him. [;)]

BBfanboy -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/22/2021 7:07:00 PM)

quote:

Grump.

Grump.

*stomps away grumbling*

You are hereby awarded the "Most Ponderous Grump" ribbon! It doesn't come with anything useful. You can grump about that!

My grump is that you never told us what you pondered so we cannot join in grumping about it too! GRUMP!

[image]local://upfiles/35791/D6D2870A52D94B1AA07FB5B63D68C32B.jpg[/image]

rustysi -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/23/2021 12:44:32 AM)

And stay off my lawn!!![:D]

rustysi -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/23/2021 12:56:35 AM)

quote:

Just doesn't end, does it. Have you had it before? Any idea what bought this on?

btd64 -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/23/2021 1:22:28 AM)

I seem to have developed it. Went to the doctor today and I'm on steroids and antibiotics again. Grump. Let's see if I can get some sleep tonight. Grump....GP

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/23/2021 1:42:25 AM)

Asthma or is it bronchitis? Both are bad, I think that the treatment should be the same unless the bronchitis is caused by an infection.

That said, consume a litre of Jack Daniels and it may not be as much of a bother . . .

btd64 -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/23/2021 10:58:51 AM)

Grump!!!!....GP

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/23/2021 1:01:20 PM)

GRUMP!!!

If/When Alfred comes back, we should ask him to post here!

GRUMP!!!

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/23/2021 2:30:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

Grump.

Grump.

*stomps away grumbling*

You are hereby awarded the "Most Ponderous Grump" ribbon! It doesn't come with anything useful. You can grump about that!

My grump is that you never told us what you pondered so we cannot join in grumping about it too! GRUMP!

[image]local://upfiles/35791/D6D2870A52D94B1AA07FB5B63D68C32B.jpg[/image]

Grump.

I stomped of that thread to post here so I thought it obvious.

Grump.

I was obviously wrong.

Grump.

However, I am not going to apologize for being wrong. Way to grumpy for that.

Grump.

Thank you for the ribbon. I appreciate that.

Grump.

*stomps away muttering*

BBfanboy -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/23/2021 7:38:00 PM)

quote:

I seem to have developed it. Went to the doctor today and I'm on steroids and antibiotics again. Grump. Let's see if I can get some sleep tonight. Grump....GP

I had a strange (for me) episode of asthma for about six months. Had a puffer that I only needed to use about once or twice a week. Doc told me that stress can be a trigger and it was true I was under heavy stress/minor depression at that time.

I get a little bit of itchy-eye, dripping nose allergy from spring pollen and fall leaf dust (or the fungus/mites that come with it). Other than that, no issues - so it seems these things can come and go for various reasons.

RevRick -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/28/2021 1:40:07 AM)

Stress can be a trigger, Huh!?!?!?
Well, what genius figured that out?

Been dealing with this &*)*& for the last fifty years, and NO THING. The er... practicing physicians (wish they would graduate beyond practicing) haven't the foggiest blooming idea what causes it.

I KNOW, but they don't believe me. I grew up in an area in which the soil is loaded with organic material, and breeds all sorts of bullsh.. stuff that makes sinuses feel like breathing plugs and throats like flamethrower swallowers.
They finally diagnosed me with a form as Asthma about seven years ago, when I was 65. WAY TO GO, DOC! But THAT still doesn't help the sinuses!!!!! WOW!!
THE KICKER: They still don't have a medicine which can relieve this.

AIN'T NO NEED TO WONDER WHY! WHOOPEE! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
With apologies to Arlo!

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/28/2021 3:15:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

Stress can be a trigger, Huh!?!?!?
Well, what genius figured that out?

Been dealing with this &*)*& for the last fifty years, and NO THING. The er... practicing physicians (wish they would graduate beyond practicing) haven't the foggiest blooming idea what causes it.

I KNOW, but they don't believe me. I grew up in an area in which the soil is loaded with organic material, and breeds all sorts of bullsh.. stuff that makes sinuses feel like breathing plugs and throats like flamethrower swallowers.
They finally diagnosed me with a form as Asthma about seven years ago, when I was 65. WAY TO GO, DOC! But THAT still doesn't help the sinuses!!!!! WOW!!
THE KICKER: They still don't have a medicine which can relieve this.

AIN'T NO NEED TO WONDER WHY! WHOOPEE! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
With apologies to Arlo!

GRUMP!!!

They do have medicine to clear your sinuses but a home remedy is to eat a large piece of horseradish root by chewing it slowly and thoroughly before swallowing it. Saline rinses also work. So do medicines which help clear the sinuses. If you drink a litre of [sm=party-smiley-012.gif] Jack Daniels in one sitting, this congestion probably will not bother you.

The medicine [;)] is called CS Gas also known as Tear Gas. [X(]

What you probably have is allergies. [:(]

GRUMP!!!

[image]local://upfiles/52896/A694D43789384FB2828E1DEEABACE5ED.jpg[/image]

BBfanboy -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/28/2021 4:14:56 PM)

Instead of chewing tough old horseradish, I suggest getting a container of wasabi from your local grocer...

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/28/2021 8:14:33 PM)

quote:

Instead of chewing tough old horseradish, I suggest getting a container of wasabi from your local grocer...

No, you want to chew it so you get the maximum amount of that delicious fragrance into the sinuses as is possible. That is what opens them up.

Of course, a person can also lay face down on a hot water bottle or an electric hot pad, starting so the heat is past the bridge of the nose and moving your head so that the heat gets behind the ears since you also have nasal sinuses back there. Of course, the sinuses just might let a bunch of that congestion go while you are doing that. Get rid of that loosened congestion and keep working the heat back behind the ears and then do the other side.

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/29/2021 1:39:50 PM)

GRUMP!!!

It must be GLOBAL WARMING!

Imagine, at a pub in Yorkshire in England, about 60 patrons along with a band have been stuck there for three days due to a bunch of snow - 3 feet of snow! Which is almost a metre of snow!

I mean, having to drink all of that beer, ale, and other spirits there for THREE DAYS!?

GRUMP!!!

I mean, how come Al Gore assisted by Greta did not have a trusty flamethrower there to melt all of that snow to turn it into a tropical paradise!

GRUMP!!!

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/29/2021 6:06:37 PM)

Grump.

Why would anyone be stuck if it is only one metre of snow?! [&:]

Grump

btd64 -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/29/2021 6:52:10 PM)

quote:

Grump.

Grump

I agree. Grump....GP

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/30/2021 4:30:20 AM)

quote:

quote:

Grump.

Grump

I agree. Grump....GP

Because it is a public house - any excuse to extend the party, I would guess. But if they don't have the equipment to remove the snow . . .

Three to four centimeters of snow in central Texas shuts that place down!

btd64 -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/30/2021 11:43:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

Grump.

Grump

I agree. Grump....GP

Because it is a public house - any excuse to extend the party, I would guess. But if they don't have the equipment to remove the snow . . .

Depending on the temperature....GP

BBfanboy -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/30/2021 4:58:19 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Grump.

Grump

I agree. Grump....GP

I saw some pictures of the pub online- the highest in altitude in the UK, it claims. The snowfall may have been 3 feet but the drifts were over the tops of cars...GRUMP!

[image]local://upfiles/35791/9A202361EE3847A1B0B0402072FA5CBA.gif[/image]

RangerJoe -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (11/30/2021 5:17:15 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Grump.

Grump

I agree. Grump....GP

I saw some pictures of the pub online- the highest in altitude in the UK, it claims. The snowfall may have been 3 feet but the drifts were over the tops of cars...GRUMP!

[image]local://upfiles/35791/9A202361EE3847A1B0B0402072FA5CBA.gif[/image]

In Sault Saint Marie in Michigan USA, they do tend to get a little snow there. Sometimes they would have to get out of a second story window so they can shovel out a door. Think of that and then think of someone in either a trailer house or a single story building, especially if it was a little ways away from the main area of the town.

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (12/18/2021 4:11:58 PM)

Grump.

Would be fun, I think, to roll well in a game. At least once. To see how the opposite side has it.

Grump.

*stomps away grumbling*

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (1/11/2022 6:36:44 PM)

Good evening, Gentlemen. Ladies.

btd64 -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (1/11/2022 7:30:32 PM)

quote:

Good evening, Gentlemen. Ladies.

You appear to be posting in the wrong thread [:D]

Grump....GP

Orm -> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! (1/14/2022 4:25:39 PM)

Never can get anything right.

Grump.

*stomps away muttering*

Page: <<   < prev  53 54 55 56 [57]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI