New Scenario TOE change issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

WilliePete -> New Scenario TOE change issue (2/20/2011 10:48:52 AM)

I've been experimenting with different TOE's for various units in a variation of the main campaign scenario. I having a slight issue as it seems that after turn 1 all my changed TOEs are changing back to its original TOE. For example, I tried to eliminate the 37mm anti-tank gun for my units, replacing them all with 50mm guns, only to see on turn 2 that they have been added back in the TOE. I also tried to add the sdkf 231 in a few different units and again on turn 2 they disappear and I see that it reverts back to the sdkf 221.

Am I missing something? Is it due to production, or the lack there of, and that's the reason why they are reverting back? What can I do? Thanks!

Helpless -> RE: New Scenario TOE change issue (2/20/2011 1:21:25 PM)

More details are required. TOE shouldn't be changing, but some elements can revert back if they can not be produced or if there are a high stock of old equipment.

WilliePete -> RE: New Scenario TOE change issue (2/20/2011 2:58:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

More details are required. TOE shouldn't be changing, but some elements can revert back if they can not be produced or if there are a high stock of old equipment.

well, for starters I removed & replaced the 37 & 47mm anti tank guns with the 50mm version in almost every single German division. That comes out to roughly 72 - 50mm guns in each of the infantry divisions. At the start of turn 2 I noticed that both the 37 & 47mm guns are back in the TOE and the 50mm has been cut back to 6 or 7 guns. As for the armored cars, I swaped out most of the 221's for 231's, putting between 4-6 sdkf 231's in every division, only to find on turn 2 almost all divisions have no 231's at all...

I was under the impression that whatever you add to a unit TOE in the editor is extra inventory overall. That doesn't seem to be the case though. So, for example If I wanted a German army with 6 million men and 40,000 man divisions + 10,000 tanks at the start of Barabarossa by changing all the TOE's, thats not at all possible? What are the limits?

Helpless -> RE: New Scenario TOE change issue (2/20/2011 2:59:58 PM)

If you just change the equipment in the unit itself it won't work. You need to change OB and also take care of ground element starting dates.

WilliePete -> RE: New Scenario TOE change issue (2/20/2011 3:15:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

If you just change the equipment in the unit itself it won't work. You need to change OB and also take care of ground element starting dates.

Ah, ok! So, what I need to do then is load up Generic Data, change the unit OB, then save it? My starting dates are ok with the equipment I'm trying to swap. I think my mistake is that I have been trying to do make my changes directly to the scenario without changing the Generic base data. I've been right-clicking on the units and changing their equipment that way then saving the scenario... So, permanent changes to OB can only be made to the Generic Data? If not then the game will slowly rebuild according to it's Generic OB, correct? I need to make my changes to both the scenario and the generic data...

Helpless -> RE: New Scenario TOE change issue (2/20/2011 3:28:29 PM)

quote:

So, what I need to do then is load up Generic Data, change the unit OB, then save it?

Currently, yes.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI