RE: Fire In the East scenario (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios

Grymme -> RE: Fire In the East scenario (5/24/2011 5:36:29 AM)

One suggestion would be to play AG nord vs NW front the first time. Thats a much less daunting project. Here a round could be finished in less than half an hour.

As for play balance. You should not underestimate the advantage Germany gets from initiative and the initial bonus. In my game i am rather concerned that it might go to easy to defeat the SU.

Also one advice. I would not restart a game for bugs unless those bugs were the kind that crashes the game. There will be bugs for a long time, both in the scenario and the game engine. Thats just the way game development goes. Its better to play around the bugs if you want to get somewhere. If there are bugs that affect game balance somehow there is always ways to work that out by dumping supply to that amount etc.

Anyway. Hope

Grymme -> RE: Fire In the East scenario (6/5/2011 8:42:25 PM)

Uploaded a new FITE bundle complete with newest version of the scenario, briefing, small scenario Battle for Tula and i also added another new scenario Guderians Blitzkrieg.

CHANGES TO FIRE IN THE EAST
- Fixed Murmansk small bug (the hex sprite was not showing the correct location)
- Cleaned up Axis and Soviet available research so that research bransches that have no effect are not possible to buy.
- Engine OOB bug fixed with release of AT:G v214.
- Fixed bug where it was not possible to evacuate the factories of a handful of cities (they were not selectable with the actioncard)
- Also changed the way evacuating factories works so that success is not automatic, but evacuation will succeed in 60% of the time. There can only be one atempt to evacuate a hex, after that the hex will not be selectable anymore.

This is pretty small changes and i would not advice anyone to restart a game because of these changes. The only bug that affected gameplay was the evacuation thing and the change of functionality is not that far away from how it worked with the bug.

Here is a link to the bundle

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z17MVRBB

GUDERIANS BLITZKRIEG
Also, as a bonus for FITE-players i have included a new medium sized scenario in the bundle. Its a 13 round scenario covering the southern arm of the Operation Typhoon drive for Moscow in 1941. Its called Guderians Blitzkrieg. (Its Passwordprotected, but with the same password as the FITE scenario). Its editable for those who find any bugs in it (its a first version so has not been playtested for balance.

Its actually loosely inspired by the boardgame Guderians Blitzkrieg by Multimanpublishing, see link

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2994/guderians-blitzkrieg

Here is a screenshot that shows most of the board. The playing surface is roughly 43*54 hexes with a couple of hundred units.

[image]local://upfiles/27522/2730A4CA1D0540D1A48C9FBAB447EBD8.jpg[/image]

xiaochun3612 -> RE: Fire In the East scenario (6/10/2011 5:15:25 AM)

Looks great Grymme!

Do you have a sense of how difficult it is to convert AT:WWII scenerio's to ATG?

Is it a case of they work out of the box, just don't take advantage of any of the new features...or do you have to do some work to get them to function?

I'd like to convert my scenerio's over when ATG comes out..

Josh -> RE: Fire In the East scenario (6/10/2011 9:09:01 AM)

Damn spammers. [:@]

Grymme -> RE: Fire In the East scenario (7/27/2011 11:12:13 AM)

Latest version 212 is now uploaded to my skydrive. The only change is the fixing of a pic error that apparently caused some problems when playing against soviet AI.

wolf14455 -> RE: Fire In the East scenario (2/12/2016 10:19:20 AM)

Looks great. New to ATG but played lots of War in russia type games. Are you atill working on this scenario and if yes how to get hold of a copy?
cheers

rjh1971 -> RE: Fire In the East scenario (2/12/2016 10:23:01 AM)

You need to get in touch with Grymme and donate him a couple of bucks or euros through PayPal, and he will send you the scenario and password.

wolf14455 -> RE: Fire In the East scenario (2/12/2016 11:01:40 AM)

Ok, cool. Just senden him an Email.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI