Corrupt download (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition

Colin_slith -> Corrupt download (11/20/2010 9:50:44 PM)

I have been trying now for some time to successfully download the Harpoon Ultimate Edition. It takes hours on my connection and is always corrupted...will not open the zip file.

Tried stardownloader and as soon as I click on the HTTP link, the message in stardoader comes up unknown format or corruped file.

Can anyone help please?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Corrupt download (11/21/2010 3:01:42 AM)

Hi Colin,

Did you purchase this through our old store (with Digital River) or our new one?

Regards,

- Erik

Colin_slith -> RE: Corrupt download (11/21/2010 5:39:04 AM)

I dunno Erik, bought it on 5 November 2010, order 151556361.

Just checked and it was digitalriver at findmyorder.

Colin_slith -> RE: Corrupt download (11/21/2010 9:43:09 AM)

Another 10 hours wasted on another corrupt zip file.

[:(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Corrupt download (11/21/2010 2:36:56 PM)

Hi Colin,

The file on the store is fine, but we're finding that with a file this large, some internet connections have trouble with it. The last customer with this issue actually had a bad memory stick on his system that was corrupting it during extraction. If it won't even open the zip file for you, that sounds like corruption during the transfer.

I have two suggestions:

1. If you have a friend or family member with a fast internet connection through a different ISP, you could try to download it there and see if the issue is specific to large files and your ISP.
2. We can try to set you up with a download from our server and see if that works any better.

Regards,

- Erik

Colin_slith -> RE: Corrupt download (11/21/2010 9:05:14 PM)

Thanks Erik, My connection is a fast one normally, but for some reason this dl came down very slowly. I don't really have access to any other ISP...in fact my office uses the same as mine.

If you can set up a dl from your server that would be great.

I am on Australian Eastern Summer Time here so there is a large time difference between us.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Corrupt download (11/21/2010 10:14:59 PM)

Hi Colin,

Ok, let me see what I can to tomorrow once in the office. Apologies for the inconvenience. We have seem some questionable results in the past with large file transfers to Australia, so it sounds like the same thing is happening here again.

Regards,

- Erik

Colin_slith -> RE: Corrupt download (11/27/2010 4:26:09 AM)

I managed to dl file onto my laptop OK. For some reason the tower PC wouldn't unzip the file but the laptop did.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI