RE: buy on release? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Ola Berli -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 7:32:26 PM)

blastpop,

that is perfect both do what they want! [:D]

maxstrike -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 7:37:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: blastpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: maxstrike

Realistically I'd say end of the business day is a more likely time for the release, which is about 2 1/2 hrs away. I think Matrix is on Eastern time.

True, but I am sure they want to monitor things when it goes live...

What is the internet going to do today with two major software releases...? My wife is playing the new WoW today and I'm looking for WiTE today, how is that for togetherness?

I'm not sure how much monitoring they will need to do. They use a third party for fulfillment, and Erik and crew can check the forums from home if they really want to. However, with the product going gold the dev team is going to be exhausted and probably won't even think of looking at incoming bugs before Thursday at the earliest.

I've been a developer for 20+ years and my projects have always released at the end of the day.

stormdeth -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 7:39:26 PM)

I can't wait. I have been looking forward to this for a very long time! Soon.....please

maxstrike -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 7:43:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: storm_deth

I can't wait. I have been looking forward to this for a very long time! Soon.....please

"The future battle on the ground will be preceded by battle in the air. This will determine which of the contestants has to suffer operational and tactical disadvantages and be forced throughout the battle into adoption compromise solutions." -E.Rommel

I've never read that Rommel quote before. Its a very profound description of airpower. I guess he was as smart as people said he was.

Icekill -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 7:44:26 PM)

Umm as our kid is at his grandmother house tonight i had planned a long night with a romantic dinner, candles and all the rest... but... with the game being released today... and as i have not told my wife yet about my plans... i have decided i better shut up, cook a quick sandwich and then play the whole night as we don't have to wake up early tomorrow.

What can give more pleasure than a good WWII wargame on release day?

kirkgregerson -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 7:50:01 PM)

quote:

cook a quick sandwich

Ummm, not sure I've done this? Please explain the culinary requirement involved to 'cooking' a sandwich. My guess would be maybe this is a 'Steak-um' sandwich or maybe a grilled cheese? Thanks for sharing.

[:D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:31:50 PM)

Hi Everyone,

For customers in different time zones where it is already evening - we are hoping to have the release live within an hour.

Regards,

- Erik

kirkgregerson -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:32:55 PM)

Let me be one of the first to say

"WOOOT"

[&o]

typhoon -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:34:22 PM)

For English customers this is the best window of oppertunity available Coronation street has just began another special 50th years episode or something similar all our wives are now otherwise heavilly engaged

kirkgregerson -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:34:23 PM)

oh, well guess since I'm GMT -6:00 it will be more than an hour
[:(]

That's still ok!

"WOOOT"

SuluSea -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:35:16 PM)

Awesome news, everyone shine up their credit cards [:'(][;)]

Kung Karl -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:44:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Everyone,

For customers in different time zones where it is already evening - we are hoping to have the release live within an hour.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks for the info!

Adam Parker -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:45:34 PM)

Oh those poor servers!

Hey, it's already tomorrow in Australia... and Christmas in New Zealand. Do we go first? [:'(]

DBeves -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:46:46 PM)

Thanks Erik ... for the up front details you have been giving for a while now about release dates... yeah - so we are all just a bunch of big kids - but that is actually a fact so your candour has saved me many painful days of waiting. Certain other companies could take a lesson from you ... I am thinking of a game with the words (maybe) normandy, mission and combat in it.

Thewait has been less painful for your simple posts with some kind of information in them.

blastpop -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:48:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DBeves

Thanks Erik ... for the up front details you have been giving for a while now about release dates... yeah - so we are all just a bunch of big kids - but that is actually a fact so your candour has saved me many painful days of waiting. Certain other companies could take a lesson from you ... I am thinking of a game with the words (maybe) normandy, mission and combat in it.

Thewait has been less painful for your simple posts with some kind of information in them.

indeed!

rjh1971 -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:54:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: typhoon

For English customers this is the best window of oppertunity available Coronation street has just began another special 50th years episode or something similar all our wives are now otherwise heavilly engaged

BBC still plays Coronation Street!!! [&:][:D] Remember watching it when I was in Ireland and a teenager, only thing iirc is that each chapter only lasted 1/2 an hour, correct me if I'm wrong, if so you won't have even started your turn when yor wifes come calling you [:D]

fsp -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:54:48 PM)

Same here, very much appreciate the updates. 

typhoon -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:56:57 PM)

RJH it was not playing a turn I was worried about this evening just aquirring the credit card in a rather devious fashion to allow a smooth purchase. Explanations can follow tomorrow before she sees the bill :-)

Rockhopper -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 8:59:30 PM)

Family plans going on tonight. Gotta travel to the in-law's next week, so prefer not to incur the wife's wrath just yet, else that will become a VERY long trip. Buying first thing tomorrow.

raizer -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 9:00:07 PM)

ive never bought a matrix game-is it ok for me to download on my mac and then xfer it to a flash drive for my pc at home?

blastpop -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 9:01:22 PM)

I would ask the question in the technical section- But my thoughts are it probably writes the info to a different format- so my guess is it would not work.

Rotherman -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 9:03:38 PM)

Coronation Street is on ITV. It is the most hatefully dire ****e TV ever. Full of whining social engineering commies.

OnTheContrary -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 9:07:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: raizer

ive never bought a matrix game-is it ok for me to download on my mac and then xfer it to a flash drive for my pc at home?

As long as you can plug in a standard FAT-formatted USB flash drive (i.e., the standard flash drive you work with under Windows) and copy the installation file to it, you'll be fine. While Mac has its own filesystem that represents files differently from Windows, the file gets "rearranged" on the flash drive according to its own underlying filesystem which Windows is capable of reading and writing to.

You can re-download the game later on, though, under the new store/website settings.

rjh1971 -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 9:14:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: typhoon

RJH it was not playing a turn I was worried about this evening just aquirring the credit card in a rather devious fashion to allow a smooth purchase. Explanations can follow tomorrow before she sees the bill :-)

She will see you playing and know straight away [:D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 9:24:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IDontThinkSo

quote:

ORIGINAL: raizer

As long as you can plug in a standard FAT-formatted USB flash drive (i.e., the standard flash drive you work with under Windows) and copy the installation file to it, you'll be fine. While Mac has its own filesystem that represents files differently from Windows, the file gets "rearranged" on the flash drive according to its own underlying filesystem which Windows is capable of reading and writing to.

You can re-download the game later on, though, under the new store/website settings.

Yep, this is correct.

Everyone, all our tests on our side are done. We are ready to go live, we are just waiting for one final confirmation from the store folks, which we are expecting any time now. We can't go live without that, as we want to be sure the whole process will go smoothly for everyone. Sorry for the additional wait, we are also waiting impatiently here!

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 9:33:11 PM)

I just spoke with the store again, we are projecting 30 minutes to release at this point.

maxstrike -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 9:33:18 PM)

Erik,

Would you say this has been the most anticipated release in Matrix Games' history?

Mike Solli -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 9:34:26 PM)

You must not have been around when WitP AE made it's arrival.

Templer_12 -> Store folks to the eastern front. (12/7/2010 9:35:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I just spoke with the store again, we are projecting 30 minutes to release at this point.

Send store folks to the eastern front first!

rjopel -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 9:35:41 PM)

Atomic batteries to power. Turbines to speed.

Roger. Ready to move out.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI