RE: Slightly off topic - New Midway movie (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

sprior -> RE: Slightly off topic - New Midway movie (9/8/2010 4:19:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Gnome

Battle of Britain is a fantastic film. On a side note, George Lucas can be seen to borrowed a LOT of elements from BoB for the original Star Wars. Compare the battle scenes in BoB compared to when the rebels launch their fighters against the Death Star.

he did the same with The Dambusters

Joe D. -> RE: Slightly off topic - New Midway movie (9/8/2010 6:16:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Ahhhhhhh...Space 1999...

I am having an allergic reaction!
[sm=00000028.gif]

Probably from this space opera's dialogue:

John Koenig: We're all aliens, until we get to know one another.

Rebel Yell -> RE: Slightly off topic - New Midway movie (9/8/2010 7:32:35 PM)

Joe Rochefort will no doubt be played by Shia Labeouf, and will get all the cryptoanalysis help he needs from the Autobots.

Nikademus -> RE: Slightly off topic - New Midway movie (9/8/2010 10:45:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Ahhhhhhh...Space 1999...

I am having an allergic reaction!
[sm=00000028.gif]

Probably from this space opera's dialogue:

John Koenig: We're all aliens, until we get to know one another.

Space:1999 was another inspirational source for Lucas....the Bomber approach scene in the episode "War Games" inspired the first scene of a Star Destroyer overflying the camera viewpoint at the beginning of Episode IV.

Ian McShane's classic line: "RRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOUUUU" (just before he sucks out all your HEAT energy)

[:D]

The Gnome -> RE: Slightly off topic - New Midway movie (9/9/2010 1:25:34 AM)

Holy crap, never new McShane was in Space 1999. I knew of the series growing up, but it wasn't on tv much in my area. Was Martin Landau in that as well?

The first time I really noticed McShane was in Deadwood, which was just dense with astounding acting and writing. It is a fairly accurate period piece as well. The writing is like modern Shakespeare with a liberal dosage of the F-bomb.

witpqs -> RE: Slightly off topic - New Midway movie (9/9/2010 1:41:33 AM)

quote:

Was Martin Landau in that as well?

Martin Landau and Barbara Bain, husband and wife. Both from Mission: Impossible.

Pascal_slith -> RE: Slightly off topic - New Midway movie (9/9/2010 4:21:33 AM)

deleted

Nikademus -> RE: Slightly off topic - New Midway movie (9/9/2010 3:14:37 PM)

quote:

Holy crap, never new McShane was in Space 1999. I knew of the series growing up, but it wasn't on tv much in my area. Was Martin Landau in that as well?

The first time I really noticed McShane was in Deadwood, which was just dense with astounding acting and writing. It is a fairly accurate period piece as well. The writing is like modern Shakespeare with a liberal dosage of the F-bomb.

Yes...Martin Landau [Stud Commander John Koenig.] (but occasionally not that bright....)

This is Triton's Galaxy
This is Triton's Solar system
This is Triton's UNIVERSE....(eh?)
This is Triton's Sun

I actually didn't recognize McShane in Deadwood at first....such was his character immersion and appearance. (Then again the last time I'd seen him was in "Lovejoy")

It was after I got 1999 on DVD that i recognzied a much younger McShane in "Force of Life" too funny.

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI