Updating Issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Tech Support

roth -> Updating Issues (2/12/2011 7:51:54 PM)

I purchased Battlefield Academy from NWS. I have only recently installed it, but not yet registered it with Matrix. The automatic updater keeps flashing that it is checking for updates, but has never been able to find them. The message that it is checking for them simply keeps flashing (and I am connected to the internet.)

To get the updates, do I need first to register the game with Matrix? or do I need to disable anything, like my pop-up blocker? Is there a way that I can download the updates and install them myself rather than relying on the automatic updater?

Also the button to register the game is grayed-out on the opening screen, so I don't seem to be able to use that to register the game.

Any fixes or advice on any of these issues? Thanks.

junk2drive -> RE: Updating Issues (2/12/2011 7:58:37 PM)

The updater checks every time you start the game whether or not you need an update.

You probably have the latest version. When you get to the game menu, look in the upper left corner. If it shows 1.5.1 you are up to date.

You do not have to wait for the update screen to connect. Just click the button to go to the game menu.

I would go to the Matrix Members area and try to register it that way.

roth -> RE: Updating Issues (2/12/2011 8:10:28 PM)

Thanks for the advice. I restarted the game after reading it, but the Version (and Build) both say I'm running 1.3.3.

If things were properly working, would the "Checking for Updates" message on the opening screen simply continue to flash (as it currently does), or would there be any evidence (like, say, a progress bar) that would indicate that the updater is downloading and installing updates? If there's no such progress indicator, the only choice apparent to me is to let the message keep flashing (overnight?) and hope somehow that by then the game will have been entirely updated.

Anyway, if registration of the game with Matrix is not a prerequisite to using the automatic updater, then maybe my best choice is to do an uninstall/reinstall. If I recall correctly, I think I installed the game in something other than the default directory. Would this hamper the automatic updater?

Thanks again.

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Updating Issues (2/12/2011 8:59:34 PM)

It just sounds like the game isn't set up to have access through your firewall? Once it is, you'll see a display in the panel on the left of the launcher.

You might want to just download the 1.5.1 patch file from

http://www.slitherine.com/files/bbc_ba/BattlefieldAcademy_patch_v1.5.1.exe

to get you up to date. But it's worth getting your firewall set up so you can play online etc.

Cheers

Pip

roth -> RE: Updating Issues (2/12/2011 9:36:29 PM)

Thanks.

Rosseau -> RE: Updating Issues (2/13/2011 10:16:35 PM)

I've had BA installed since it first came out. I have France, too. A couple of weeks ago, I got the flashing update thing, too. Not a show stopper, but weird. It just started happening...

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Updating Issues (2/13/2011 10:41:46 PM)

But you can log into the forum (Slitherine)? Can you play MP?

Cheers

Pip

Rosseau -> RE: Updating Issues (2/15/2011 12:56:15 AM)

I can't connect with BA. However, I can with FoG. FoG also starts oddly, with no update info on the left side of the "box" start screen. But I hit "okay" and I can play MP.

This could be me, however. As of two weeks ago, I can't get online with my Empires of Steel game either.

Thanks for asking, Pip.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI