RE: Crimea? We don't need no schtinkin' Crimea! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Panama -> RE: Crimea? We don't need no schtinkin' Crimea! (3/23/2011 3:35:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bdtj1815

Why if a computer game is purchased at considerable cost is a "house rule" needed as mentioned many times in this thread? In my current pbem game, very graciously, my SU opponent is playing with a very restrictive "house rule" during "The Blizzard", are there any other recommended "house rules"

In the day of cardboard and paper our most strenuously enforced houserule was no liquids on the game table. Especially after the Great Tea Flood of 1941. [;)]

Mynok -> RE: Crimea? We don't need no schtinkin' Crimea! (3/23/2011 4:45:58 PM)

That and no kitties in the game room. [8D]

PeeDeeAitch -> RE: Crimea? We don't need no schtinkin' Crimea! (3/23/2011 4:51:57 PM)

Or nephews...

Mynok -> RE: Crimea? We don't need no schtinkin' Crimea! (3/23/2011 5:48:53 PM)

That's more difficult...they'll whine to momma about it.......[:D]

Aurelian -> RE: Crimea? We don't need no schtinkin' Crimea! (3/23/2011 6:08:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

quote:

ORIGINAL: bdtj1815

Why if a computer game is purchased at considerable cost is a "house rule" needed as mentioned many times in this thread? In my current pbem game, very graciously, my SU opponent is playing with a very restrictive "house rule" during "The Blizzard", are there any other recommended "house rules"

In the day of cardboard and paper our most strenuously enforced houserule was no liquids on the game table. Especially after the Great Tea Flood of 1941. [;)]

And turn off the fan when bringing in a table. The Great Hurricane of 1983 ruined a game of Gleam of Bayonets.

delatbabel -> RE: Crimea? We don't need no schtinkin' Crimea! (3/24/2011 6:28:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok
That and no kitties in the game room. [8D]

My cat once ate the entire supply line of a German army about to take Kirovograd.

Mynok -> RE: Crimea? We don't need no schtinkin' Crimea! (3/24/2011 6:17:21 PM)

Put my Victory Games Civil War mapboard on the stairwell railing back in the day when I wasn't playing with it. Cat decided it was something she could walk on. Board, counters, and cat all disappeared like Wyle E. going over a cliff. We were finding counters in odd corners for months.

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Crimea? We don't need no schtinkin' Crimea! (3/24/2011 6:47:00 PM)

Great game, wish it could have been ported somehow.

Mynok -> RE: Crimea? We don't need no schtinkin' Crimea! (3/24/2011 7:25:45 PM)

Agreed. Several of those Victory Games were very good, but would have been hard to computerize for PBEM due to the impluse nature of them. Vietnam is one I still have that I wish I could play.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI