Do the developers really exist ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series

Wolfe1759 -> Do the developers really exist ? (6/5/2011 7:43:38 PM)

I know this has come up more than once before but the complete lack of any developer support, in the main forum or more particularly in the Tech Support forum is highly disappointing given my prior experience with almost every other Matrix game I own.

There was a comment in mid May by Obsolete that "for the record, the developers are in the middle of discussing what to include in the next release." so I assume they do actually exist. Also the 1.01 Beta was released, though again it has been over a month since this happened and no further info on progress.

I do think CC is a great game and I'm still glad I bought it, it also has had some excellent contributions to it made by the community here, map graphics and player manual to name two that stand out, however the lack of official support given Matrix's prior track record in this area is lamentable.

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/5/2011 9:48:22 PM)

+1

PirateJock -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/5/2011 9:49:57 PM)

It would be nice to find if there are any plans for the future ... or even an acknowledgement from the Developers they are/are not discussing what to do next.

I'm a big boy so I won't cry if there isn't anything in the pipeline, it'd just be nice to know.

Cheers

Max 86 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/5/2011 9:59:49 PM)

Combat Command does seem to be the unloved stepchild of the Matrix stable. Why, I have no idea. [8|]

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/5/2011 10:43:47 PM)

They don't want it to take away from the big boys. [;)]

Max 86 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/5/2011 11:15:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

They don't want it to take away from the big boys. [;)]

Thats probably true but it would still be nice to know what if any are the plans for the future. Either way I will be playing this one for awhile.

Wolfe1759 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/5/2011 11:40:34 PM)

For me it is not so much what's the next release or plans for the future of the "series" it is more sorting out some mainly minor bugs and clarification of the rules so that we know if what is happening is a bug or the reason it happens the way it does.

Even with no further official expansions I think CC has at least as much potential for mod / community development in adding additional scenarios and graphic mods as any game in the Matrix stable. The scenario editor makes it easier to make scenarios than Advanced Tactics, Battlefield Academy, JTCS or probably any other game that Matrix publish and it is ideal for the conversion of classic board game scenarios. Even I feel I can have a go at it and I've never modded a game in my life.

However the best route to an active and productive fan base is active engagement by the designers and developers and this just isn't happening so I fear that CC may (and I know it is early days, at least for the Matrix version) wither on the vine which would be a great shame.

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/6/2011 12:44:57 AM)

+1

Erik usually posts several times, about how he is happy that you are enjoying the game, and thanks for all the compliments. Nothing like that here. Just us old wargamers, shouting in the wind. (at least I'm old anyway)

Magpius -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/6/2011 3:38:57 AM)

Couldnt agree more.
Look for the moderator's list on most games here... they list authors/ developers.
Command Ops.: Arjuna
AT: Vic
TOW+SOP: Doomtrader etc...
Harpoon: Tony E, Darren B.
etc.
This is a brilliant game, but it does feel as though we are left pissing into the wind on this issue.

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/6/2011 4:11:38 AM)

I looked at the editor finally. It is so simple to use even "I" could design something. It really is something.

I don't get the no support for this title, or no developer. What is it, some kind of quick cash cow for them or something? Erik could tell us, hey were not supporting the title and the developer is not going to show up, so we could just move on...

PirateJock -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/6/2011 9:08:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wolfe
However the best route to an active and productive fan base is active engagement by the designers and developers and this just isn't happening so I fear that CC may (and I know it is early days, at least for the Matrix version) wither on the vine which would be a great shame.

That's my concern as well.

Also can't get my head around why release a game and then from Day 1, apart from the PBEM patch (still in Beta) .... Nothing! Is this a new business model?

Obsolete does a good job with respect to the playtesting/background of the game/sharing his knowledge but I don't think he is able to make changes/improvements.

Cheers

Erik Rutins -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/6/2011 1:41:46 PM)

Hi guys,

I'm sorry we've been quiet. The developer does exist and we are working on finishing the first update. I hope to have more news for you all soon, but CCME is a supported release.

Regards,

- Erik

PirateJock -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/6/2011 1:59:24 PM)

Hi Erik

Thanks for the response and certainly looking forward to hearing what's planned for the future.

Cheers

LarryP -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/6/2011 2:29:04 PM)

Check the developer interaction in Horse and Musket forum Boku Strategy Games.

Different from here.

Chackal -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/6/2011 6:10:02 PM)

I really like this game and would appreciate some information from the developers about its future

Max 86 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/6/2011 6:31:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chackal

I really like this game and would appreciate some information from the developers about its future

Me too! Also, like Wolfe said, we need the developers to clarify some basic gameplay issues that are poorly explained in the manual. I tried to go to Boku games website and was re-directed to Matrix' homepage so I guess there is no Boku games anymore which begs the question from Matrix...who in the Matrix organization is responsible for the future development of the game and who can answer some gameplay questions?

LarryP -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/6/2011 6:57:17 PM)

I just tried the Boku link too and got redirected back to the Matrix main page. [&:]

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/7/2011 12:18:45 AM)

CCME? or CCDF? Or is that a new game we can look forward too? [;)]

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/7/2011 12:21:40 AM)

Oh yeah forgot to add, and keep my post count up, a big thanks Erik for getting back to us.

This game deserves to survive if it can get a little more love from Matrix.

PirateJock -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/7/2011 9:18:10 AM)

quote:

CCME? or CCDF?

No, you going to have to give me a hint sabre

Cheers

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/7/2011 1:24:08 PM)

LOL

Wolfe1759 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/7/2011 11:06:37 PM)

Erik - thanks for the reply, looking forward to the first update.

Magpius -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/7/2011 11:30:06 PM)

okay so there's an update in the wings...
Does this person have a name who may like to contribute to the forum?
or is this
a)- designed by committee
b)- worked on by matrix staff hacks
c)- code farmed out to India or Pakistan
d)- a room full of monkeys, not typing Shakespeare.
e)- the work experience kid that accidently posted this game, went back to school.
[:'(]
CCME this one
CCDF Combat Command Danger Forward(?)

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/8/2011 1:38:28 AM)

We are such a demanding bunch. [:D]

junk2drive -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/8/2011 1:50:05 AM)

quote:

I think I am one of those but not for this game.

LarryP -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/8/2011 1:56:22 AM)

quote:

We are such a demanding bunch. [:D]

Speak for myself. [:D]

PirateJock -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/8/2011 8:14:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

quote:

I think I am one of those but not for this game.

Is that good or bad J2D? And nice distancing move [;)]

Cheers

PirateJock -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/8/2011 8:20:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S
[:'(]
CCME this one
CCDF Combat Command Danger Forward(?)

Oh! so that's what I'm playing.

Just wondering if anyone here played Danger Forward - I'm taking it as given that Obsolete did and Junk2Drive(?) but did anybody else? Or do we tend to be Combat Command virgins? I am [8D]

Cheers

spelk -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/8/2011 11:27:19 AM)

I thought CCDF was incorporated into CCME.

Max 86 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/8/2011 1:32:58 PM)

I never played any of the previous versions. I popped my cherry in Heraklion...I think there is a song in that![:D]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI