Assault guns (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris

GlobalExplorer -> Assault guns (9/9/2010 12:46:38 AM)

Is it correct that currently there is not a single StuG III Assault Gun?

from http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Waffen/sturmgeschutze-R.htm:
quote:

Am 1. November 1939 wurde dann die Sturmgeschütz-Batterie 640 durch das Artillerie-Lehr-Regiment aufgestellt. Bis zum Beginn des Frankreichfeldzuges folgten die Sturmgeschütz-Batterien 659, 660 und 665. Es waren dies die einzigen Sturmgeschütz-Einheiten, die am Frankreichfeldzug teilnahmen und sich hier hervorragend bewährten. Erst nach dem Frankreichfeldzug wurde die Sturmartilleriewaffe massiv ausgebaut. Bei Beginn des Rußlandfeldzuges am 22. Juni 1941 waren 11 Abteilungen und 9 selbständige Batterien aufgestellt worden.

A quick translation: batteries 640, 659, 660 and 665 were (the only) units equpped with Stug that saw action in France. But I remember seeing footage of StugIII in the Ardennes. And they become very numerous in campaigns after 1940.

D.Ilse -> RE: Assault guns (9/9/2010 12:48:38 AM)

yes also no Jagdpz Is til 1940

D.Ilse -> RE: Assault guns (9/9/2010 1:28:56 AM)

Independent Sturmgeschütz Units of the Wehrmacht

http://sturmvogel.orbat.com/stug.html

TAIL GUNNER -> RE: Assault guns (9/9/2010 2:11:37 AM)

Only 24 StuG IIIA took part in Fall Gelb, but there are many other tanks/vehicles missing for both sides...

Pz35(t), s.I.G.33 auf Pz.Kpfw.I, Panzerjäger I

Renault D2, FCM36, Renault FT17m/c, Hotchkiss H39

A9, A10, A13 Cruiser Tanks

just to name a few...[:D]

This game is just screaming for moddability...

WilliePete -> RE: Assault guns (9/9/2010 3:26:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juggalo

Only 24 StuG IIIA took part in Fall Gelb, but there are many other tanks/vehicles missing for both sides...

I agree. I wish I was more compuetr savvy. There are a number of little mods I would like to do. Here is a list:

1) regiment names/numbers to all units
2) new & meaner sounds for combat, air & arty strikes. Sometimes it sounds like litle girls clapping their hands...
3) add recon units
4) different city and land pictures to the top view window - not a big deal, but why not have more variety?
5) add other new units to the OOB, to include the various missing vehicles.

D.Ilse -> RE: Assault guns (9/9/2010 12:45:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juggalo

Pz 35t are in the game..11.Panzer Abt IIRC, I found them this morning

TAIL GUNNER -> RE: Assault guns (9/9/2010 1:48:06 PM)

ah, I've really only looked at Fall Gelb so far.....and saw that 6. Pz.Div. had 38(t) instead...

Hexagon -> RE: Assault guns (9/9/2010 4:26:09 PM)

Many tanks are missing, for me the most important is H-39 because has better AT role (if germans have the PzI...). For Stugs... yes, add then as independent units is a good way to increase infantry units punch.

EDIT: is curious but in case yellow 6ºpanzer division has Pz 35t [&:]

D.Ilse -> RE: Assault guns (9/9/2010 9:36:35 PM)

6.Pz had 35(t)s up to the gates of Moscow, Winter 41/42 is when the last ones where written off.

D.Ilse -> RE: Assault guns (9/9/2010 9:43:15 PM)

noticed for 1939, all the various Pz IVs are represented as Pz IVDs..no Cs and Bs..prob done this way to save room/ease...just all the Pz IIs.a,b,c,A,B and ausf.C are lumped as Pz II

GlobalExplorer -> RE: Assault guns (9/10/2010 9:05:12 AM)

Same for Ju87-A.

I mean such a beautiful plane, shouldn't it be in the game?

[image]http://www.afwing.com/images/ju87/sideview/ju87_008.jpg[/image]

D.Ilse -> RE: Assault guns (9/10/2010 10:32:38 AM)

So should the Hs 123A, tough little bird it proved to be.[:'(]

quote:

At the outbreak of hostilities, the surviving 39 Hs 123s assigned to II. (Schl)/LG 2, were committed to action in the Polish Campaign. This single unit proved to be particularly effective. Screaming over the heads of enemy troops, the Hs 123s delivered their bombs with devastating accuracy. A frightening aspect of an Hs 123 attack was the staccato noise of its engine that a pilot could manipulate by changing rpm to create "gunfire-like" bursts.[2] The Hs 123 proved rugged and able to take a lot of damage and still keep on flying. Operating from primitive bases close to the front lines, the type was considered by ground crews to be easy to maintain and reliable in field conditions.

The Polish campaign was a success for an aircraft considered obsolete by the Luftwaffe high command. Within a year, the Hs 123 was again in action in the blitzkrieg attacks through the Netherlands and France. General Guderian was continually impressed by the quick turnaround time offered by II.(Schl)/LG 2. Often positioned as the Luftwaffe's most-forward based combat unit, the Hs 123 flew more missions per day than other units, and again proved their worth in the close-support role. With Ju 87s still being used as tactical bombers rather than true ground support aircraft and with no other aircraft capable of this mission in the Luftwaffe arsenal, the Hs 123 was destined to continue in service for some time more, although numbers were constantly being reduced by attrition.

D.Ilse -> RE: Assault guns (9/11/2010 12:38:53 AM)

One thing I noticed no Infantry guns for the germans for 1939.

Each Inf. Regiment should have 2 15cm SiG 33, and 6 7.5cm le IG 18(2 per battalion)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI