Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question on Supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question on Supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question on Supply - 3/24/2011 5:13:52 PM   
seaforth7

I'm having the hardest time keeping supply at Rangoon, I had built it up to 50,000+ and in 1 turn it dropped to 19,000+. I had no construction going on in Burma, no replacements set on any units and little airwar going on, Japanese haven't even attacked yet so no land combat either. Can someone enlighten me as to what will drop supply that fast? I don't see it happening at any other supply sites,

cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Question on Supply - 3/24/2011 5:29:39 PM   
Misconduct

Check how many units you have stationed there, every combat unit needs supplies to function - thus is an upkeep cost, Planes also require supplies, even if they are set to training they draw supplies to fly missions, you would have to set training to 0 in order to keep them grounded without using supplies.

Rangoon is an oddball for me too, first part of 42 it was drawing huge supply demands I couldn't figure out, later half of 42 it seemed to supply itself.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to seaforth7)
Post #: 2
RE: Question on Supply - 3/24/2011 5:53:21 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: seaforth7

I'm having the hardest time keeping supply at Rangoon, I had built it up to 50,000+ and in 1 turn it dropped to 19,000+. I had no construction going on in Burma, no replacements set on any units and little airwar going on, Japanese haven't even attacked yet so no land combat either. Can someone enlighten me as to what will drop supply that fast? I don't see it happening at any other supply sites,

cheers

China?

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to seaforth7)
Post #: 3
RE: Question on Supply - 3/24/2011 6:14:06 PM   
jeffk3510

I don't think that much supply goes to China on the Burma Rd or whatever... thought it was very little per day.

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 4
RE: Question on Supply - 3/24/2011 6:47:05 PM   
Sardaukar

It can go to China (part of it) or other bases with less than 3x of required supply, that can track supply route. 

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 5
RE: Question on Supply - 3/24/2011 6:58:23 PM   
Puhis

poof gone!

That's what it is, trying to supply Rangoon...

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 6
RE: Question on Supply - 3/24/2011 10:22:40 PM   
aphrochine

Burma from the onset is undersupplied.  If you have a/c (AVG maybe) scattered around the various airfields, they increase the required supply.  Given that Burma has a good rail network it's very possible to see a massive bulk of supply get shipped off to the various bases further north to help them meet their supply demand.

Also any LCU's will pull supply from Rangoon pretty sharply, so if you had several LCU's with lesss than 30 days (I think), they will go ahead and top off their organic supply stores.

VMF-422 fanboy
Grog Virgin fanboy

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 7
RE: Question on Supply - 3/25/2011 1:22:45 AM   
seaforth7

thanks for the replies, I don't see China pulling that much, and certainly the bases with aircraft are not suddenly overloaded with supplies after the 30k worth got drained. I would have thought troops would have pulled supplies from their own bases before they hit Rangoon and if it were related to that wouldn't they pull a little every turn instead of 30k in 1 turn? I guess I'm doing everything I can to keep them up but sure is strange how they disappear,

cheers

(in reply to seaforth7)
Post #: 8
RE: Question on Supply - 3/25/2011 8:15:26 AM   
Sardaukar

If you have damaged industry in Burma, those bases try to draw 10k to be able to repair and then use 1k per industry point repaired.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to seaforth7)
Post #: 9
RE: Question on Supply - 3/25/2011 5:00:37 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

If you have damaged industry in Burma, those bases try to draw 10k to be able to repair and then use 1k per industry point repaired.

Best suggestion so far.

As the Allied player, you want to turn off repairs for all of the industry in Burma. No sense in spending the supply to repair it just in time for the Japanese player to move in.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question on Supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI