RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (3/31/2011 7:04:28 PM)

Now that's the kind of thing I do, so I can relate! For instance, there has been an occasion (or two) where I've suddenly discovered that a massive invasion armada included a few transport TFs carrying troops in Strategic mode. That don't work.

Ossian -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (3/31/2011 8:48:19 PM)

Ever launched an invasion and realized too late you've set the darn TFs to 'Do not unload?" That's my specialty!

I'm intrigued by his lethargic pace as well. I've just started a PBEM where my opponent is moving pretty slowly and methodically. It's most instructive to see what can be achieved against an opponent who hasn't come at you at flank speed.

starsis1 -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (3/31/2011 10:11:09 PM)

As far as I remember from my games, you can not invide Djambi by sea. You can capture it via paradrop and then airlift troops in. Given the amount of transport aviation that Japan enjoys, reinforcements can be shifted in very quickly. This would only work after Singapore is captured or totally neutralized

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/1/2011 1:51:12 AM)

1/17/42

Thanks for the info re Djambi, gents. I'll get a small unit over there to guard against para assaults.

Eastern DEI: Japan should take Kendari tomorrow. I've stripped most of the units, so Steve might make some deductions if he catches that. He's also based Bettys at Ambon.

Western DEI: The transports finished unloading the Indian brigade at Oosthaven and is on the way back to Ceylon. I'm at home, so don't have access to my notes about the garrisons at the three bases, but Palembang's AV went up by about ten. The transports carrying an Indian brigade to Benkolen is SSE of Sabang - probably four days away.

American Carriers: York and Ent depart Los Angeles tonight, bound for Tahiti (and trailing Sara and Lex by about two days). Keeping my fingers crossed as the carriers pass through the IJN sub cordon west of San Diego.

SigInt: 4th Division, recently reported on a maru bound for Iba, Luzon, now reported to be prepping for Auckland. It's possible the unit could be going to Luzon to help finish off Clark Field, and then bound later for Auckland. If Japan is going for a big move as part of it's second wave, New Zealand suits me as a target. (With my stripping of India to defend Sumatra, my weakness is India; NZ is important, but not critical.)

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/2/2011 2:50:24 PM)

1/18/42

Eastern DEI: The Japanese take Kendari. IJ patrols and Bettys are also operating more uniformly in this area, making Allied movement more risky. What's next for Japan? Tarakan? Makassar? Timor? IJN subs are stationed at each end of Java and sank an AVP and a CM today.

Western DEI: No enemy activity other than routine bombing of Singapore. I'm shuffling around troops between Palembang and Oosthaven a bit, trying to maximize preparation progress, so I won't post AVs for a few days. The transports carrying an Indian brigade to Benkolen are three to four days away.

India: Transports carrying two UK brigades to Sumatra are south of Ceylon; transports carrying two Aussie brigades are about even with Goa, India. A USA tank unit arrived at East Coast and is departing for Capetown immediately (joining two RCT and a Marine raider battalion already on the way).

China: The Chinese have successfully withdrawn and reinforced where desired, so now I'll wait for the enemy to come to me.

NoPac: Shokaku and Zuikaku are west of Attu and picked off a picket xAK.

CenPac: Quiet except for enemy submarine activity off the West Coast and around Hawaii. Ent and York made it through the sub cordon and are steaming south towards Tahitia, trailing Sara and Lex by about two days.

SigInt: Disclosed once again that 4th Div. is on a maru bound for Iba, but prepping for Auckland. Neither 33rd Div. or 4th Div. have been sighted at Clark Field yet.

Ticking Clock: In my game with Q-Ball, he invaded Ceylon on March 7. I felt like I was pretty much in a desperate situation, almost at his mercy, and unable to take control of the situation, until about late September. So, for about six months, things were very tight. As this game is developing, the "second wave" of Japanese assaults (assuming there will be one, which seems likely) probably won't get underway until about then. The longer I can delay things, or the longer Steve delays, the shorter his period to take advantage of Allied weakness. If he delays into April or May, it shortens the vulnerable period for the Allies by a month or two, which could be critical. Also, if he's tardy in attending to eastern Sumatra, there is a chance the Allies would be ready to reinforce there by autumn. So I think Steve has to carefully guard his six-month window of dominance and not prevent it from eroding at either end.

FatR -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/2/2011 3:11:47 PM)

Slowness during the period of the initial expansion is, IMO, one of the biggest mistakes a Japanese player can commit. You neeed to launch a massive assault in DEI while Allies are in the position of the extreme weakness. You neeed to invade either Kuching-Singkawang area or maybe eveb deeper right away. You need to invade Southern Sumatra in December, preferably before the third week of it. You need to seriously threaten surface communications with Singapore after a week. You need to take either Kendari or Ambon in December. Taking Rabaul in December is also nice, but not as crucial. And Malaya needs to be finished in January, unless it is partially bypassed. At least the DEI invasion program is wholly possible, as long as you don't let accidental defeats to stop you for weeks. IJN has massive surface superiority, once units from Home Islands arrive, and Mini-KB can give air superiority in December as well. Launching a two-pronged assault and heavily defeating the Allied fleet, if it shows up to contest (even accept losing a smaller invasion convoy can be quite acceptable, as long as offending Allied ships are drawn into battle and most likely decimated afterwards), should be entirely possible.

princep01 -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/2/2011 8:19:21 PM)

And while we are mentioning the game with Q-Ball, to what do you attribute your current opponent's very slowly developing offensive? If you said aggressive, but generally judicious, counter-attacks from the start by the Allies, I think you would score high on the exam.

I criticized you for not doing that in your game against Q-Ball and was accused of baiting comments (not by you). A modified Sir Robin makes considerable sense to me as the Allied player. However, running full tilt to the far corners of the map without extracting painful losses on the enemy does not. All of us in here say the words, "the further the enemy pushes from his supply sources, the more vulnerable he becomes,", but do we actually put the words into practice in game play? In your game with Q Ball, I did not think you did. In this game, I think you have done a great job of selectively counter-attacking Mr JJ as he has stuck his head out in his initial outward more. The victories appear to be more than merely tactical, as it has very likely affected his strategic plan and ambitions. Well done.

Time will tell, but I think this game is all but over and the laurel wreath is yours. Enjoy your triumphral march to the Forum.

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/4/2011 1:42:35 AM)

1/19/42

Status:  Thanks for the comments.  I agree with you guys mostly, and I think you would agree there are some exceptions to the general rules, but here are a couple of them just "for the record."  Japan definately needs to keep the Allies off balance early in the war, unable to be proactive because they don't know what's coming next and the hits are hard, heavy, and frequent.  Certainly, it seems like Japan should make quick work in the DEI.  It is possible, however, that in Scenario Two certain experienced, gifted players could find another route to victory.  I don't know that Steve has, but this early in the game I have to err on the side of assuming something big could be up.  If not, it could still be a very tough game even if Japan chooses a mainly defensive war (as Miller proved so well in my game against him).  Alot of my success in this game has been mainly luck to this point, and not particularly out of the ordinary for the way I play early (especially my game vs. Miller).  As for the somewhat more aggressive play having a good effect, I agree that it has.  But I think I can accurately say that Q-Ball's style of aggressive play wouldn't have permitted much of this.

Eastern DEI:  19 B-17s from Soerabaja hit the new Japanese port of Kendari, damaging 5 xAK and (I think) sinking one DD.  (This follows on the big fighter ambush at Singapore about ten days ago, and a smaller but effective fighter ambush at Hengyang less than a week ago).  Given the success of Allied strikes, I think little stings like this do give Chez heart burn.

Western DEI:  Quiet here.  The Indian brigade bound for Benkolen is no more than three days away.  The Japanese move on Singapore back on the 10th must have really messed up the Imperial Guards Division, as Steve hasn't tried another attack since.  I think he'll need reinforcements - at least a division - and it seems like he didn't have one lined up for quick support.  This long pause is very good as it gives me breathing space and allows me to continue the build up in eastern Sumatra.

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/4/2011 4:06:59 PM)

1/20/42

Oops, a Mini-KB somehow evaded patrols and penetrated into the Java Sea from the South China Sea, where it got in some licks and took a few.

Western DEI: While passing near Billiton Island, the Mini-KB (Ryujo and Zuiho) tangled with KXII, which put three TT into CL Tama. Kates sortied in numbers against Allied shipping in and near Batavia. The enemy lost at least 12 Kates to CAP while sinking five small Dutch xAP, one xAK, AO Tan 1, and a PC. All Allied bombers have been put on alert, including 24 A-26 that just arrived at Makassar from Darwin. The Mini-KB may turn around due to attrition to its strike aircraft, or Steve may elect to continue through the Java Sea and on towards Manado or Kendari. If he does, the Allies may have some chances to strike. There's a very small chance the Mini-KB could go through the Sunda Straits into the Indian Ocean, so I've issued orders to most of my shipping to move away or hold (including most of the transports carrying the Indian brigade nearing Benkolen. Japan has stepped up bombing of the port facility at Singers, so base-building has been halted.

Eastern DEI: O-24 put a TT into a APD north of Kendari. A small IJN CL/DD force sank a picket xAKL near the island chain NW of Darwin.

Luzon: Japan has stepped up bombing at Clark Field, too, so base-building is halted at level four.

Allied Carriers: I wish I had a couple of fleet carriers south of Java, because I could spring a surprise on Steve's occasional forays into the Java Sea. One RN CV is on the way from Aden to Colombo. CVL Hermes is in the IO south of Padang, but I think I will recall her to Ceylon as I don't want to tip off Steve to the possibilities. But the American carriers are weeks away from the theater.

SigInt: More reports that 33rd Div. is bound for Iba and 4th Div. is prepping for Auckiland.

Comparing Progress: Steve is approaching things much differently than did Q-Ball. The question is whether he's found another route to victory, or is just not nearly as aggressive and ambitious. I mean him no slight in saying that I'm leaning toward the latter, though still considering the former. In my game with Q-Ball, Singers was on the ropes by now, Japan already had most of the DEI in hand, and had landed in NE and NW Oz. Within a week of the 20th, Brad was taking Exmouth and landing at New Caledonia. In other words, he was already wrapping up operations in the DEI and vicinity in preparation for moving on India by early March. Unless Steve's plan involves leaping forward somewhere before he has the DEI in hand, he'll be way behind. Even if he ignores eatern Sumatra while focusing on the other areas, he's still got weeks of work ahead of him.

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/4/2011 8:24:44 PM)

1/21/42

Western DEI: The Mini KB, now confirmed to include Ryujo, Hosho, Taiyo, Zuiho and BB Ise, continues east through the Java Sea, sinking a handful of xAKL in the Soerabaja area. One of the small Dutch xAP flushed and scurrying through the Sunda Straits into the Indian Ocean was found and sunk by a sub. Scattered sorties by Allied LBA were ineffective. BB Haruna and CAs Mogami, Ashigara, Maya and Takeo bombarded Singkawang for reasons unknown (more about that in a moment). I think the Mini KB will be getting a tad low on sorties so that Steve will need to replenish. That should give me a window to land the Indian brigade at Benkolen (plus, two TFs carrying two UK brigades is SSE of Padang and only five or six days away from Oosthaven). Oosthaven now at 447 (2.28 forts); Palembang 783 (3.14) and Singapore 877 (stuck at three forts assuming Japan continues the bombing campaign, which it should). I feel fairly confident I'm going to get that Indian brigade and the two Brit brigades into Sumatra, but things are starting to heat up, so getting the following units (another Indian brigade and two Aussie brigades) in may be tougher or impossible. If things get too hot, I'll recall transport TFs.

Eastern DEI: O-24 torpedoed another APD near Kendari.

NoPac: I've divided a transport TF carrying engineers to Attu into two TFs. One will charge to the island, arriving in a day or two, hoping that that Shokaku and Zuikaku have withdrawn. The other TF will wait at a safe distance.

Small Things that me Me Go Hmmmm: IJA 9th Regiment, which has been at Manila for about ten days, took the base today, but it was vacated by the Allies roughly six days ago, suggesting my opponent didn't notice. Also, the bombardment of Singkawang made me scratch my chin. Why? It was as though Steve was looking for something, anything to hit and decided on that base at the last moment. But Singkawang is lightly held and employing a BB there accomplishes nothing except to lower the BBs supply of ammo.

witpqs -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/4/2011 8:51:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Small Things that me Me Go Hmmmm: IJA 9th Regiment, which has been at Manila for about ten days, took the base today, but it was vacated by the Allies roughly six days ago, suggesting my opponent didn't notice. Also, the bombardment of Singkawang made me scratch my chin. Why? It was as though Steve was looking for something, anything to hit and decided on that base at the last moment. But Singkawang is lightly held and employing a BB there accomplishes nothing except to lower the BBs supply of ammo.

In a PBM I have that is now suspended (perhaps permanently) I noticed lots of similar things. Air raids against empty bases, naval bombardments against empty bases, achieving nothing but damaging facilities before IJ's unopposed invasion, and other things that seemed to make no sense. I supposed that some here and there could be due to a miss in attention, but I also wondered if it was just FOW making EHQ uncertain of the presence or absence of my forces?

paullus99 -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/4/2011 9:26:23 PM)

If he keeps dithering about, the next wave of his attacks are going to be a lot more costly. I don't think he expected you to bite back at him so hard in the first couple of weeks (and frankly, you got incredibly lucky as well) - so he's trying to be a lot more methodical (or at least he thinks he is, I suspect). I have a feeling he may be "star-gazing" and not paying attention to the immediate concerns of securing PI, Singapore & the DEI before committing to another major operation.

Time will tell - but you've prepared quite the speed bump for him in the meantime.

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/4/2011 10:12:18 PM)

Yes, I have been extremely lucky. Or, more accurately, luck aided by enemy oversights.

Permit me to recapitulate my luck and Japan's record of woes early in the game: loss of five or six oilers supporting KB to Lexington's bombers (luck aided by enemy exposing them); Japanese invasions of Rabaul and Tulagi get chewed up by Allied combat ships (luck totally due to enemy failure to protect the transports); Allied combat ships tear into transports at Babeldoab (no enemy combat ships present). All of these were essentially pure luck for the Allied with a generous boost by a "negligent" Japan.

There have been a few decent Allied moves, but the only one worth mentioning was in mid December when the Allies committed Force Z against an invasion force bound for Singkawang and protected by a stout combat force. The resulting battle inflicted alot of damage to both sides, but for some reason that begs for an answer, Japan withdrew and hasn't come back yet. Leaving Singkawang/Kuching in Allied hands is possibly the key event thus far. Had Japan taken it and stockpiled the airfield with Zeros and Netties, it would have controlled the Java Sea. I would still transfer units to Palembang by air, but I certainly wouldn't have proceeded with the much larger operation currently underway.

Unless a Japanese player has something really worthwhile up his sleeves, I believe three essential targets at the outset are Singkawang, Ambon, and Kendari.

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/5/2011 2:37:07 PM)

1/22/42 and 1/23/42

Eastern DEI: The Mini-KB remains on station in the Java Sea, just north of Soerabaja.

Western DEI: The advance elements of an Indian brigade are landing at Benkolen with another Indian brig. and two UK brigades just a few days out (and waiting to see if the coast will remain clear of the Mini-KB threat). If I can get a good window to land, Allied strength in eastern Sumatra is going to go up decidedly over the next week. Oosthaven AV is 451 (forts 2.33); Palembang 788 (3.16); and Singapore 886 (3.66).

India: Another UK brigade is loading at Bombay. A newly arrived engineer unit at Madras will report to Cochin in preparation for embarking for Sumatra. 6th Aussie Cav just arrived at Aden, is prepping for Oosthaven, and will board transports for the journey.

China: The Japanese aren't pressing towards Sian - at least not yet. This comes as a surprise. I'm keeping my eye on the Changsha to Kweilin corridor as Steve might concentrate his troops there.

Luzon: Recon reports 33rd Div. ashore at Iba, confirming the previous SigInt and my hunch that it was accurate. I evaluate this as a sign of confusion in the enemy command. Steve seems to have suddenly changed his mind (late) and decided to go all-out for Luzon. Suits me. I'd rather see 33rd there than at Midway or Noumea. Also, it should take him weeks to liquidate Clark Field, keeping some of his focus there rather than on more forward areas.

NoPac: Welcome engineers have begun unloading at Attu Island. No sign of Shokaku and Zuikaku.

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/5/2011 11:31:31 PM)

1/24/42

Eastern DEI: Mini-KB appears to be vacating the Java Sea, moving east and nearing Kendari. CAs Kumano and Suzuya led a TF that tangled with some PT boats at Balikpan, sinking three.

Western DEI: Part of the Indian brigade is ashore at Benkolen, meaning that important base - a portal to land reinforcements - is safe now from para-assault. Oosthaven AV is 459 and Palembang is 788. Three transports TFs are just three or four days away carrying two UK brigades and an Indian brigade prepping for Palembang. Should these units arrive safely - and I believe they will - Palembang's AV will increase to about 1180. Further back and near Ceylon, a TF carrying one Aussie brigade prepping for Palembang and one for Oosthaven is about to be joined by a TF carrying an Indian brigade prepping for Padang. These TFs are probably 10 days to two weeks away. So, in about two weeks eastern Sumatra will truly be a fortress to be reckoned with. I'm working on getting newly-arrived engineer units from Madras and Bombay to Sumatra, but that will take a good three weeks.

Luzon: 4th Division has arrived at Clark Field. This is the final piece of the SigInt puzzle - I've confirmed that the SigInt (re 33rd and 4th Divs.) was accurate, and that my "reading of the tea leaves" was also accurate. I'm getting a better feel (I think) for my opponent. I'm really glad the Allies decided to proceed with the full Fortress Palembang operaiton a couple of weeks ago.

Maginot Line?: So the Allies are building a Maginot Line in eastern Sumatra. At the same time, we have this little "false war" going on in which Japan really isn't pressing forward in earnest. Is Steve about to pull an end run "blitzkrieg" that will render Fortress Palembang irrelevant? I don't think so. If he's looking west (unlikely), he's got to contend with Sumatra and it's going to take him alot of time, units, and effort. If he moves east (Hawaii) or south (Oz or New Zealand), the Allies will counter by further building up Sumatra.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 1:20:32 PM)

I detect a great silence in the Force . . .

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 2:08:42 PM)

Yes, we've entered the Awkward Age! (You ever seen that particular Far Side cartoon?)

Actually, we've reach one of those chain-reaction-delays that seem to interrupt games now and then. Steve told me Tuesday that he'd be pulling two shifts at work on Wednesday and Thursday, thus disrupting his play to some extent. He sent a turn late Tuesday and I flipped one back...only I apparently forgot to actually click the "Send" button. So, for the next two days, I was thinking that the ball was in his court and that he just hadn't time to play. I finally discovered my mistake late yesterday, sent him the turn, and haven't heard from him since. I suspect he'll send a turn today.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 2:19:12 PM)

quote:

Yes, we've entered the Awkward Age! (You ever seen that particular Far Side cartoon?)

Actually, we've reach one of those chain-reaction-delays that seem to interrupt games now and then. Steve told me Tuesday that he'd be pulling two shifts at work on Wednesday and Thursday, thus disrupting his play to some extent. He sent a turn late Tuesday and I flipped one back...only I apparently forgot to actually click the "Send" button. So, for the next two days, I was thinking that the ball was in his court and that he just hadn't time to play. I finally discovered my mistake late yesterday, sent him the turn, and haven't heard from him since. I suspect he'll send a turn today.

See, if you only had a CELL PHONE, you'd be more conversant with technology. [:)]

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 2:28:56 PM)

The whole world is in chains and I am free!

Cribtop -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 3:34:29 PM)

ALWAYS click the SHINY, RED BUTTON!!!!

bradfordkay -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 5:07:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

See, if you only had a CELL PHONE, you'd be more conversant with technology. [:)]

Steve has one and it doesn't help... he just sent Dan's latest turn to me!!!

BTW, like Dan, I am free of electronic leashes...

witpqs -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 5:59:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

ALWAYS click the SHINY, RED BUTTON!!!!

[&:] Never, ever, press the Big Red Button!

(In olden computer days that was the power reset button, and you just didn't reset power to mainframes willy nilly!)

princep01 -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 8:26:36 PM)

The sign in was ZOWEYE...is this the noise a zombie makes if shot in the eye?

All this chat about cell phones makes me smile. In olde days, when I practiced law, I represented telephone companies in case of various sorts. For the longest time, I resisted joining the "cutting edge" of communications and gizmo object worshippers and would not equip myself with a cell phone. You see, I actually like to drive and do not like being badged with complex legal crap while navigating congested freeways. That makes me want to smash my vehicle into the closest telephone pole or truck. I'd much rather practice my closing arguments or argue with the radio talk show wing-nuts. I held out a long time, but the strange stares from my telephone clients went from amused to angry, so I had to relent. I have actually thrown two cell phones out of my vehicle while "chatting" with clients. Now that was fun.

Cribtop -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 9:48:54 PM)

WITPQS,

That was a modified Ren & Stimpy reference...

From an IT perspective, I'd definitely follow your advice. [:D]

witpqs -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 9:58:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

WITPQS,

That was a modified Ren & Stimpy reference...

From an IT perspective, I'd definitely follow your advice. [:D]

I only watched a little Ren & Stimpy. I know what you're thinking: "You IDIOT!" [:D]

A funny story (when you're there). Back in the early 80's we're running an old 36-bit mainframe which lost power and would not power back up. It was fine, technician was on site, and knew that he just needed to press the "Red Reset Button". But he couldn't find it. See, you never powered off those things, and when they lost power the Red Reset Button almost never tripped. So he called this other technician (of course it was maybe 3:00AM) who had a truly legendary memory (quite seriously). And he said, "Oh, you have to press the Red Reset Button."

"I know that, but where is it?"

"Ahhhh..."

It was the most well-hidden part in the whole room-sized beast! [:D]

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/8/2011 10:47:22 PM)

The whole world is in chains....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1374632/Smartphone-cold-turkey-Scientists-prove-youngsters-suffer-gadget-withdrawal.html

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/9/2011 2:29:49 PM)

1/25/42

I think we're back in sync now, so hopefully we'll be turning a turn or two every day.

Eastern DEI: Mini-KB of Hosho and Taiyo is hanging around Makassar. Combat TF including Suzuya and Kumano sank three small Dutch xAP and two xAK near Tarakan. Bettys from Ambon destroyed five A-24 at Makassar. The enemy "weight" in the DEI seems to be here. I'm hoping Steve will move carefully, methodically, to Timor next. The longer he delays in moving on Java and eastern Sumatra, the better. The Allies still control every base on Borneo (this amazes me).

Western DEI: Quiet as the Indian brigade continues to come ashore at Benkolen. Three TFs carrying two UK brigades and an Indian brigade are two or three days away from Oosthaven (these troops all bound for Palembang). Until now, most of the Fortress Sumatra troops came from the DEI. When I sent these new units, I knew I had a few weeks to recall them as they journeyed across the Indian Ocean if things took a turn for the worse in the western DEI, but things look good. So the Allies have crossed the "In for a penny" threshhold and are now "in for a pound."

Burma: Finally, an IJ force is nearing Moulmein.

China: Quiet at the moment.

American Carriers: Lex and Sara are two days from Tahiti to refuel and move on to NZ or Oz. Ent and York trail by two days.

bradfordkay -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/9/2011 4:54:23 PM)

"I think we're back in sync now, so hopefully we'll be turning a turn or two every day."

I'm headed off for the weekend, so enjoy it. But if - after that - you get a couple of turns a day and I get none, I'll be mighty ticked!! In fact, I might not tell him that he sent me your turn unless he promises to send me one of mine!!  [:'(]

Canoerebel -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/9/2011 9:04:39 PM)

1/26/42

Brad: Steve hasn't sent me any of your turns yet; it just seems to work that you get my turns...

Eastern DEI: Small IJN CL/DD force fights with PT boats at Lautem; neither side damaged.

Western DEI: The three reinforcement convoys are just two days out of Oosthaven.

SEAC: The Japanese will have Moulmein within a week and will then push to take Rangoon. I'm moving one of the transports that worked out of Batavia up to Port Blair. I may try to airlift some of the Rangoon garrison to beef up that base. I want to defend forward as much as possible. An Aussie brigade arriving at Aden tomorrow may be shipped to Port Blair. I'm leaving India awfully empty, but the idea is to defend strongly where the enemy doesn't expect it, hoping to slow him down so that the Americans will have time to make India.

Allied "Holds": We're nearing the end of January and the Allies hold Clark Field (Japan now has three divisions there - 4, 33 and 21 - so Steve intends to liquidate this fairly quickly), Singapore (no attacks since Imperial Guards took it on the chin crossing the causeway on January 10); all of Borneo, Makassar, Timor, Java, and eastern Sumatra.

PresterJohn001 -> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! (4/9/2011 11:12:00 PM)

quote:

The whole world is in chains....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1374632/Smartphone-cold-turkey-Scientists-prove-youngsters-suffer-gadget-withdrawal.html

Yeah but you're going to want to check every "fact" in the daily mail cause its like Testicle Stew (Full of Bollocks).

Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI