No opponent. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

Jean -> No opponent. (2/4/2011 7:31:15 PM)

No opponents:)

Strange.

Jean.

Is it because I'm french?

Nomad -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 7:46:26 PM)

sdhundt answered your last request. I don't think your nationality has anything to do with it. My opponents are Fininish and Japanese.

JeffroK -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 9:41:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jean

No opponents:)

Strange.

Jean.

As you dont state you are French until now many would not assume your nationality.

I think we are at a point where a new game is out there and many are giving it a try.

Be patient

AW1Steve -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 9:54:28 PM)

Hardly because your French. One of our favorites over on the THREAD is French. More likely to blame is the low post count you have. A lot of players like to see more posts, equating it with more experince,more of a social nature, more interest and more involvement in the game. A great many of us have had poor experinces with "lurkers", people who seldom post and get into a PBEM without the dedication it calls for. The more we know you , the more likey people are to play against you. So don't be shy. [:)]

Jean -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 10:00:43 PM)

The French should be more reactive and open for US -initiatives.

After all , your ancients parents took us off the Germans.

Anyway, txs for the support:)

I'll wait a bit.

Jean.

JeffroK -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 10:13:44 PM)

quote:

The French should be more reactive and open for US -initiatives.

After all , your ancients parents took us off the Germans.

Anyway, txs for the support:)

I'll wait a bit.

Jean.

Only your lot helped kick the Brits out of the US in the first place, something many USians forget in current times.

What about saying something nice about OZ, we won WW1 for you and took so many souvenirs that the Brits wouldn't let us back for the return round. [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 10:18:19 PM)

France does have the unique claim to be the USA's 1st ally. And it's 1st enemy (as the USA). (For you non-history types, France was the 1st country to recognize and ally with the Breakaway United Colonies, as well as the USN's opponent in what Americans call "The Quasi-War").

Ambassador -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 10:39:54 PM)

Hi Jean,

I would be willing to start a new game, but of a more limited size at first, as I'm debutting at PBEM - I'm thinking about Guadalcanal, specifically, as I'm actually waging a Coral Sea double-battle.  I've seen you seek an Allied opponent, and that's what I'm willing to play anyway.

By the way, I'm Belgian, so nous pouvons parler français entre nous.  Just send me a PM to discuss the settings & rules if you want to accept my offer.

khyberbill -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 10:40:11 PM)

quote:

I suspect two reasons. 1) as noted a new game is out there- WITE. 2) A new patch is coming out. The beta was released in December and still not out which indicates that some polishing is needed.

AW1Steve -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 10:45:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

quote:

I suspect two reasons. 1) as noted a new game is out there- WITE. 2) A new patch is coming out. The beta was released in December and still not out which indicates that some polishing is needed.

Also very good points![&o]

Nomad -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 10:46:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

quote:

Yeppers, I am still trying to figure out how to play WitE and I will not start another game until the official patch is out. Although I was considering it a bit. Just bad timing on Jeans part..

Pratzen -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 10:50:02 PM)

quote:

No. It is because you are "Helmut". And don't know what you are doing.

Jean -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 11:01:09 PM)

Mr. Pratzen.

I'm a Frencgh journalist.

Jean-Pierre Dasseville.

I work for a living and respect.

My entry code to this site are
DASSEVILLE JP

OLGOLH

I looked upthat of Mr Helmut, but could not find them, of course.

NOW, Mr Pratzen, a final warning.

If you call me Hellmutt one more time, I go with you for the judges in the USA.

I hope this is clear, and I never want to hear your German again.

All my granparents died in Auswitsch.

Thank you,

And now Pratzen GO

Ambassador -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 11:48:33 PM)

And this is where you lost my trust...

That, and the fact I found no french journalist going by the name you gave.  And hardly speak any french, despite the nationality you claim... and which is contradicted by a few checkings I made.

There're risks I'm no taking, given the amount of time involved in starting a game.

Nice catch Pratzen.

Jean -> RE: No opponent. (2/4/2011 11:59:37 PM)

Mr.Ambassador,

Your standings are clear.

Your name will be German, I guess....

Or maybe you're involved in the Politics over there, where "Wallons" and "Flemish " are at war?

Well, Mr. Ambassador

Tell me to leave, and I'll call you a "MOUBARAC"

Jean

Jean -> RE: No opponent. (2/5/2011 12:06:17 AM)

And maybe after all,I'll better leave this club.

Have fun ,Pratzen and ambassador.

You wont be embarrased anymore.

Jean.

stuman -> RE: No opponent. (2/5/2011 8:44:53 AM)

This is an odd thread. Time to move on [:)]

castor troy -> RE: No opponent. (2/5/2011 9:29:31 AM)

[sm=00000613.gif] guess this is going to be a thread for Joe again...

JeffroK -> RE: No opponent. (2/5/2011 10:02:24 AM)

curioser & curioser[8|]

d0mbo -> RE: No opponent. (2/6/2011 3:04:28 PM)

Could someone translate what happened here? The mind boggles!

Ambassador -> RE: No opponent. (2/6/2011 4:00:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

Jean is the last avatar in a long list for a (former - isn't he permanently banned ?) member of the forum. A troll which starts a lot of games, cheats (by asking their password to unsuspecting unexperienced players), and is simply rude to other members when found out. Starts a lot of games at the same time, cheats or quits when something goes wrong.

gladiatt -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 11:29:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

Jean is the last avatar in a long list for a (former - isn't he permanently banned ?) member of the forum. A troll which starts a lot of games, cheats (by asking their password to unsuspecting unexperienced players), and is simply rude to other members when found out. Starts a lot of games at the same time, cheats or quits when something goes wrong.

This is quite obvious this guy is not french: not a single word in french, sentence are strange, Auswtish is not the french spelling, same for "flemish". And his behavior is strange for someone who just start on a forum.
The kind of answer that he give sound a bit too aggressive.
Helmut mean nothing particular in french. We have others names for germans, i won't tell them here because 1) i don't want to offend germans buddys and 2) i don't want to give clue to this guy.
Allez, au revoir.....

Helmut -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 12:10:45 PM)

Sir,

I'm Helmut from Belgium.

I write this, because Jean did leave the club.

All your kind comments:)

Well,my experiences:

Indeed,we quit games,but I never left, it was always my opponent,due to problems or unability to wait.

As for your other accusations, they speak for themselves.

Your language is beyond all standards.

But yes , US-members may write as many bull-**** , as they want,huh.

Well,I hereby also leave this club.

I will form a club for non-US players,then at least some people ,speaking less good English , will not be ripped apart , if they write some minor errors in ENGLISH.

Not one American speaks Dutch, my language,do I
attack you all?

When you guys are a bit more polite, then maybe I will come back and buy games again.

ONE GOOD NOTE:

Being 40 years a gamer, WITP-AE is still the best ,I've seen.

Salute,

Helmut

[&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 1:08:50 PM)

You're just pathetic. [sm=nono.gif]

quote:

Well,I hereby also leave this club.

Promises, promises. [8|]

d0mbo -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 1:24:23 PM)

Thanks for the clarification guys.

d0mbo.

Ambassador -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 1:57:29 PM)

Zonder dank, mijn vriend.

@ USS America : there's a french song by Dalida (IIRC) which goes along as "Paroles, paroles, paroles..." as lyrics (= "Words, words, words", more or less, in the sense of void promises).  Appropriate given Jean's claimed nationality.[:D]

2ndACR -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 2:06:32 PM)

Well, both Jean and Helmut's writing styles are almost exact. Short sentences, each line spaced. I will have to say the same person.

Canoerebel -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 3:28:14 PM)

Helmut is like a character in The Lord of the Rings. He has 37 different names.

'I come in peace, Master Hobbit. My name is Jean, son of 4thGuardsTanksArmy who has an only son named Helmut. The people of Gondor call me Helmut, but in the north I am known as Ike99. You can call me 5thGuardsTanksArmy. In Elvish, that would be APA."

2ndACR -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 3:48:14 PM)

OOOH.......Ike99, now you done gone and done it. Not even in jest do you invoke that name.[:-][:-][:-]

Chickenboy -> RE: No opponent. (2/8/2011 5:25:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Helmut is like a character in The Lord of the Rings. He has 37 different names.

'I come in peace, Master Hobbit. My name is Jean, son of 4thGuardsTanksArmy who has an only son named Helmut. The people of Gondor call me Helmut, but in the north I am known as Ike99. You can call me 5thGuardsTanksArmy. In Elvish, that would be APA."

[:D]

It's the Silmarillian of spam! [:D]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI