RE: Countdown Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Shark7 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 6:12:52 PM)

Are we there yet? [:D]

J HG T -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 6:16:12 PM)

I don't write on many forums really. The only few forums I've joined are something really special, like DW. But, I'll definetly mention DW in a appropriate situation/place. That I can promise.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 6:24:49 PM)

[image]http://www.mricons.com/store/png/106917_18994_48_view_refresh_icon.png[/image]

Nalim27 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 6:28:31 PM)

I maybe did not sleep tonight .... my paypal is ready for you Code Force guys.

Lostweb -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 7:26:39 PM)

Are the publishers not afraid of the DDOS effect?
I am betting quite alot of people are refreashing their browser often, to see if it is available [:)]
I really hope their servers can take it! I cant wait much longer [:)]

Webbco -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 7:29:33 PM)

Every 3 mins or so...I'm such a kid ;)

Simulation01 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 7:36:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lostweb

Are the publishers not afraid of the DDOS effect?
I am betting quite alot of people are refreashing their browser often, to see if it is available [:)]
I really hope their servers can take it! I cant wait much longer [:)]

I'm wondering if they aren't trying to make sure the servers will remain up and running. Honestly, when I refresh...I believe it's taking longer...maybe it's just me...but there are a lot of folks logged in at the moment and their is no telling how many guests are viewing and refreshing.

dazoline II -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 7:49:11 PM)

The website set a record for most users logged in at one time last week when WitE was released, I think they can handle the load for the expansion.

Nalim27 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 7:52:40 PM)

DDOS attack can't happens - Distand Worlds is not World of Warcraft - I do not know how many copies of DW was sold, but because it is not common known game I expect something between 10 000 - 100 000 copies.
Near any web server can handle load from that amount of customers.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 7:54:58 PM)

It's up!!!

Phocian -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 7:57:07 PM)

Downloading, late night ahead !!!!

Lostweb -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 7:59:01 PM)

Oh no!!!!!
I just checked, it is not even 15.00 in the us eastern time zone!
We may have to wait 2 more hours [:(]
Ref:
http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5
Now i am really down[:(]

On the other side...
There should be no more than 2 hours of waiting left. That is not so long? Right?
I feel worse than a five year old waiting for Santa!
Not much longer now!!!

Phocian -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:00:04 PM)

?? Lostweb you can buy it now mate !

feygan -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:00:55 PM)

Start the clock dountdown 25 minutes to go on my download :D

yoshino -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:01:52 PM)

Downloading now[:D]

robske -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:04:29 PM)

4 minutes left on download [X(][:D]

feygan -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:05:12 PM)

12 minutes, "my kingdom my kingdom, my kingdom for a faster net speed"

Hyfrydle -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:05:34 PM)

Wow that was quick download finished!!!

crazyguy -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:06:36 PM)

Downloading now [:D]

robske -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:07:39 PM)

Installing [X(]

Starting the game [&o]

Lostweb -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:10:55 PM)

WOHOOOO!
Bought, and downloading!
[:D]

oxenshtrudel -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:19:09 PM)

For your information one small issue was discovered late on the gold master. I don't know if they fixed it in the digital download. If you get a crash when starting the game through quick start. Run it again as administrator or start it from the game menu. That should fix the problem.

Since it's easy to go around I think you all agree that it was better to release it with this small flaw than to postpone the release to next week or later.

Shark7 -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:23:40 PM)

ABout 12 minutes total for me to DL. Not bad considering that I live somewhere in the last century. [:D]

Demonius -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 8:31:49 PM)

Bought and loading.

Edit: Oh wow, registered 2004 and now first post? Must have been for Starshatter... Anyways, time to conquer a galaxy.

J HG T -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 10:31:49 PM)

Agh! Too late for my taste. Gotta download and play it first thing in the morning. 

Igard -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 10:53:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Demonius
Edit: Oh wow, registered 2004 and now first post? Must have been for Starshatter... Anyways, time to conquer a galaxy.

That's got to be some sort of record. [:D]

Carewolf -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 11:25:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: oxenshtrudel

For your information one small issue was discovered late on the gold master. I don't know if they fixed it in the digital download. If you get a crash when starting the game through quick start. Run it again as administrator or start it from the game menu. That should fix the problem.

Since it's easy to go around I think you all agree that it was better to release it with this small flaw than to postpone the release to next week or later.

It is not fixed in the digital download, and starting the game from the game menu does not fix the problem. The game crashes on start every single time. Going back to try running as administrator. My first attempt was to completely uninstall and reinstall and that didn't help.

Edit: "Run as Administrator" fixes the problem, but I am unable to run the game from the game menu, only direct launch as administrator works.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/16/2010 11:50:31 PM)

Hi Carewolf,

It works fine to play the game from the game menu here. Did you not install it and are you not running it with an Administrator-level account?

Regards,

- Erik

Demonius -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/17/2010 12:22:37 AM)

Hm, game seems to progress alot slower then in DW.

The pretty quickly reached ability to colonize marshy swamps is unfamiliar, cuts off the old "damn I need to find a race that can settle all these ocean/swamp/desert/vulcan" worlds. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing yet.

Also, wheres the button to mass upgrade fighters? I created a DD class CVE, with 1 Fighter Hangar, it builds 2 Fs and 2 Bs automatically, then researched better bomber and fghters, and then I have to manually click the ship, the fighter control, the fighter itself, scrap, the ship gets deselected, have to select again, press build fighter... that cant be the supposed way, can it?

Spacecadet -> RE: Countdown Thread (12/17/2010 12:46:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Demonius

Hm, game seems to progress alot slower then in DW.

The pretty quickly reached ability to colonize marshy swamps is unfamiliar, cuts off the old "damn I need to find a race that can settle all these ocean/swamp/desert/vulcan" worlds. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing yet.

Also, wheres the button to mass upgrade fighters? I created a DD class CVE, with 1 Fighter Hangar, it builds 2 Fs and 2 Bs automatically, then researched better bomber and fghters, and then I have to manually click the ship, the fighter control, the fighter itself, scrap, the ship gets deselected, have to select again, press build fighter... that cant be the supposed way, can it?

One new feature that may be confusing is the change to the way Research is handled.

When you look at the new tree, generally if there is an up arrow it's an upgrade to an existing Technology. You can also hover your Mouse over the Tech to get a description to tell whether it's an upgrade or a new component.

If you already have the base Tech component implemented on your ships and you complete research on one of the upgrades to that component - the new Tech automatically is fitted to your ships - you don't have to do anything.

Fighters/Bombers are one of these (not sure about Standard Fighter Bay to Advanced Fighter Bay).

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI