RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/25/2012 8:36:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HectorOfTroy

Igard, my version is the latest one, but still it's not working. It's someting on my end since BSG mod is not working either. Both mods were installed as you guys instructed.

I get ST music in the main menu, but when I choose races or start playing the game, I get DW races and ships but ST music playing. Weird.

I had the same problem. Putting the main folder that says 0.9.2 in does not work. Click in that main folder and then put then next folder in that just says Picard Era.

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/25/2012 8:47:41 PM)

That's correct Tanaka, the file path should read '\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\Customization\Star Trek Picard Era'.

However, if you put it in, 'C:\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\Customization\Star Trek Picard Era v0.9.2\Star Trek Picard Era', the mod will not work at all since the file structure is all wrong. This doesn't explain how Hector was getting Star Trek music and graphics.

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/26/2012 12:48:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

That's correct Tanaka, the file path should read '\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\Customization\Star Trek Picard Era'.

However, if you put it in, 'C:\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\Customization\Star Trek Picard Era v0.9.2\Star Trek Picard Era', the mod will not work at all since the file structure is all wrong. This doesn't explain how Hector was getting Star Trek music and graphics.

Gotcha well thought it might help! Thanks for a great mod by the way awesome work! Makes the game even more fun to play!

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/26/2012 3:02:31 AM)

Optional Total Conversion Summary

Gametext file - Minor alterations made. Hyper has been replaced with Warp
---------------------

Hmmm I am not seeing this in my game is this in the design screen I still see hyper? Just want to make sure I got it working right...

Edit: Oh I see still says hyperdrive but warpdrive under it

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/26/2012 8:47:22 AM)

Does retrofitting not work in this mod? I no longer get the suggestion to retrofit?

HectorOfTroy -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/26/2012 9:42:23 AM)

Thanks guys. The Picard mod is working as intended. I just went a bit silly and installed old ROTS Igard's mod, cause I had all these mods in my folder and when I was doing it I was tired after a 12hr shift at work. Hence, I wasn't paying attention to which ST mod I installed.

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/26/2012 3:18:13 PM)

That's great Hector, I know only too well what those long shifts can do to the mind! [:)]

quote:

Does retrofitting not work in this mod? I no longer get the suggestion to retrofit?

Tanaka, it should be working just fine. Check the retrofit/manual setting in the design screen.

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/26/2012 8:15:38 PM)

quote:

That's great Hector, I know only too well what those long shifts can do to the mind! [:)]

quote:

Tanaka, it should be working just fine. Check the retrofit/manual setting in the design screen.

I have most set to automatic I assume is that the problem?

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/26/2012 10:06:08 PM)

It think it should be working then. I'll have to test this when I've got the time. It's not a feature that I use myself.

I can't think of any reason that the mod would interfere with retrofitting unless it has something to do with the difference in ship sizes.

Can anyone else confirm that retrofitting isn't working for them?

Tanaka, are you gettting the pop-up message asking for the retrofit, or is it that the ships aren't retrofitting when you click approve?

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/27/2012 12:21:49 AM)

quote:

It think it should be working then. I'll have to test this when I've got the time. It's not a feature that I use myself.

I can't think of any reason that the mod would interfere with retrofitting unless it has something to do with the difference in ship sizes.

Can anyone else confirm that retrofitting isn't working for them?

Tanaka, are you gettting the pop-up message asking for the retrofit, or is it that the ships aren't retrofitting when you click approve?

I'm just not getting the pop up request and I am assuming it might be because I have most ships set to auto retrofit...

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/27/2012 3:55:58 AM)

I'll have to test it sometime, I'm not sure. I know it was working for me last time I played, but I always decline the auto-retrofit.

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/27/2012 5:20:23 AM)

quote:

I'll have to test it sometime, I'm not sure. I know it was working for me last time I played, but I always decline the auto-retrofit.

Thanks Igard,

Also these ship and base designs are huge! How do you ever fill them up to capacity it takes forever and I am only on the first level! You can keep clicking forever? Size 3000??? [&:] What am I missing how does this work?

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/27/2012 7:45:28 AM)

quote:

Well one finally popped up so looks like its working...

I did find one bug when attacked by a giant kaltor the text says KEY NOT FOUND?

oogs -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/27/2012 7:20:40 PM)

Hi!

Just wanted to say that after watching a "Let's Play" w/ your mod, I bought the game. Thanks for the awesome mod. It's BotF on steroids.

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/27/2012 10:30:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Thanks Igard,

Also these ship and base designs are huge! How do you ever fill them up to capacity it takes forever and I am only on the first level! You can keep clicking forever? Size 3000??? [&:] What am I missing how does this work?

The ship sizes are increased in this mod, but you shouldn't be able to build ships of that size so early in the game.

You can design them of course just like any other Distant Worlds game, but you won't be able to build them.

quote:

This is a problem with the gametext.txt file. The devs keep updating it(which is a very good thing) but that means I have to constantly update the mod (which is kind of a slow process for such a small piece of text).

I'll need to test the mod with the latest patch 1.7.0.16 (I assume that's what you're using).

quote:

Hi!

Just wanted to say that after watching a "Let's Play" w/ your mod, I bought the game. Thanks for the awesome mod. It's BotF on steroids.

Welcome to the forums, oogs! I really wanted this mod to feel like BotF, so that is indeed very nice to hear. [:)]

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/27/2012 11:32:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

OK, I've looked at the latest patch's gametext file and there were no changes, but it seems that installing the new patch after you have installed the Picard Total Conversion mod will result in the gametext.txt file being overwritten. This is because there were changes to the file since the last official patch many moons ago.

So to fix this, you can simply download the attached file and place it in your Distant Worlds folder. Backup the existing file if you want to use it again. Select 'yes' to overwrite the existing file.

Or, if you already have the Total Conversion mod downloaded, you can use the gametext.txt file from that. There are no differences.

**EDIT: ATTACHMENT DELETED AS IT WAS ERRONEOUS**

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/28/2012 1:24:49 AM)

quote:

quote:

Thanks Igard,

The ship sizes are increased in this mod, but you shouldn't be able to build ships of that size so early in the game.

You can design them of course just like any other Distant Worlds game, but you won't be able to build them.

quote:

This is a problem with the gametext.txt file. The devs keep updating it(which is a very good thing) but that means I have to constantly update the mod (which is kind of a slow process for such a small piece of text).

I'll need to test the mod with the latest patch 1.7.0.16 (I assume that's what you're using).

quote:

Hi!

Welcome to the forums, oogs! I really wanted this mod to feel like BotF, so that is indeed very nice to hear. [:)]

The ships are not too bad its really just the bases I am talking about. I could click forever to fill them up. Yep I am using the new patch. I love the mod by the way its awesome just trying to figure everything out [:)]

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/28/2012 10:16:43 PM)

Glad to hear Tanaka. [:)]

Ah yes the bases are indeed huge! There is a great deal to figure out. Take your time and enjoy it. Took me weeks of gameplay before I figured out how to play, or at least how I like to play.

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (8/30/2012 7:09:29 PM)

Everyone has their own methods... :)

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/1/2012 8:37:47 AM)

quote:

Glad to hear Tanaka. [:)]

Ah yes the bases are indeed huge! There is a great deal to figure out. Take your time and enjoy it. Took me weeks of gameplay before I figured out how to play, or at least how I like to play.

Hi Igard have you been able to build resort bases in this mod? So far they are not buildable for me and I cannot figure out why?

Darkspire -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/1/2012 5:27:38 PM)

Thanks Igard, ive been off a while as had to put the PC in for a refit ... as im the only engineer it took a while [:D]

This has really got me back into DW, my new improved other half gives a hearty salute as well, she loves all things Trek.

Had to replace the message_Standard.wav with a ST red alert though, had to be done [:D]

Thanks again for your work on this [&o]

Darkspire

PS If you ever need someone to help with sound files (file size reduction, no loss of quality or file type conversions etc) PM me and il help any way I can.

PPS (Undocumented Feature) Keep getting a KEY NOT FOUND when I attack Giant Kaltors

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/1/2012 7:32:30 PM)

quote:

Hi Igard have you been able to build resort bases in this mod? So far they are not buildable for me and I cannot figure out why?

Yeah, they should work as normal. Have you tried with different races? Even the races that aren't supposed to engage in tourism can build resort bases, so there should be no race that can't build them.

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/1/2012 7:40:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

PPS (Undocumented Feature) Keep getting a KEY NOT FOUND when I attack Giant Kaltors

This sounds like the same issue that Tanaka reported when using the Total conversion mod. Each time you install a new game patch it overwrites the gametext.txt file (this is located in the main Distant Worlds game folder).

You can re-install the gametext.txt file from the Total Conversion mod, for convenience here it is :-

**EDIT: LINK REMOVED AS IT WAS ERRONEOUS**

This is exactly the same file that is included in the mod.

quote:

If you ever need someone to help with sound files (file size reduction, no loss of quality or file type conversions etc) PM me and il help any way I can.

Thanks, I'm able to do basic stuff with sound files, but it can be time consuming. [:)] I used the red-alert sound also to begin with, until it started driving me crazy as it's probably the most frequent event in the game! I decided to opt for something more subtle.[:D]

Darkspire -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/1/2012 8:29:40 PM)

Hi Igard.
I had a 'clean' install in the order of DW, ROTS and L, I patched with the auto updater, put your mod in, backed up the files then I put the 'Picard Era Total Conversion V1.0.2' in from the first page of this post, the gametext.txt file was from that, it overwrote (is that a word??) the original DW one, no patches have been put over it.
Do I just copy and paste from your link into the gametext.txt file?
The red alert I use I edited so its not so 'violent' [;)]

Red Alert

Thanks

Darkspire

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/1/2012 11:48:26 PM)

Actually Darkspire, disregard what I said about the 'KEY NOT FOUND' bug. Not sure what I was talking about there.[sm=00000117.gif]

I'll have to look into that.

Sorry I linked to the file like that, I meant for it to open a download link for the txt file. You can find the file attached in this thread on post #646 just a few posts above.

If this doesn't work, could you possibly get me a screenshot?

That red alert sound is very crisp and clear. However it would still grate on me when I reach mid-game and have to listen to it every 10 seconds. [:D]

Darkspire -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/2/2012 1:00:16 AM)

quote:

OK, I've looked at the latest patch's gametext file and there were no changes, but it seems that installing the new patch after you have installed the Picard Total Conversion mod will result in the gametext.txt file being overwritten. This is because there were changes to the file since the last official patch many moons ago.

So to fix this, you can simply download the attached file and place it in your Distant Worlds folder. Backup the existing file if you want to use it again. Select 'yes' to overwrite the existing file.

Or, if you already have the Total Conversion mod downloaded, you can use the gametext.txt file from that. There are no differences.

Thats what I didn't do [;)]
But heres what I did do (In order)

A.The game was patched to 1.7.0.16
B.Installed Star Trek - The Picard Era mod
C.Installed the Picard Era Total Conversion V1.0.2 (DW original gametext.txt was copied over with the gametext.txt from that zip)

Im sorry I didnt see post #646, unless im bored I never really look at the previous posts as some are moons old [:D]
It looks like a problem with the gametext.txt file then? Not a gamebreaker but hope that pointing it out will help you to fix the mod.

As for the red alert, I rarely go above normal speed so it doesnt go off to often, even later on for me, I cut it down to just one near full volume klaxxon(?) and a second one at half volume to fade so that it would 'nest' better with the other sounds.

Thanks

Darkspire

Ive compared the text file from #646 with the one from the total conversion zip and heres what differs:
(the one in desktop is the one from #646 and the other is in the DW game folder, from the total conversion zip)

Compare: (<)C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Customization\gametext.txt (336835 bytes)
with: (>)C:\Program Files\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\GameText.txt (336841 bytes)

227c227
< Giant Kaltor ;Giant Kaltor
---
> Giant Kalto ;Giant Kaltor
3567,3573c3567,3573
< Wonder Holographic Network ;Holosuite Network
< Wonder Traders Bazaar ;Traders Bazaar
< Wonder Advanced Medicomplex ;Advanced Medicomplex
< Wonder Holographic Universe ;Holosuite Universe
< Wonder Medical Academy ;Koloros Medical Academy
< Wonder Energy Engineering Center ;Danuta Engineering Center
< Wonder HighTech Installation ;Daystrom Research Institute
---
> Wonder Holographic Network ;Holographic Network
> Wonder Traders Bazaar ;Traders Bazaar
> Wonder Advanced Medicomplex ;Advanced Medicomplex
> Wonder Holographic Universe ;Holographic Universe
> Wonder Medical Academy ;Koloros Medical Academy
> Wonder Energy Engineering Center ;Danuta Engineering Center
> Wonder HighTech Installation ;Rusan Technology Installation
4637c4637
< DesignComponentEnsureFullSpeedHyperdriveFromReactorsStateShips ;Ensure enough Reactor power output for full Warpdrive speed on all state-owned ships
---
> DesignComponentEnsureFullSpeedHyperdriveFromReactorsStateShips ;Ensure enough Reactor power output for full Hyperdrive speed on all state-owned ships

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/2/2012 5:11:29 AM)

Thanks very much for the report Darkspire.

This is very strange as I remember there was a typo 'Giant Kalto' instead of 'Giant Kaltor'. However I fixed it ages ago. I must have inadvertently changed it back to an older version with this typo present. [sm=00000007.gif]

I remember changing that last 'Hyperdrive' to 'warpdrive' though.

I've deleted the links to those files.

Darkspire -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/2/2012 8:10:48 AM)

Just been looking at that file, gametext.txt, that really is a monster [X(] Only looking as yours is IMO the best set of mods on here ive found in the last year or so (even though they havent got the Borg in [:'(]) and the best way to learn is to reverse engineer [:D]

Glad I could help though [:)]

Darkspire

Igard -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/2/2012 5:06:47 PM)

Thanks for the kind words! [:)]

Don't get me started on the Borg! LOL! I tried again recently to creat some massive Cubes in the game, but still it didn't work. Just time spent when I could be working on the Kirk era!

Sorry, but I can't play with tiny oxo cube borg ships.

IMO, Elliot should either reconsider the ship scaling technique he uses (calculating the display size based on the transparent to opaque pixel ratio), or he should implement a display factor modification for the races text files. That would give us the ability to create a race with ships that look massive, or ships that look small. Even if the design sizes are still the same.

Tanaka -> RE: [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (9/2/2012 7:16:19 PM)

quote:

quote:

Yeah, they should work as normal. Have you tried with different races? Even the races that aren't supposed to engage in tourism can build resort bases, so there should be no race that can't build them.

Hmmm I cant figure it out. When I click on the scenery spot it says I cannot build my resort base design. Ive only played as Klingons. Maybe send you a save?

Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI