RE: DaBigBabes Release (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Don Bowen -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (7/11/2011 12:38:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

I have a perl script that creates a "difference" file listing differences between two scenarios. If anyone gives me pointers to the two sceanrios, I can generate a difference file for the two.

Andrew

Would love to see the diff for the new DaBabes 28 vs the previous one. Would it be possible to post it?

Andrew Brown -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (7/11/2011 1:50:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen
Would love to see the diff for the new DaBabes 28 vs the previous one. Would it be possible to post it?

Sure. I just need to go get the latest Da Babes. Hopefully tomorrow...

Andrew

Buck Beach -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (7/11/2011 2:36:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Sure. I just need to go get the latest Da Babes. Hopefully tomorrow...

Andrew

Wow, this would be great.

Buck

herwin -> Scen 30 Bug (7/16/2011 1:03:13 AM)

The Helena is short a floatplane group.

cantona2 -> RE: Scen 30 Bug (8/13/2011 12:36:37 PM)

About to start a DBB PBEM and would like to know if there is a scen readme or list of changes. Thanks

JWE -> RE: Scen 30 Bug (8/13/2011 1:48:38 PM)

Nothing formal, sorry. but here's kind of a synopsis of the high points.

Modified Device data for better AAA/flak performance.
Added Alternate Device data for even better AAA/flak performance.
Modified Device data for smoother Naval combat performance.
Modified DC ship platform definitions for better ASW performance.
Modified DC Device definitions for better ASW performance.
Modified sub depth definitions for better ASW performance.
30% reduction in amount of Aviation Support squads (both sides).
30% reduction in amount of Naval Support squads (both sides).
30% reduction in number of "Base Force" LCUs (both sides).
Reduction in number and capability of "Engineering" squad types (both sides).
Extensive use of "Shore Party/Stevedore" squad types (both sides).
Tweaked map in Philippines to add Subic Bay and put Clark Field inland.
Tweaked map in Malaya to support barge TF movement along West coast.
LCUs redone to make troop content closer to actual, for island stacking limits (both sides).

Some of these things depend on special hooks in the program that stock scenarios were not set up to use.

cantona2 -> RE: Scen 30 Bug (8/13/2011 1:57:57 PM)

Thanks Joe. Going to try out Scen 28B with latest Beta!

cantona2 -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 5:26:16 PM)

Just to check if I have the correct map and pwhexe installed

Screenie of Malya and Luzon

[image]local://upfiles/25083/741B2F87B18847DCBD3538CF0CACE84E.jpg[/image]

JWE -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 5:52:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2
Just to check if I have the correct map and pwhexe installed

Screenie of Malya and Luzon

That looks like the right map. Hopefully you downloaded the Map_Art and pwhexe from the website and installed them in the Art and main folders? Babes Scen0028-B should have Subic Bay base in the hex just to the left of Clark and a couple dinky bases NW of Singers in Malaya.

You will know if you have the right pwhexe installed if you hit 'R' (or whatever the hotkey is that shows roads) and see a trail from Subic Bay, over to Clark Field.

Ciao. John

Ol_Dog -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 6:01:02 PM)

That does not look like my map -

cantona2 -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 6:13:36 PM)

its not. ive tried to access el oso's wif  andy map panels but the site is down

i have the art from the main DBB site but i cannot see the map panels for andy's WIF map

JWE -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 6:20:58 PM)

DaBabes uses the map_art from the Babes site. I think some other mods use it too. But don't think AndyMac does. Babes scenarios are not compatible with AndyMac's map

I'm sorry, misread your post. You're asking about Andrew Brown's WIF map graphics?? I honestly don't know if they are compatible. Andrew sent me his files and I'm in the middle of comparing them. I wouldn't worry too much, though. If they fit the Babes pwhexe, I'll let you know, and it's a simple substitution into the ART folder. Will NOT affect a game, even a PBEM game. One thing you will need to keep constant is the Babes pwhexe file. Any difference between that and Andrew's will definitely affect a game, and in unknown ways.

cantona2 -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 6:25:23 PM)

I mean the panels el oso made using DBB Map but in the WIF Style map. The WIF style map is just stock map but with a WIF hex style only on land and coastal hexes

The ones in post #126

JWE -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 6:38:32 PM)

Jeez, misread your post again !! OSO's map graphics fit Babes. We checked that out together back when the tweak was first done. I should have mirrored OSO's WIF versions on the Babes site. Oh well. Yeah, OSO's graphics are good to go.

cantona2 -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 6:41:11 PM)

Yep I know Joe but the links to them are dead :(

I now have 95% WIF Map and two panels of hexes with Subic Bay and the Malayan Bases which means I have the correct pwhexe but not the WIF panels (eloso). Does anyone have them? Please PM and ill PM my email back to you. Thanks

cantona2 -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 6:43:35 PM)

Let me show you what I mean

[image]local://upfiles/25083/548A014EDAE740319FE1077E8106D621.jpg[/image]

JWE -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 7:34:04 PM)

Yep. Panels look ugly. Base icons are placed in the center of the hex. We only pooched out the coastline a little bit. It looks strange, but it works.

cantona2 -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 7:36:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Yep. Panels look ugly. Base icons are placed in the center of the hex. We only pooched out the coastline a little bit. It looks strange, but it works.

Juan los hexes de las bases nuevas estan muy bien echas. El problema es que tengo lo dos paneles que no son del mapa tipo WiF y queda feo con algunos paneles con hexes y otros no.

JWE -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 7:55:59 PM)

quote:

Juan los hexes de las bases nuevas estan muy bien echas. El problema es que tengo lo dos paneles que no son del mapa tipo WiF y queda feo con algunos paneles con hexes y otros no.

Entiendo, amigo. Pero, en Ingles, I think the best solution is use the Babes panels with the regular art (utilice los paneles del mapa de los bebés con los paneles regulares del arte). I will find OSOs art panels and send you a set (encontraré OSO' los paneles del arte de s y le los envían). Paciencia mi amigo.

cantona2 -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/13/2011 7:58:40 PM)

Gracias Juan. Thanks

JWE -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/15/2011 3:42:40 PM)

Éxito, pero no un éxito completo.

Jonathan asks, Jonathan gets. OSO's website is dead and gone. But I modified PWEH09, 15 and 16, in WiF form, that I got from Andrew Brown. Posted them on the Babes website as BigBabes_Map_Art_Wif. These will work for anyone having OSO's WiF art files.

Before ya'll even ask, no, I do not have a complete WiF art set. Andrew's full set has some additional stuff in it that we're all playing with, but is not fully compatible in certain other ways. We are working on compatability/unification, but I will let Andrew drive any public releases.

Ciao. J

cantona2 -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/15/2011 5:37:46 PM)

Many thanks Juan. Once again AE proves it has the best community online!

cantona2 -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/15/2011 5:50:56 PM)

PS Panels work and fit in seamlessly. Muy Bien Juan

eloso -> RE: DaBigBabes Release (8/15/2011 10:32:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Éxito, pero no un éxito completo.

Jonathan asks, Jonathan gets. OSO's website is dead and gone. But I modified PWEH09, 15 and 16, in WiF form, that I got from Andrew Brown. Posted them on the Babes website as BigBabes_Map_Art_Wif. These will work for anyone having OSO's WiF art files.

Before ya'll even ask, no, I do not have a complete WiF art set. Andrew's full set has some additional stuff in it that we're all playing with, but is not fully compatible in certain other ways. We are working on compatability/unification, but I will let Andrew drive any public releases.

Ciao. J

Well... The website wasn't actually mine but I had access to it for years. It was a business site for paint ball stuff that hosted mod sites for fps games. It was up as late as 7-31-11 but it is now missing. I still have these panels for all versions of the maps. They are too big to email but if someone has a ftp I would be happy to upload them somewhere.

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI