RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (8/18/2010 9:33:08 PM)

Excellent Igard! Thank you very much.... for the thousands of hours of lost sleep I'm about
to endure due to your dedicated work! [:D] Oh well....off to the dilithium mines!
Honestly though, great work!

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (8/20/2010 5:18:14 AM)

Thanks again Igard! Check your email, I've uploaded you 2 winzip files. One contains my
entire png collection of race portraits (hope you can use them, some I feel are better suited
for your mod at present), the other has a few troop pics....some race specific. According
to what I read in the customization guide, the size doesn't matter for the troop photos.
But I've set all of them to 200 x 200 for convenience. Hope they can be used.

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (8/20/2010 1:13:01 PM)

Thanks for the email ehsumrell, some good pics there.[;)]

NefariousKoel -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (10/7/2010 12:40:20 PM)

Good stuff.

Is this project still going or is it on hold for the moment?

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (10/7/2010 1:55:53 PM)

Welcome to DW, NK.

It's on hold for the moment since there is very little else to do until the expansion is released (another couple of months as we are led to believe).

For now, I'm working on an Archer era mod. After that, it'll be an early Kirk era mod. And so on.

Hopefully one day we'll have several Star Trek eras and we can put them all together and play through an ever evolving Star Trek universe, but that's just a fantasy for now.

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/16/2010 4:10:31 AM)

Reman Preview

After the death of Praetor Shizon, it seems that the Reman were permitted to leave Remus and settle there own colony. Some expanded universe literature has them colonising an uninhabited Klingon world under the protection of the Klingon defense force. Some sources say they settled on a Romulan world given to them by Emporess Donatra.

Either way, the Reman are a strong race, but you should never play them with anything but a starting size empire making them slightly vulnerable in the early stages of the game.

[image]local://upfiles/34469/E9E0A51419B44EE582D7D7839C42654F.jpg[/image]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/16/2010 5:14:53 AM)

Igard.....

I have no words..... [&o]

The Viceroy is speechless also....but grateful! [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/35889/7254CB937D63476F8B322FE091B4A504.jpg[/image]

NefariousKoel -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/17/2010 10:29:08 PM)

I read the modding possibilities got a boost with the expansion. In what ways will that affect your further improvements on these great mods? [:)]

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/17/2010 10:58:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

I read the modding possibilities got a boost with the expansion. In what ways will that affect your further improvements on these great mods? [:)]

It's looking much better for modding. We can now :-

• Add up to 22 shipsets
  • Assign a special government to a race
  • Assign 2 tech focuses to each race
  • Set each race as a pirate or not
  • Set each race to expand normal or to be an 'isolationist'
  • Set a race as playable or not.
  • Increase the number of races as much as we like

There should be a patch soon with even more mod support. We should be able to set racial bias, so that the Klingons won't start off being friends with everyone. Plus some more that I can't remember right now.

Suffice to say it's going to be alot of work to update all this stuff, but it'll be worth it. [:)]

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/17/2010 11:01:43 PM)

I am some kind of excited. Races.
Shipsets...

There is lots of stuff to update.

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/19/2010 11:12:06 PM)

Here's an example for anyone wondering where the borg are at?

Elliot just explained to me on the tech support forum that the game calculates the number of non-transparent pixels and scales the ships accordingly. This is necessary for building the ships at the correct sizes.

So it's by design. Until we get some kind of new mod feature for making certain ships larger, does anyone really want the Borg to look like this? :-

The Borg Cube is a cruiser, size: 298

[image]local://upfiles/34469/9991AE170E5445F9916BF7234C8736C9.jpg[/image]

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/19/2010 11:31:39 PM)

Here's the same cube, size:298, sitting next to a Mechanoid frigate, size:150.

[image]local://upfiles/34469/04BC8DABC32B4834BC4CCCCA657E4BE8.jpg[/image]

wozza -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/20/2010 10:07:17 AM)

Hey Igard i love your TRSE mod. I feel right at home playing this.

I do have one request from a person who is visually impaired. Is it possible to make the ships bigger. This is from normal magnification level.

Haree78 -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/20/2010 10:10:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wozza

I do have one request from a person who is visually impaired. Is it possible to make the ships bigger. This is from normal magnification level.

There is pretty much zero ways to adjust the size the game will represent the ships in game. Even if you scale them down in the image the game counts the amount of transparent pixels and scales based on that so it will be just as big just less detailed.

wozza -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/20/2010 10:23:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haree78

quote:

There is pretty much zero ways to adjust the size the game will represent the ships in game. Even if you scale them down in the image the game counts the amount of transparent pixels and scales based on that so it will be just as big just less detailed.

Oh well i thought i would ask if it could be done.

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/20/2010 10:50:07 AM)

I dont' think Elliot can change the way the game scales the ships either. I think it has something to do with the game properly building ships to the correct scale when you change their design.

I've made a request on the modders wishlist for a parameter to be added to the races.txt file. That way I could make the Borg with large ships and the Tholians with small ships.

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/20/2010 8:51:07 PM)

quote:

Thank you, wozza. I'm currently trying to figure out why the Borg ships I'm working on all scale so small, if I can figure this out, then I might start making ships bigger. Only really the Tholians that have small ships and some Romulans.

Unfortunately, I'm not having much success.

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/20/2010 10:53:59 PM)

I do not think I have ever seen one of your Borg before.
That really looks good.

The Starbase in the picture above it looks a little like that Pirate base from Empire at War. That looks sharp too.

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/20/2010 11:16:44 PM)

tj, you continue to impress me with your observations. That starbase is indeed from Empire at War, I thought it was perfect for the Breen. I think I did some re-colouring too.

The Cube's textures are fine. Would anyone really want a  Borg cube of that size though?

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/21/2010 4:08:34 AM)

I have sort of suspended my disbelief as far as size is concerned... that Nebulan Frigate and the Corellian ships (any thing long and narrow) continues to look enormous...

A borg cube just looks intimidating regardless of the size.

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/22/2010 5:32:07 AM)

Ah... cool, I wanted that base. Thank you Igard.

wozza -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/25/2010 1:00:50 AM)

Hey Igard when do you think you will released TRSE. Or are you waiting for the patch before doing the relase.

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/25/2010 1:30:35 AM)

Hi, wozza. Just a bit busy really with work and christmas shopping. I haven't even got round to using the beta patch yet.

I'm free now though so proabably within the next few days. [:)]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/26/2010 6:22:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

Hi, wozza. Just a bit busy really with work and christmas shopping. I haven't even got round to using the beta patch yet.

I'm free now though so proabably within the next few days. [:)]

Happy Holidays Igard...
Let me know if you need any assistance or have questions concerning your TRSE mod. As
you know, I've been testing the theme portions of the expansion with your mod. I have
pretty much studied how to adapt the files accordingly and the theme is working very
well. So let me know either through email or here. Jo-lan-tru Igard! [:)]

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/26/2010 7:42:52 PM)

Do they already have a beta mod out for DW:RotS?

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/26/2010 8:41:35 PM)

Hi,Tj. It's the beta patch which includes mod support for a new race bias system. I haven't tried it yet. It's also supposed to improve system performance and some fix some bugs :-

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2663554

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/26/2010 8:45:38 PM)

Thanks, Igard. [8D]

While I got you... what utility do you use to manipulate the SFC files from

http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks

I just want the Klingon tug... if not, I will have to create a tug myself.

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/26/2010 8:46:30 PM)

Oh, and HOT DIGGITY for the racial bias... :)

I do not think the Hutts and the Jedi are gonna be best friends any more. [:D]
And I do not think the CIS and the Republic are gonna tag team to kick me any more... [;)]

[&o]

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/26/2010 9:05:08 PM)

It's  a pretty basic little model viewer by the SFC creators, Taldren. Download here :- http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/Taldren_Model_Viewer;9551

Just rotate the model until it's nice and straight then take a screenshot ctrl+alt+prt scr. Paste the image into your favourite image manipulation program. I use GIMP. [:)]

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4a (12/26/2010 9:10:45 PM)

Thank you, Igard. [8D]

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI