Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

drillerman -> Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 9:41:42 PM)

It's funny! All these crashes people are reporting and I haven't had one, seriously not one! I bought the game literally the minute it was available last Thursday and I had had no CTD's!!
I must have the perfect machine!!!
ACER 6920 g 2.0ghz duo 2 core thingy whatever with nvidia 512mb 9500m card 4 gig ram win7 64bit.
So everyone, just buy one of these!!!!!![:D]

HsojVvad -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 9:44:22 PM)

Consider yourself lucky. Remeber not everyone has updated computers like some people here on the fourm. Don't gloat to much, you never know when you will get the big crash. It will come when you haven't saved for hours lol. [;)]

drillerman -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 9:47:55 PM)

Ok, but this machine is nearly 3 years old now!

HsojVvad -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 9:50:23 PM)

LMFAO. Oh how I wish I had your sytem. I have on similiar to you as well. I got mine last summer. It's an Acer Aspire laptop.

drillerman -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 9:57:11 PM)

Argh! What does LMFAO mean?

Also, I have to say that since upgrading to win7 64bit as soon as it came out my system has not "blue screened" or CTD once!!!!!! Really, it's true. Win 7 is 1000% more stable than vista IMO!

freeboy -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 10:01:03 PM)

lmfao
laugh my f****ng ass off

HsojVvad -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 10:01:14 PM)

LMFAO= Laughing my Beeping Arse Off.

I love win 7 now. Not so many crashes, games play faster. I think I had a "blue screen" crash once or twice though. Not shure what 'blue screen' crash is, but I never had this before, so I am guessing it was that. I just hope, that it plays good. Right now, I am having no real issues but I am still in a small empire. I will hate to see what happens after say 10 or 20 game years with 1000's of ships on the screen and all those many colonies. Espically in a 1000+ star game. I would hope my sytem can handle it.

Freeboy beat me to it. Does this mean I have been nijad?

lordxorn -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 10:06:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: drillerman

It's funny! All these crashes people are reporting and I haven't had one, seriously not one! I bought the game literally the minute it was available last Thursday and I had had no CTD's!!
I must have the perfect machine!!!
ACER 6920 g 2.0ghz duo 2 core thingy whatever with nvidia 512mb 9500m card 4 gig ram win7 64bit.
So everyone, just buy one of these!!!!!![:D]

Hey drillerman, just to ask a stupid question, have you updated to the latest patch? I found that I never crashed before the 1.02 version.

forsaken1111 -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 10:16:03 PM)

I've only had one crash myself, and this system is also pretty old.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 10:20:27 PM)

I had crashes in the release version but 1.2 had been solid so far.

Knave -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 10:21:49 PM)

I haven't had a CTD yet either. Though I haven't put a LOT of time into the game yet. Are they more frequent after a few years?

drillerman -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 10:56:14 PM)

I am using the latest patch, whatever that is?

Baleur -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/1/2010 11:08:44 PM)

I think its more about your software configuration (OS language as seen pre-1.0.2, etc) :/
I had not CTD's what so ever at launch when i had to put my OS to English (USA) to even start the game, but now when the patch came out and fixed that and i put it back to Swedish, i get CTD's after loading some savegames, but not otherwise :/

Kamonrius -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 1:51:02 AM)

I had an annoying flurry of crashes when I use the Game editor regarding Tabs and deleting systems or planets and certain zoom levels which would result in the map and game screen going blank white with a big red x ONCE since I've had this game which is about 4 fdays maybe. other than that Im fine :D I dont have the lag people talk about or crashes and Ima Proud Vista 32 bit user with a 2 year old laptop :D not state of the art then or now :D

Flaviusx -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 4:52:28 AM)

I had serious crash issues before the beta patch, but now the game runs stable for me.

Warspite3 -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 5:10:13 AM)

I have not had any crashes but when I digital downloaded it, it was already at 1.02

Gertjan -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 10:11:26 AM)

I had one crash so far. I hope it stays that way [&o]

EisenHammer -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 11:20:55 AM)

No crashes...

Gertjan -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 2:32:54 PM)

Just had my second one..

taltamir -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 6:33:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Davor

Consider yourself lucky. Remeber not everyone has updated computers like some people here on the fourm. Don't gloat to much, you never know when you will get the big crash. It will come when you haven't saved for hours lol. [;)]

out of date computers isn't the cause for crashes.

BigWolfChris -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 6:43:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Davor

It will come when you haven't saved for hours lol. [;)]

Yep, had this happen to me... just had too take break after that, couldn't motivate myself back into it

taltamir -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 7:16:06 PM)

my first crash was when i didn't save for 4.5 hours :(

BigWolfChris -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 8:09:58 PM)

Don't know about you, Taltamir, but I found it too be very demotivating.
Just need to remember too save often (which is easier said than done tbh)

taltamir -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 8:12:09 PM)

i actually haven't played the game even once since that happened (2 days ago)... i just don't have another 4.5 hours to throw away redoing all that work :(...

Also I just cannot play until there is a "upgrade all designs" button for ship design... sorry but its giving me carpal tunnel :P.

i am waiting for a few more patches before picking it up again.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 9:22:18 PM)

Well I am getting crashes again,but later on in the game.How many had played way beyond 2770 and not had crashes on a large 1000 star 20 empire game?

PDiFolco -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 10:22:30 PM)

I have CTD once per play session - like 2 hrs [:(]... With a brand new comp, everything up to date and freshly installed ! I understand there may remain some bugs, but without autosaves and not even a log to send it's a bit frustrating... mmm quite frustrating indeed !

JonathanStrange -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/2/2010 10:45:08 PM)

Just knowing that it's been an issue for some is motivation enough to save more often - but an autosave would save a lot of cursing.

RavenX -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/3/2010 12:56:17 AM)

No crashes here yet. I guess the pirated version didn't have as many bugs as the retail (Just Kidding :P , I paid for it) It does take forever to save a game though, which it shouldn't because I have a top of the line gaming rig. Why does it take so long to save the game?

taltamir -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/3/2010 1:02:29 AM)

an autosave is necessary... even if it takes a few minutes to save, doing it every 30 minutes or an hour will save you a lot of grief

DivePac88 -> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! (4/3/2010 2:14:39 AM)

I've been playing DW since the day it was released, and I have had no crashes at all. Now admittedly I do have a high-spec Laptop, but even in my latest game with a 1400-star galaxy there has been no crashes.

I must also add that I've also had no Economy crashes also, and I believe the reason is that I run everything. That means no automation what-so-ever. I learnt this from War in the Pacific, never ever lit the AI run anything, never!

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI