Countdown Thread: The Expansion is Coming! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

TheLastRonin -> Countdown Thread: The Expansion is Coming! (12/16/2010 5:46:40 AM)

The expansion can't be far away now, Eric said Thursday...

Gentlemen... Start your anticipation engines [:)].

Texashawk -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 5:55:20 AM)

Well, it's now Thursday in the CST...

TheLastRonin -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 5:55:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Texashawk

Well, it's now Thursday in the CST...

That's the point, it very well could be out in a matter of hours [:)].

dawilko -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 6:03:38 AM)

Its Thursday arvo AEST, but I know Eric was referring to an American time zone.

Shark7 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 6:23:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dawilko

Matrix is HQ'ed in Texas IIRC, so I look for it to be out between Noon-5PM CST personally.

TheLastRonin -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 6:25:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

Matrix is HQ'ed in Texas IIRC, so I look for it to be out between Noon-5PM CST personally.

Gotta love them cowboys [:D].

Simulation01 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 6:37:59 AM)

@Erik

Hey Pilgrim!  How bout you rustle us up an expansion!!  Along with a passel jerkey!!  [sm=sterb003.gif][sm=00000106.gif]  That is when you aren't fighting off a cartel raid along the border.

Setekh -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:11:31 AM)

It's strange, I only got this game a few days ago, and only by accident as I knew nothing about it whatsoever. then a freind of mine out of the blue gives me his copy because he didn't like it. Now here I am ready to purchase the expansion to a game I didn't know existed 4 days ago.

TheLastRonin -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:22:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Setekh

It's strange, I only got this game a few days ago, and only by accident as I knew nothing about it whatsoever. then a freind of mine out of the blue gives me his copy because he didn't like it. Now here I am ready to purchase the expansion to a game I didn't know existed 4 days ago.

It's a pretty awesome game and when we can start making maps, scenarios and proper mods for it... Wow... It's going to be on a whole different level.

Texashawk -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:23:27 AM)

Get up, you lazy bastards! Why, it's already 2:30 AM... traffic's light and breakfast's cheap, so get crackin'!! [:D]

J HG T -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:28:00 AM)

Come on! Come on! I need my dose of DW soon or I'll start getting cramps and twitches! *Cracks knuckles*

AminMaalouf -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:41:04 AM)

I look forward with excitement. It's a bit like saying in all seriousness, "Payday for moo3 now!"

DivePac88 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 9:02:10 AM)

Where is it already... it is 2200 Thursday 16th of December here, and the day is just about done. [img]http://bestsmileys.com/anxious/4.gif[/img]

dawilko -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 9:31:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Where is it already... it is 2200 Thursday 16th of December here, and the day is just about done. [img]http://bestsmileys.com/anxious/4.gif[/img]

.co.nz?

DivePac88 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 9:51:22 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

.co.nz?

Yes I'm Kiwi, and you're Aussie.

Phocian -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 9:56:42 AM)

Hope this helps guys, this is from the the bundling DW thread.
Eric giving the expected release date.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erik Rutins
Administrator

Most likely Thursday afternoon US Eastern time.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development and Business Relations

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

tegenAQR -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 10:06:28 AM)

It's strange somehow I bought the game a few days ago started about four different games to get a grip on tactics then I read about the forthcoming expansion and stopped playing. Now I won't continue playing not until I have the new tech tree and all the UI improvements and carriers and fighters and... and... and...

So right now I'm missing the right words for my anticipation for the upcoming release of the expansion!!!

Can't wait [sm=happy0005.gif]

robske -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 10:45:27 AM)

Must... Buy... This... Expansion...

Yskonyn -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 11:08:44 AM)

Here's another waiting soul! I must confess I have not played a lot of DW yet cause I was missing features this expansion pack is going to add!
I am quite excited to see what the new DW will do for me! [&o]

Scritty -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 12:06:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smitkovski

It's strange somehow I bought the game a few days ago started about four different games to get a grip on tactics then I read about the forthcoming expansion and stopped playing. Now I won't continue playing not until I have the new tech tree and all the UI improvements and carriers and fighters and... and... and...

So right now I'm missing the right words for my anticipation for the upcoming release of the expansion!!!

Can't wait [sm=happy0005.gif]

I know exactly how you feel. To start a new game of the "original" would seem like a waste of time at the moment.
I'd be thinking "but I wouldn't do this in the exansion" or...""I'd add these once I get the expansion"

Argghh.

Can't wait (but I'll have to)

Scritty

Flaviusx -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 12:37:27 PM)

Very excited about this release.

elmo3 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 2:17:10 PM)

From Erik in the "Bundling" thread: 
quote:

Most likely Thursday afternoon US Eastern time.

Scritty -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 2:43:22 PM)

Here in the UK that would be after 5:00pm - and more likely mid/late evening

That's fine :)

Yskonyn -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 3:15:31 PM)

Yeah.. I am going refresh bananas all day long, eventhough I know in the back of my head that its probably somwhere during the evening... (GMT+1 here)
Anticipation is a killer! ;)

mbar -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 4:01:08 PM)

Texas? Get the jalapeno poppers and brisket off the grill and pass the BBQ sause!!

Erik Rutins -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 5:25:49 PM)

Hi everyone, so far we are full speed ahead and it looks good for a release this afternoon as planned. It's now just after noon on the East Coast of the US and we expect to release between now and 5PM.

FYI, we have three offices now as Matrix and Slitherine combined. One is in Colorado in the US, one is in Vermont in the US and one is in the UK, whereas our store partner Plimus is on the West Coast of the US in California and Oregon. We also have staff and development teams around the world, including Elliot in New Zealand so it's really hard to pin down a particular time zone for us. With that said, the Vermont office where I am handles the product development and production side, so we generally release on a US Eastern time schedule.

I'd also like to ask those of you who are willing, once the expansion is released, to please help us spread the word on other game forums and sites that you may frequent as many of you did for the original release. Every little bit helps and helps us make sure that Distant Worlds will have many more new features and improvements in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

Yskonyn -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 5:34:57 PM)

Thanks Erik, we'll continue to spread the word, don't worry! ;)

Hyfrydle -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 5:56:38 PM)

Looking forward to the release I will start spreading the word.

robske -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 5:59:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I'd also like to ask those of you who are willing, once the expansion is released, to please help us spread the word on other game forums and sites that you may frequent as many of you did for the original release. Every little bit helps and helps us make sure that Distant Worlds will have many more new features and improvements in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

I already spread the word through my friends, and in my EVE Online corporation (250 members!) about the game. Some were very intrested, and wanted to buy the game. Especially since it has a reduction in price now.

Simulation01 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 6:08:35 PM)

You should go to the product page and 'like' it with your facebook account as well.  'Share' it on facebook as well...or any other social networking sites you feel comfortable expressing your views about a quality product from quality people.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/398/details/Distant.Worlds.-.Return.of.the.Shakturi

Vermont.....hmmm.....welll, I'm not too sure what to say about vermont......     I guess.......   Go New England!!!!  and all afiliated publishers and production studio's

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI