Newcomers Question on Artillery (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris

spelk -> Newcomers Question on Artillery (11/30/2010 2:56:00 PM)

I'm new to the game, and haven't quite got to grips with it fully, but I wondered if someone could explain (in simplie terms) the effect of the Stack penalty after an artillery attack.

I thought that entrenched units where usually "softened up" by Artillery bombardments, and that would make assaulting them slightly easier, but my rudidmentary understanding of the Stack penalty after an Arty attack means it is slightly more difficult to make a successful assault on that area.

Can someone explain how it plays out for me?

I think the Stack penalty is in place to prevent you from over-attacking a hex. And I can understand this if you bring to bear too many stacked troops onto a single hex - seems unrealistic, but I don't see how a ranged Artillery attack fits into this mechanic.

Any help would be much appreciated on understanding this matter.

schwaryfalke -> RE: Newcomers Question on Artillery (11/30/2010 7:32:15 PM)

Hi,
THere are 3 seperate stack penalties. Art,Air,Land these only affect further attacks of that type.

The art stack penalty thus only makes additional Art attacks less effective

regards

spelk -> RE: Newcomers Question on Artillery (12/1/2010 1:40:21 PM)

Ah thanks for clarifying that aspect for me schwaryfalke, so the three stack penalties (ground, air, artillery) applied don't interfere with each other.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI