Possible Bugs? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848

Mark Breed -> Possible Bugs? (10/20/2010 9:18:24 PM)

I have a few issues that don't seem to be right.

(1) Cavalry unsuccessful in evading a non-cavalry force.

(2) Cannons not being included in the battle (two separate events, one very significant).

I do have the file copies for review. Where do I send them.

Regards,
Mark

HussarGames -> RE: Possible Bugs? (10/22/2010 11:40:14 AM)

1. You must set your cavalry to cautious / retreat to surely evade a non-cavalry force. Use these settings for recon.
2. Heavy cannons are very slow and they have little chance to participate in regular battles. They have increased chance to participate in or against fortified positions. Regular cannons will not participate in full force either and this is also affected by terrain and weather. Eg. Do not expect your artillery to show up if its raining and you are attacking in the mountains.

Mark Breed -> RE: Possible Bugs? (10/22/2010 6:47:08 PM)

(1) My cavalry was/is set to cautious / retreat and is still being forced into battle.

(2) My cannon were part of a garrison in a fort when attacked.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Breed -> RE: Possible Bugs? (10/22/2010 9:48:47 PM)

Another issue just came up. I had an American cavalry force of less than 500 men again set to cautious / retreat attacked by an army of 2,800 and 23 cannon. Instead of withdrawing it stayed and fought, which caused an adjoining American army of 3,000+ join the battle. Not only did the army join in, but the leader who was a higher rank and had better values did not assume command of the battle.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Breed -> RE: Possible Bugs? (10/22/2010 9:57:02 PM)

It appears that supplies a fort generates will only feed the garrison. Is this correct? I say this because when I have a force show up at a fort, the supplies keep decreasing even though the fort is showing a stockpile of supplies. I have to transfer units to the garrison in order to get them fed.

Thank you for your support in these matters.

Regards,
Mark

kool_kat -> RE: Possible Bugs? (10/25/2010 10:50:45 PM)

Another bug report: [X(]

I did note a "bug" on my British 1776 Oct Week I turn. Event interface indicated British New York reinforcements, but no new troops appeared on the map at New York! [:(] [&:]

Note - I had British units occupying New York... and have been in control of NY for almost 1 year!

Mark Breed -> RE: Possible Bugs? (10/25/2010 11:38:19 PM)

And, I had a cavalry unit just surrender after being repeatedly attacked by infantry even thought it was set to retreat / cautious the entire time! Could it be the readiness level is over-riding the cavalry/infantry rule? If so, I think that this should be corrected. Tired horses can still outrun a man on foot.

Mark

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI