[WIP] Torpedo replacements (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Igard -> [WIP] Torpedo replacements (7/28/2010 11:15:05 PM)

This was supposed to be a Star Trek weapons mod, but it doesn't adhere to Trek canon, so it can be used for anything.

Just the torpedoes, no beam or area weapons as yet. I think most Distant Worlder's will agree the torps needed sexed up a bit.

I should just mention, they're a bit harder to see than the vanilla ones. Problems, let me know.[;)]

Installation:-

1.Backup your 'Matrix Games/Distant Worlds/images/effects/weapons' folder
2.Extract contents of zip into weapons folder. It only replaces the torpedoes.

EDIT: I made these by pinching some of the hyperdrive frame images from the effects folder.[:'(]

Igard -> RE: [WIP] Torpedo replacements (7/28/2010 11:17:12 PM)

Preview

The purple ones weren't supposed to look quite like this, (I didn't take into account that they spin after fired), but they do look good anyway so....

[image]local://upfiles/34469/DE5C84231537451C926500B4CA2BA41F.jpg[/image]

traker -> RE: [WIP] Torpedo replacements (7/29/2010 2:56:47 AM)

Very nice. Look great
I think these are a great improvement

Slyke57 -> RE: [WIP] Torpedo replacements (7/29/2010 4:05:35 AM)

Lol the hyperspace images, very nice.

tjhkkr -> RE: [WIP] Torpedo replacements (7/30/2010 6:30:42 PM)

Good work as usual.  [&o]
[the torps needed sexed up a bit.]
I have not heard that term in a while...  [he says laughing as he applies it to his own folder]

Baleur -> RE: [WIP] Torpedo replacements (7/31/2010 10:27:53 AM)

Looks great XD

unicron -> RE: [WIP] Torpedo replacements (8/11/2010 10:43:25 PM)

Very nice work.

Gloryseeker -> RE: [WIP] Torpedo replacements (9/5/2010 11:50:45 AM)

They look great but they are a little small and difficult to see sometimes.

Gloryseeker

Baleur -> RE: [WIP] Torpedo replacements (9/5/2010 2:51:40 PM)

The problem is, no matter how awesome torpedo png's you all make, they are next to impossible to notice ingame because the game forcibly reduce the size down to a speck :(
Why cant the game just be smart and display the png's in the friggin size they are made?? [:(]
If someone makes a huge 128x128 torpedo png, make it appear as 128x128 ingame. It makes no sense to have everything so limited and hardcoded. Gaaah.

Also, if these things werent hardcoded, you could make a ringworld mod and a system wide asteroid belt mod and even a dyson sphere mod extremely easily!
Just make a bigger sun texture with a painted ringworld, dyson sphere, or asteroid belt circling it on the outside, 512x512 or even 2048x2048 for a more distant "orbit".
The sun & planet & ship & base pngs still scale ingame due to the size of the star / planet / ship design, so why no just let us "paint outside" in a larger .png and have it use that enlarged?
But no, they had to make it hardcoded and limited. Sigh [:'(]

It frustrates me, because such simple things could enable modding to really get underway.

Igard -> RE: [WIP] Torpedo replacements (9/5/2010 3:07:22 PM)

I know, I can't get them absolutely perfect, but they are an improvement on the vanilla torps.

I agree with you Baleur. It would be really nice if they were displayed ingame at the size we specify...[8|]

EDIT: I've put this on the modders wishlist.[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI