Question on Supply (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

seaforth7 -> Question on Supply (3/24/2011 5:13:52 PM)

I'm having the hardest time keeping supply at Rangoon, I had built it up to 50,000+ and in 1 turn it dropped to 19,000+. I had no construction going on in Burma, no replacements set on any units and little airwar going on, Japanese haven't even attacked yet so no land combat either. Can someone enlighten me as to what will drop supply that fast? I don't see it happening at any other supply sites,

cheers

Misconduct -> RE: Question on Supply (3/24/2011 5:29:39 PM)

Check how many units you have stationed there, every combat unit needs supplies to function - thus is an upkeep cost, Planes also require supplies, even if they are set to training they draw supplies to fly missions, you would have to set training to 0 in order to keep them grounded without using supplies.

Rangoon is an oddball for me too, first part of 42 it was drawing huge supply demands I couldn't figure out, later half of 42 it seemed to supply itself.

herwin -> RE: Question on Supply (3/24/2011 5:53:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: seaforth7

I'm having the hardest time keeping supply at Rangoon, I had built it up to 50,000+ and in 1 turn it dropped to 19,000+. I had no construction going on in Burma, no replacements set on any units and little airwar going on, Japanese haven't even attacked yet so no land combat either. Can someone enlighten me as to what will drop supply that fast? I don't see it happening at any other supply sites,

cheers

China?

jeffk3510 -> RE: Question on Supply (3/24/2011 6:14:06 PM)

I don't think that much supply goes to China on the Burma Rd or whatever... thought it was very little per day.

Sardaukar -> RE: Question on Supply (3/24/2011 6:47:05 PM)

It can go to China (part of it) or other bases with less than 3x of required supply, that can track supply route. 

Puhis -> RE: Question on Supply (3/24/2011 6:58:23 PM)

poof gone!

That's what it is, trying to supply Rangoon... [&:]

aphrochine -> RE: Question on Supply (3/24/2011 10:22:40 PM)

Burma from the onset is undersupplied.  If you have a/c (AVG maybe) scattered around the various airfields, they increase the required supply.  Given that Burma has a good rail network it's very possible to see a massive bulk of supply get shipped off to the various bases further north to help them meet their supply demand.

Also any LCU's will pull supply from Rangoon pretty sharply, so if you had several LCU's with lesss than 30 days (I think), they will go ahead and top off their organic supply stores.

seaforth7 -> RE: Question on Supply (3/25/2011 1:22:45 AM)

thanks for the replies, I don't see China pulling that much, and certainly the bases with aircraft are not suddenly overloaded with supplies after the 30k worth got drained. I would have thought troops would have pulled supplies from their own bases before they hit Rangoon and if it were related to that wouldn't they pull a little every turn instead of 30k in 1 turn? I guess I'm doing everything I can to keep them up but sure is strange how they disappear,

cheers

Sardaukar -> RE: Question on Supply (3/25/2011 8:15:26 AM)

If you have damaged industry in Burma, those bases try to draw 10k to be able to repair and then use 1k per industry point repaired.

USSAmerica -> RE: Question on Supply (3/25/2011 5:00:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

If you have damaged industry in Burma, those bases try to draw 10k to be able to repair and then use 1k per industry point repaired.

Best suggestion so far.

As the Allied player, you want to turn off repairs for all of the industry in Burma. No sense in spending the supply to repair it just in time for the Japanese player to move in. [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI