RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Igard -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/6/2012 10:05:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ardryn

I take it the new beta patch will delay your next release for a while?

No, I'll release the next update on schedule (this week sometime). The changes for the new beta can wait for the next update. [:)]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/6/2012 10:09:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard
TJ, I'm not sure about that nuclear inhibiter thing. I don't see anything about in memory alpha, so as far as Trek canon goes, it's a fuel type.

I am sorry IGard, I was thinking of TriLithium in the Star Trek Universe...
I think Tom Clancy mentioned it as an inhibitor in Sum of all Fears.

Shame on me, I got my universes mixed up. [:'(][;)][:D]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/6/2012 10:21:12 PM)

Yes, it looks like file chances will occur for this update...

Igard -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/7/2012 12:34:21 AM)

Total conversion 1.0.2 released. This is not the picard mod. It updates game graphics, sounds and text to give the game a better Star Trek experience.

Backup your distant worlds folder and copy the contents of the zip to your Matrix Games directory.

EDIT: Link deleted. Bug fixing...

Here's a preview of one of the new resources in the galactopedia.

[image]local://upfiles/34469/2005B182F226473EB0E623CB7891909E.jpg[/image]

Igard -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/7/2012 12:39:09 AM)

Minutes after posting this update, I've found an error with the gametext file.

Seems the file has been updated with new lines for the R&D policies. I'll post a fix soon.

[image]local://upfiles/34469/D5C3BF9BF3C940E2B19B66E6EDFCDAB1.jpg[/image]

Igard -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/7/2012 1:07:16 AM)

No one saw that right?

Here's the fixed version of the conversion mod :-

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21665445/Picard+Era+Total+Conversion+V1.0.2.zip

Again, remember to backup your Distant worlds folder before unzipping the contents.

Shark7 -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/7/2012 2:19:41 PM)

Igard...

First off, finally DL'ed and tried your Picard era mod and am loving it. Playing as those sneaky Romulons... [;)]

Secondly, have you actually discovered how to edit the Galactopedia? If so it would be grand if you'd share. [:)]

And looks like we got some more of the design and research optimizations we were wanting, so guess I'll grab the update.

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/7/2012 5:00:30 PM)

Thank you IGARD!

DasTactic -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/7/2012 7:06:07 PM)

Nice work Igard.

I found a couple of bugs...

First of all when Kators are attacking the KEY NOT FOUND bug appears in the warning message.

Secondly, the resources added have a black background but the game makes #15151C transparent. If you have these in layers then it would be an easy fix. If not and you use Photoshop you could apply a curves filter. I made one to test and it worked fine. Settings I used were Red Channel: 21, 0 and 68, 64; Green Channel: 21,0 and 68,64; and Blue Channel: 28, 0 and 68, 64 if that helps. :)

Here is a link to the corrected images:

Reworked Resources

Igard -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/7/2012 9:38:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Igard...

First off, finally DL'ed and tried your Picard era mod and am loving it. Playing as those sneaky Romulons... [;)]

Secondly, have you actually discovered how to edit the Galactopedia? If so it would be grand if you'd share. [:)]

So you start by calling my people sneaky and then expect me to share my secret? Hmmm?[:D]

Actually, Shark I think I posted this a while ago. You need to use MS Word to edit. I don't know of any other way.

@Das123, thankyou kindly for fixing those images, they look great. I must have deleted something from the gametext file to cause that Kaltor error.

It's fixed now. Here's the new gametext.txt :-

Sabre21 -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/8/2012 12:08:42 AM)

I've loaded up the latest version of your Star Trek mod and have a couple comments pertaining to the resources that gives a bonus to a given race. I would think Blood Wine would be a Klingon favorite rather than Romulan ale. Also the Ferengi you would think would idolize latinum and the Ketrocite for the Dominion would be key. There are probably a few more but these are the ones I noticed right off.

Oh yea..Kanar for the Cardassians.

Igard -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/8/2012 1:56:55 AM)

That's because I haven't done the resource bonuses yet Sabre. Had to put the resources in first, then do the bonuses for them. Since they're part of 2 seperate mods (The Picard and the Total Conversion), they are only half done so to speak. [:)]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/8/2012 3:56:40 PM)

Denebian Slime Devil Excretians...

I can just see the diplomatic message on the empire board now...
The Klingons are angry because you will not trade valuable Denebian Slime Devil Excretians with them... [:D][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000280.gif][sm=00000117.gif]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/8/2012 5:10:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

The Klingons are angry because you will not trade valuable Denebian Slime Devil Excretians with them... [:D][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000280.gif][sm=00000117.gif]

That's just wrong on so many levels TJ....portraying the Klingons like that! [:-] [:D]
(Beware of Klingons holding Batlefs near you!)

[image]local://upfiles/35889/07BC64A11C524601BD7E522B0915B5CB.jpg[/image]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/8/2012 7:29:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
quote:

That's just wrong on so many levels TJ....portraying the Klingons like that! [:-] [:D]
(Beware of Klingons holding Batlefs near you!)

[image]local://upfiles/35269/95B9EC8FCBA04E40B0B168E80C0B785E.jpg[/image]

To misquote Sean Connery: [;)][:D]
Stupid Klingons taking metallic weapons to a lightsaber fight...

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/9/2012 1:10:19 AM)

Well TJ, they say that Klingons AREN'T the brightest light in the room you know! [&:]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/9/2012 3:14:24 AM)

Well ehsumrell1... Jedi > Klingons > Stormtroopers...
Laugh... [:)][;)]

Shark7 -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/9/2012 5:59:20 PM)

quote:

Well ehsumrell1... Jedi > Klingons > Stormtroopers...
Laugh... [:)][;)]

True, but then again when it comes to Stormtroopers, don't worry, we'll clone more. [;)]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/12/2012 7:04:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
Well TJ, they say that Klingons AREN'T the brightest light in the room you know! [&:]

[image]local://upfiles/35269/FB979892C3C14960859882942C656EF7.jpg[/image]

I think ehsumrell1 just evened the odds a little bit...[:D][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000280.gif][:'(]

Igard -> RE: [Release!!] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/12/2012 10:21:56 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ardryn

I take it the new beta patch will delay your next release for a while?

No, I'll release the next update on schedule (this week sometime). The changes for the new beta can wait for the next update. [:)]

Actually, I think Ardryn you were correct. I've done quite alot of messing about this week on this. I made some design policies for all the main races. It will be interesting to see what you all make of them.

I've also been doing more testing with the Borg ships. Since we have design policies and custom designs now, I can make these ships even bigger.

Unfortunately, they're still not nearly big enough. The Cube is almost as big as a Galaxy class now, but they're completely dwarfed by some of the Gorn ships.

Elliot (if you're reading this), we need a little modifier for tweaking a ship's image size. The ship scale factor is useful, but another modifier for the actual image would be so helpful here. [:)]

Anyway, v0.9.2 will be up in moments. [8D]

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/12/2012 10:46:50 PM)

0.9.2 - http://www.gamefront.com/files/21691516/Star+Trek+Picard+Era+v0.9.2.zip

Happy trekking. [:)]

Sabre21 -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/12/2012 11:44:34 PM)

quote:

0.9.2 - http://www.gamefront.com/files/21691516/Star+Trek+Picard+Era+v0.9.2.zip

Happy trekking. [:)]

Is there a list of changes from this to the previous version?

I do have another general question though..is there a limit to the number of large space ports you can have? I was running into instances where a new colony could not build one even though I had plenty of money.

Oh I want to also ask what the difference is between the total conversion and this one? I was running the total conversion previously.

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/13/2012 12:04:52 AM)

Hi Sabre,

There is a list of updates on the front page here:-

Updates for 0.9.2 :-

Completed Tamarian dialogue
Completed resource bonuses
Completed victory conditions
Fixed text for system Epsilon Bootis
Fixed the Dominion having too many governors at start
Slightly tweaked Dominion income bonus (may require more)
Completed ship design policies for 10 of the races

There shouldn't be a limit on the number of large spaceports. I haven't ran into that myself. Couldn't be that you've ran out of resources could it? Large spaceports do require alot and not just money.

I should really clarify that a bit better.

The Total conversion mod is optional. It changes the game's files such as sounds, images and text. You should backup your original files before installing this. It's not a requirement of the mod, but it does give an extra 'Trek' feel.

The Picard Era is the main mod. It contains the files that are placed in the customization folder. It does not replace any of the main game's files, so no backup is necessary. The contents of the Picard era are the Star Trek races, character data and the images for the shipsets and characters.

For more detail, read the summaries on the 1st post of this thread. [:)]

Sabre21 -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (5/13/2012 1:41:41 AM)

Thanks

HectorOfTroy -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/20/2012 11:38:43 AM)

I'm having trouble with the Picard era mod and St total conversion.

Game starts, ST music plays and when I want to choose a race to play with, the names are still DW (human, securan, etc) but pictures are of ST characters.

When I start the actual gameplay the shipsets are still DW ones.

I have other mods installed and have been playing them as intended. I followed Igard's instructions. I'm confused, must be something really simple :).

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/20/2012 7:19:14 PM)

Hector, it sounds like it hasn't installed in the correct place.

The mod goes in the customization folder and should not overwrite any files. It must also be activated by going to change theme in the main menu and selecting the Picard Era mod.

The total conversion mod will replace game files. It overwrites the gametext.txt file as well as some sound files several images for ui, units and environments.

If you've overwritten the base game's files, such as race images, then you'd get the effect you describes with DW names, but Star Trek images.

I'll go try to re-write the instructions on the first post to try and simplify things, but the Total Conversion mod is quite confusing I know.

HectorOfTroy -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/21/2012 1:58:32 PM)

Thanks Igard. I don't know, it's weird. I have no problems with BSG mod by Haree. I installed it in Custom folder (same as your mode) and it plays fine.

Would the patch version have to do anything with it?

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/21/2012 2:27:45 PM)

That could well be it Hector. Have you patched the game? I believe the initial out the box Legends only allows for 22 races in a mod. The Picard era has 23.

Patch 1.7.0.1 (that sounds familiar) extended the races from 22 to 50, so any version beyond that will be required to play this mod.

I'd recommend downloading the latest beta patch 17.0.16. It runs pretty well for me. Hope that helps. [:)]

HectorOfTroy -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/22/2012 2:26:58 AM)

Igard, my version is the latest one, but still it's not working. It's someting on my end since BSG mod is not working either. Both mods were installed as you guys instructed.

I get ST music in the main menu, but when I choose races or start playing the game, I get DW races and ships but ST music playing. Weird.

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/22/2012 5:45:26 AM)

You might have to reinstall the game Hector. You've ran mods before so maybe there's just a file that you've moved by accident at some point.

Hopefully it will work after a fresh install. I can't think of any other solution I'm afraid.

Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI