3.4 beta return to the past (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

jmlima -> 3.4 beta return to the past (8/12/2010 10:13:21 PM)

Ok, how can I disable the bloody annoying tool tips (or even better, make them appear on demand), and return to the previous graphics?

Thanks for any help.

ralphtricky -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/12/2010 10:18:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmlima

Ok, how can I disable the bloody annoying tool tips (or even better, make them appear on demand), and return to the previous graphics?

Thanks for any help.

In the menu under Options, default options, classic default

Menschenfresser -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/12/2010 10:20:31 PM)

Not sure about the graphics, but if you set tool tips to 100,000, it will take 100 seconds for them to appear....meaning they won't. I don't think there's a way to manually activate them as you go.

Telumar -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/12/2010 10:25:26 PM)

I deactivated the tooltips this way too. I quite like the new "control" features, especially "Movement selects next unit" - very usefull when moving units from a stack to different locations. Naval Group Movement is fine, too (right click and hold in destination hex until the menu pops up and select group movement).

Emx77 -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/13/2010 8:33:44 AM)

Question regarding tool tip: Ralph, is it possible to make that tool tip appears always in down right corner of map screen instead of where the coursor is? I think in that case it will be much less annoying.

Question regarding cursor: How to get back old one?

verte -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/13/2010 9:07:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emir Agic
Question regarding tool tip: Ralph, is it possible to make that tool tip appears always in down right corner of map screen instead of where the coursor is? I think in that case it will be much less annoying.

+1

ralphtricky -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/13/2010 4:57:17 PM)

quote:

I've got the tool tip option change in for 3.5. There are three .ani files in the graphics directory that you can move or delete which are the new cursors. For fun, you can also replace then with Civ 4 cursors, Dinosaurs, or any other cursor you have permission to use.

jmlima -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/13/2010 6:02:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Menschenfresser

Not sure about the graphics, but if you set tool tips to 100,000, it will take 100 seconds for them to appear....meaning they won't. I don't think there's a way to manually activate them as you go.

Thanks.

That did the trick.

jmlima -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/13/2010 6:04:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

quote:

Thanks for any help.

In the menu under Options, default options, classic default

Thanks, but, how do I revert back to the previous map graphics? Is it just a question of copying graphics over from one of the folders?

(Also, please note that I'm not slagging the tooltips , they are useful, but I just find them annoying showing up immediately, so I used the time delay and now I have them configured in such a way that a pause with the mouse will display them, which I find , personally, more useful.)

sPzAbt653 -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/13/2010 6:33:45 PM)

quote:

... a pause with the mouse will display them, which I find , personally, more useful.

It does sound usefull that way ... how much of a delay did you use ?

jmlima -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/13/2010 6:44:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

quote:

... a pause with the mouse will display them, which I find , personally, more useful.

It does sound usefull that way ... how much of a delay did you use ?

Show at 100 and hide at 10.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/13/2010 9:01:06 PM)

Very good! Thank you very much, now we don't have to 'trial and error' it !

ralphtricky -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/13/2010 9:52:36 PM)

quote:

Thanks, but, how do I revert back to the previous map graphics? Is it just a question of copying graphics over from one of the folders?

(Also, please note that I'm not slagging the tooltips , they are useful, but I just find them annoying showing up immediately, so I used the time delay and now I have them configured in such a way that a pause with the mouse will display them, which I find , personally, more useful.)

The simplest way is to go into the options menu and turn off PNG graphics.

The best way is to move all the .PNG files in the graphics directory to another directory.

I found that the PNG Clouds and Frozen are vastly superior to what can be done with the old graphics. PNG graphics allow you to go into Paint.Net, Gimp or another program and make individual bits more transparent. It takes a little playing with it, but the affects can be pretty amazing. For example, on my copy, I went into the clouds and made them very transparent, and leave them on while adjusting the aircraft attacks.

That's why the tooltips parameters are an option. As a programmer, the expected behavior is that it comes up right away and disappears after a while.
Ralph

jmlima -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/14/2010 10:29:23 AM)

quote:

quote:

I've got the tool tip option change in for 3.5. There are three .ani files in the graphics directory that you can move or delete which are the new cursors. For fun, you can also replace then with Civ 4 cursors, Dinosaurs, or any other cursor you have permission to use.

Ralph, there are no ani files on my graphics directory...

Curtis Lemay -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/14/2010 3:32:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ralph, there are no ani files on my graphics directory...

They are in the Altgraphics Directory. Both the animated cursors and the regular cursors that were made for the .png graphics.

Note that it is better to put the unwanted files into a folder that the game won't access rather than deleting them. That way, if you change your mind, you don't have to reinstall.

The animated cursors are ripe for someone to redesign. As they are now, there just isn't enough distinction between them for players to tell which one is being triggered.

ralphtricky -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/14/2010 9:45:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay
The animated cursors are ripe for someone to redesign. As they are now, there just isn't enough distinction between them for players to tell which one is being triggered.

Since animated cursors are hard to create (Bob didn't like my Windows XP Dinosaurs), if someone were to create new cursors with a .cur extension and the same names, they will be automatically picked up and used...

If you've got Civ4, there are some cursors that I assume you can use for your own personal use, although i haven't read the license agreement.

Ralph

Panama -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/15/2010 12:33:33 PM)

Another tool tips post. Would it be possible to add supply level for the hex being displayed? Right now there has to be a unit adjacent to a hex to get that info. I guess you could plaster the whole map with supply level for every hex there is but that's kind of messy.

Even better, perhaps allow the user to filter what will be shown and what won't through a .ini file. It looks like there's enough room for five lines. Not sure how tough that would be.

Great work Ralph. Well done. [&o][sm=character0272.gif][sm=Cool-049.gif][sm=happy0029.gif][sm=happy0065.gif][sm=sign0031.gif][sm=00000436.gif]

Veers -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/15/2010 9:32:17 PM)

Sweet. All these improvements with the GUI will really make it easier to play. It's so damn exciting!!!!!

Thanks Ralph et al for all the hard work and long hours that went into this. It's awesome!.

ralphtricky -> RE: 3.4 beta return to the past (8/15/2010 11:21:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

Another tool tips post. Would it be possible to add supply level for the hex being displayed? Right now there has to be a unit adjacent to a hex to get that info. I guess you could plaster the whole map with supply level for every hex there is but that's kind of messy.

Even better, perhaps allow the user to filter what will be shown and what won't through a .ini file. It looks like there's enough room for five lines. Not sure how tough that would be.

Great work Ralph. Well done. [&o][sm=character0272.gif][sm=Cool-049.gif][sm=happy0029.gif][sm=happy0065.gif][sm=sign0031.gif][sm=00000436.gif]

If you set noborders off, then you'll see supply in all your owned hexes. The noborders option was added to allow for more flanking, with the old version you'd see bulges in the border.

I could show projected supply levels with what you know of the units, but first I'd have to calculate it, and that means adding in two new supply matrices, one for each player. I can do it, it just will be a while. Supply is a lot more reasonable now, anyway, it degrades at a rate proportional (through a formula) to the distance a truck can travel. One thing that means is that your bridging eqipment becomes even more important in some scenarios, andyour MPs may even become relevant at major intersections to keep supply flowing!

I can look at an INI file for the next version, I felt adding them to the tooltip was getting a too busy, especially when you could see the results on the map instead. It's not to hard to click the supply button, hit the space bar to hide your units and view the supply map.

Thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI