SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support

MemoryLeak -> SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 3:58:57 PM)

I purchased the sownload about 15 minutes ago. I clicked on the download link and and selected save. it has been at least 10 minutes and it is still at zero percent downloaded. I am at work at a government facility and we have an extremely fast network. At this rate I will have to put the game in my will so my kids can play it.
Is Matrix having download problems?

Tac2i -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 4:02:42 PM)

Hmmm, restrictions by your IT Department on downloads? Proxy issue? Firewall issue?

MemoryLeak -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 4:12:54 PM)

I am the I.T. Department. Now I clicked cancel and now I am getting this message

"Cannot download

This product is no longer available for download, this may be due to the maximum number of allowed attempts exceeded or the allotted time.
Please contact the manufacturer of the product for support. "

Andrew Loveridge -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 4:28:42 PM)

Not sure why it was stalled, it should only take about 6 min on a high speed connection.  Post your order number and I will investigate, and re-activate your download link.

Best Regards,
Andrew

MemoryLeak -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 4:39:14 PM)

Hi. Here is my order number...58384462.

hadberz -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 5:18:45 PM)

I'm downloading from Afghanistan, so far it's been fairly fast. 

Husker50 -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 6:29:08 PM)

I had the same problem and got the same result. Cannot download.
My order number is 58380998.
When I looked up problems in the Helpdesk section it said that to download I should
TURN OFF ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE AND ALL FIREWALL SOFTWARE.
Are you insane? No one should have to do this to download anything at any time.

MemoryLeak -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 7:23:33 PM)

Any update when you can reset whatever you need to reset and I can download the application?

Andrew Loveridge -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 7:33:45 PM)

I have reactivated both links. 
The downloads links should have been active for 14 days and ten attempts, this has been fixed for this release. 
Let me know if there are any other issues.

Best Regards,
Andrew

MemoryLeak -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 7:39:19 PM)

it is getting worse.link doesn't work. And when I click on it kicks me out of my email.

Johnus -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 7:45:57 PM)

Downloaded last night and it was fast, no problems. Installation took a while.

MemoryLeak -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 7:47:46 PM)

What a hassle for a damn game. Sorry, but I have no patience for this stuff. I just forwarded the GMAIL email with the link in it to my agency account. We use Outlook. I was able to start the download from there. JEEZE.

Anyway, thanks.

MemoryLeak -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 9:12:51 PM)

I tried installing the game. It starts installing then part way through the process i start getting error messages. "a decompression error has occurred, ABORT, RETRY or IGNORE." Great. So I chose IGNORE, and then another one came up, I chose IGNORE again, then another one pops up....

No game on earth is worth this kind of continuous frustration. Can I get a refund and we part friends?

Tac2i -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 9:37:23 PM)

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Being an IT guy you know that sometimes downloads can get corrupted. Anyway, hope that either you get the game installed/working or that you get the refund you requested.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MemoryLeak

I tried installing the game. It starts installing then part way through the process i start getting error messages. "a decompression error has occurred, ABORT, RETRY or IGNORE." Great. So I chose IGNORE, and then another one came up, I chose IGNORE again, then another one pops up....

No game on earth is worth this kind of continuous frustration. Can I get a refund and we part friends?

MemoryLeak -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 9:51:53 PM)

That's true. Packet corruption or loss is a possibility. I don't know why all of the corrupt files would have the extension "png. "
You'd think there would be some kind of checksum to allow verification of the data.

In any case i will try it one more time, but lets keep in mind the definition for insanity...

Erik Rutins -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 10:20:22 PM)

Hi Memoryleak,

It sounds like there's a problem with your connection to our servers. Please see the advice here as well. A download manager may help. A different browser or downloading at a different time may also help.

http://www.matrixgames.com/support/faq.asp?id=11

The file on our server is fine and we do have plenty of bandwidth here.

Regards,

- Erik

MemoryLeak -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 10:25:04 PM)

Thank you Erik. i am going to try it. I'm 62 and I don't have as much tolerance as I use to. I will let you know how it goes.

Erik Rutins -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 10:27:42 PM)

I understand and I hope it works fine for you today! Please keep us posted. We can also try sending you a separate static link if all else fails.

Regards,

- Erik

Josh -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 10:58:47 PM)

PNG stands for Portable Network Graphics, short for the graphic files Vic included in the game. Don't know why they should be corrupted, sure sucks. Hope you get things sorted out.

MemoryLeak -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/13/2011 11:13:27 PM)

OKAY...I forwarded the download link from my GMAIL account over to my Outlook account, disabled Symantec Endpoint Protection, downloaded it a second time, installed on a different computer, and it "worked", sort of. Since I don't know the game I was clicking around on the map, changing screens, looking at graphs and... it locked up. Oh well...

I am putting the computer down and backing away slowly... Maybe tomorrow....

Fintilgin -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/14/2011 12:23:50 AM)

I'm also getting miserable connection speeds. Can't seem to get faster then 14 to 20 kps. Seems to slow down as I go. I've been at 2 1/2 hours to completion for nearly an hour. I've tried reconnecting to the server a few times, but no luck.

As far as I can tell it's not my connection, as I checked other sites and my speed is fine.

Kinda frustrating. :(

Erik Rutins -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/14/2011 2:05:56 AM)

Fintilgin,

Where are you connecting from and on what kind of connection?

Regards,

- Erik

Fintilgin -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/14/2011 2:25:14 AM)

Connecting from Maine on a DSL connection. Usually my download speed caps out at ~ 360kbs or so.

No problems grabbing a mod for a Paradox game while this download trundles along at 14kbs. That downloaded in a couple minutes at ~280kbs.

Only got 40 minutes left now, hope I don't drop my connection. It's a weird issue, I haven't seen speeds like this with any other downloads in ages.

EDIT: Using Firefox, but I tried it through Chrome and IE too, just for the hell of it. No difference.

Erik Rutins -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/14/2011 2:35:03 AM)

Hi Fintilgin,

Very odd, no issues with download speed on a test download to Vermont. If you want to investigate further, please e-mail me your IP address to erikr@matrixgames.com and I'll see if the store can figure out why the path from your system to our server is so slow this evening. I know that downloads in general are working fine and our store servers have plenty of extra bandwidth.

Regards,

- Erik

Fintilgin -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/14/2011 2:42:16 AM)

Went ahead and sent an email, although obviously it won't affect my current download. Speed has slowed down again. I'm still at forty minutes. :p

Fintilgin -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/14/2011 3:19:10 AM)

Finally finished.

No time to dig into it tonight, but I should be able to give it a look.

Crinshaw -> RE: SHOULD IT BE THIS SLOW? (4/14/2011 3:41:58 AM)

I am having the same problem. Simply not downloading. I have never had a problem with a Matrix purchase before, and I have several games. I have no connection or network problems and although it is against my better judgment, I have disabled my virus checker and firewall. What gives?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI