RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

JamesM -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/16/2010 11:17:54 PM)

I am looking forward to the pdf of this boot camp!

lparkh -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/17/2010 5:12:47 AM)

Ya please the PDF! The photo bucket has killed my ability to keep reading through this!

robjoh -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/17/2010 9:54:22 AM)

Dear dlazov66,

Thanks for what seems to be a fantastic tutorial. Even though being far from new to complex games like WITE I feel that this tutorial would be a perfect start for me when I sit down tonight. Any idea when you will release it in a readable format (pdf?) so that we can view the pics?

Many thanks in advance!

Kong Gulerod -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/17/2010 10:48:07 AM)

Great tutorial, just a shame with Photobucket. I was just gething started reading though it.

I hope you find the time to make PDF soon. :)

/Kong Gulerod

Zovs -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/17/2010 11:31:48 AM)

I am so very glad so many of you have found this useful, that is rewards enough. Currently I am up to 52 pages without images inserted, what you have read so far was only 36 pages of text so there is more.

I am to the point in the document where I dismiss class for those that wish to venture on their own and stay for those that need more studying. Not sure how much longer this section will take or how far to go. I think in the above I did the one attack and then went into an overview of the land, what you have not seen yet is the review of command and then the opening of the frontier (only 5 hexes, might do six to get rid of a fort) and am at the point of moving to pocket and then a part on moving to exploit and then a turn wrap up and let GAI do her thing and then end it and set you all free so I can work on two 1943 scenarios for you to play.

So my gut feeling is about another 8 to 12 pages or so of text and then I need to just insert the images and create a PDF, the latter should only take 45 minutes, the 8-12 pages I want to complete as quickly as possible and would love to get it to you tonight, but I have to work and we are going out to a family movie tonight so that won't happen.

I don't want to keep you all in the lurch either, so conflicted I am, plus after I created the final copy I was going to have several members of the testing team review first, before getting it out to you all.

snowflake -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/17/2010 11:37:15 AM)

Bootcamp in pdf format is certainly welcome. Keep up the good work!

Regards,
snowflake

pensfanvw -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/17/2010 11:47:46 AM)

Another one patiently looking forward to the PDF. Your effort is much appreciated!

Al

FroBodine -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/20/2010 3:07:35 AM)

Any update to the status of the .pdf tutorial?

Zovs -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/20/2010 3:21:08 AM)

I have it done (at least 98% done I could add more) and am importing in images to it now. I still don't have a place to place it so people can down load it, and was waiting to see if Matrix would host it.

Gandalf -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/20/2010 3:30:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dlazov66

I have it done (at least 98% done I could add more) and am importing in images to it now. I still don't have a place to place it so people can down load it, and was waiting to see if Matrix would host it.

If it's no larger than 100 MBytes (I seriously doubt it... hehe), you can post if for free on www.mediafire.com (You'll have to create a free account to do so)

edit> You can also "split" .zip files into several smaller segments to be downloaded separately and then they will reassemble altogether. I believe this is also possible with .rar files too.

If you use mediafire... you upload the file then copy/paste the mediafire link into your post. After that, others just click the link and Voila... download box appears.

jomni -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/20/2010 7:11:18 AM)

Have Matrix officially sanction the pdf and host in the registered downloads section.

bcgames -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/20/2010 7:58:28 AM)

quote:

I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks for the effort.

Zovs -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/20/2010 11:35:42 AM)

In tester proofing now.

Skeleton -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/20/2010 8:08:43 PM)

I too thank you for your efforts on our behalf! I absolutely cannot wait until you have this completed in PDF form. Great stuff!

MolotovCocktailParty -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/20/2010 9:36:16 PM)

Thank you for this giant effort - conducted in such a short span of time at that.

Best,

E

parusski -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/22/2010 12:28:23 AM)

I too am grateful for your efforts. It is a gift we should appreciate.

Now hurry!![:)]

Zovs -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/22/2010 1:23:18 AM)

Submitted back to the testers for hopefully last review. It's now 244 pages long.

bcgames -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/22/2010 4:35:05 AM)

quote:

...It's now 244 pages long.

Excellent! This game is like chess. The more I read, the more I like it.

Blind Sniper -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/22/2010 6:39:19 PM)

quote:

Submitted back to the testers for hopefully last review. It's now 244 pages long.

First, many thanks for your job [:)]

Second, nice Russian Sherman avatar!

zinzin -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/23/2010 9:14:12 AM)

i am a french and the manual in english is difficult (for me) to progress in this very good game.
i hope your PDF come soon with your explication and screens :)

[&o] for your work

Zovs -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/23/2010 6:35:28 PM)

Just uploaded version 1.05 to the testing area, should be good enough for now, I could keep on expanding it and modifying but by then you'll all be masters of this game. I think I cover at least 80% of what you need to know to get going. I think I could have spent another 20 to 50 pages on air, production, CR and other items but I think that this will suffice.

I started another document a tips guide of sorts but not sure where that may or may not go. Want to finish up some work on scenarios first though.

FroBodine -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/23/2010 7:15:39 PM)

Awesome!! Pardon my ignorance, but where is the testing area? How can I download this .pdf guide please?

And thanks a TON for this what I'm sure will be an incredible document. This guide alone seals the deal on my purchase of this game tomorrow for Christmas!!

tgb -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/23/2010 8:21:36 PM)

By the testing area do you mean the members' area?  I'd like to get my hands on this for the weekend.

Kong Gulerod -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/23/2010 8:21:44 PM)

Sounds great. I cannot wait to read it. I am finishing my first attempt at the Leningrad scenario and I would love to read your tutorial to compare my experiences with your advises.

Looking forward to it. :)

/Kong Gulerod

Zovs -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/23/2010 8:26:13 PM)

Ah, sorry guys the testing area you can't access, but the leaders of the group can then take the PDF and put it someplace where you can download it, I just wanted a few of the testers to take a look and see if it was good enough for now.

Like I said I think it should cover at least 80% in detail to help you all out.

Depending on any feed back I may just make a separate tips guide, coming in at 246 pages is just now getting slightly unmanageable. But this is a big, detailed deep game so much to learn and cover.

goodwoodrw -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/23/2010 11:36:58 PM)

G'day mate, the original installments got me into the Leningrad scenario, and a bit disappointed it couldn't be finished in that format. It's well done congrats on that, but do you think the final installment will be out before Chrissy?
Ron

jomni -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/24/2010 2:39:56 AM)

Please let us know if it's aready available for Public consuption. [:D]

hgilmer3 -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/24/2010 3:28:30 AM)

We want our Boot Camp!  Seriously, thanks for your work on this.  246 pages sounds like a FT job in the amount of time you had.

bcgames -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/24/2010 5:46:46 AM)

quote:

...I just wanted a few of the testers to take a look and see if it was good enough for now.

Sounds like a good thing to do. We can have it fast or we can have it good...but we can't have both. Please take the time to achieve the best pay-off for your efforts.

Fletcher -> RE: Operational Boot Camp (tutorial) (12/24/2010 1:05:20 PM)

dlazov66,
Thanks for your hard efforts. Keep up your great work!. We can wait a while :)..
Best of wishes, and Happy Christmas
Ramón

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI