Just got my iPad! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

AtTheCoyoteUgly -> Just got my iPad! (4/7/2010 11:55:45 PM)

I just got my iPad and made Tetris my first app download! Has anyone else played it yet?

Lützow -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 12:56:05 AM)

Tetris? Sure, like 20 years ago. [:D]

Congrats to the iPad, it's a nice device. But I'm going to wait with a purchase, as it has less functionality than my iPhone and I wouldn't know ho to utilize it between pc and notebook. There are not even German ebooks available as yet.

Larac -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 2:46:02 AM)

Waiting on the Adam my self, but hope you enjoy.

http://www.notionink.in/

Lee

Obsolete -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 3:00:03 AM)

Lutzow... you DO REALIZE you were talking to a spam-bot right? The title of the thread should have tipped this off.

bairdlander2 -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 3:23:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AtTheCoyoteUgly

I just got my iPad and made Tetris my first app download! Has anyone else played it yet?

queer

Lützow -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 9:46:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Obsolete

Lutzow... you DO REALIZE you were talking to a spam-bot right? The title of the thread should have tipped this off.

Well, there was no link in his signature, but maybe it's Steve Jobs in disguise. [:(]

doomtrader -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 10:04:18 AM)

So you might try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko

[:D]

Phatguy -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 11:39:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Obsolete

pretty intelligent spam-bot if you ask me..Hangs out and in fantasy baseball and the Nascar threads talking shop and not shilling for crap .....

but I could be wrong...It might be a stealth spam-bot trying to lull us into a false sense of security by acting all human and sh** and then smacking us upside the head with elitist apple crap......just sayin'

GoodGuy -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 12:11:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker

but I could be wrong...

No I think you're right. Ppl should just click on a user name and check the most recent posts. I mean, come on, a new user with 4 posts, posting some crap and trying to promote some comedy website in his signature? Seems like the spam-bot just "forgot" or failed to activate the signature, but it's there :P. Intelligent version, even got an avatar (the flag). Still looks like a spam-bot, imo [:D]

Motomouse -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 2:04:06 PM)

It´s is not! an intelligent version of a spambot ;-)

At least if it tries to raise my interest in an electronic trash device to play tetris.
Come on 500 bucks to play tetris? (Even 300 is to much!)

Zakhal -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 2:43:45 PM)

Sounds like female hygiene product.

Canoerebel -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 3:33:25 PM)

I don't have an IPad, an IPod, a Blackberry, an MP-3 Player, or a cell phone.  I don't every want anything of the sort.  I will forego the tyranny of instant and perpetual availability and entertainment.

freeboy -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 3:44:03 PM)

no phone? wow..
I am holding out for the fully interactive 1-glasses.. virtual 3-d, surrond sound.. cell via bluetooth device with built in eye activated browser support and gaming
(posted 4 1 2010)[:-]

ilovestrategy -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 3:58:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zakhal

Sounds like female hygiene product.

Cannot....stop.....laughing...stomach.......hurts.......you........jerk! [:D]

That is the funniest thing I've read in a while. I'll never look at an ipad ad the same way again! [:D]

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 4:47:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AtTheCoyoteUgly

[sm=00000729.gif]

JudgeDredd -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 5:04:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I don't have an IPad, an IPod, a Blackberry, an MP-3 Player, or a cell phone.  I don't every want anything of the sort.  I will forego the tyranny of instant and perpetual availability and entertainment.

That sounds like bliss! [&o]

Barthheart -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 5:19:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I'm with you, if you need to get a hold of me phone my home and leave a message. I had to wear a pager AND a cel for 9 years for work, on call 24/7.... never again![8D]

Toby42 -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 5:42:54 PM)

I love and buy gadgets because I love them, not because I need them!!!!

freeboy -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 5:57:50 PM)

wow.. no one hit one my i-glasses? interesting.. will circular file that fro mthe humor list

V22 Osprey -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 6:15:45 PM)

I don't like the ipad....16 GB is nothing nowadays. Heck, 64 GB is nothing nowadays, especially since getting the 64 GB is nearly a grand I might as well get a laptop. Atleast I get a USB Port and a 17in Screen.

I would be all for the iPad if it used MAC OS X Snow Leopard. Instead, it's nothing more than gigantic Ipod touch, for which anything I can do on an ipad I can easily do an Iphone/Ipod, of which it's more portable.

jackx -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 7:57:06 PM)

quote:

it has less functionality than my iPhone and I wouldn't know ho to utilize it between pc and notebook

QFE.
And personally, as I don't even need one of those uberphones (yet, I'm afraid), I'd have even less need of Apple's latest overpriced electronic fashion accessoire. I also like to do my reading on paper, I spend enough time staring at a screen as it is, the last thing I'd want to do is take the stupid Eierbrett into bed with me to read a book...

(My cellphone is strictly for emergency use, it might be on all the time, but don't anyone expect me to pick up, or reply to their text message when I've decided I'm "unavailable". And it's useful as an alarm clock, now I can wake up to "No guts, no glory" wherever I go. :D)

Arctic Blast -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 9:25:48 PM)

I don't really see how the iPad is a practical tool at all so long as you can't run multiple apps on it at once. Think about it...you can't have an IM program or Skype or Thunderbird or anything else running in the background while you surf the web or type up an article or what not...what's the point?

reg113 -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 10:44:11 PM)

quote:

That's cause you said 1-glasses instead of iglasses. Kinda blows the joke...[:'(]

Crimguy -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 11:49:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

I don't really see how the iPad is a practical tool at all so long as you can't run multiple apps on it at once. Think about it...you can't have an IM program or Skype or Thunderbird or anything else running in the background while you surf the web or type up an article or what not...what's the point?
quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko

You're about 4 hours too late for that comment. Apple just announced multitasking for both the iphone and the ipad today. Ipod this summer. iPad this fall.

I have tried it and think it's going to sell like hotcakes. It has the best browsing experience I've seen. Lightning fast. too bad it doesn't have flash - I don't buy their excuses a bit. Fortunately I've seen a lot of sites going to html 5 in response though.

It is not meant to replace either a notebook or an ipod. Having owned a netbook I think the iPad is better for 80% of your everyday tasks. It won't do the remaining 20% at all though ;-D

freeboy -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/8/2010 11:56:53 PM)

I-glasses.. sorry was really trying for the I-pod iphone, i-glasses run...

DampSquib -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/9/2010 12:15:17 AM)

I found it funny...(ish)[:D]

Wow.... ipad,iphone,iskint,ibrake,icry,iregret,ipaperweight...& so on.[:D]

Fred98 -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/9/2010 12:28:50 AM)

My only criterion for an electronic device:

- Internet access

- can play wargames

I too have no mobile phone and no MP3 player and no reason to get either !

-

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/9/2010 12:36:14 AM)

The device also appears to act as an aphrodisiac of sorts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UciKe5EbjqQ

wodin -> RE: Just got my iPad! (4/9/2010 12:40:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

My only criterion for an electronic device:

- Internet access

- can play wargames

I too have no mobile phone and no MP3 player and no reason to get either !

-

Exactly the same as me....no mobile (I hate the phone anyway...half the time I don't answer the bloody thing nd that a land line)...as for an MP3 it would take me days to put my music onto one...just doesn't justify the time it would take....

I want internet...I want wargames...I want fun games with kid (will buy a WII soonish)

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI