FlammpanzerII (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

frekk -> FlammpanzerII (11/10/2002 3:32:14 PM)

I'm a bit new. But nonetheless - it didn't take me long to figure out the Flammpanzer is the most useful unit for the Germans. In thick smoke which you lay down at the line of battle, all your other units become nothing more than recon and fodder; the Flammpanzers come in at the end of your turn when the enemy's wasted all of his opportunity fire except machine guns, and administer the coup de grace to each and every unit in the fog. I was totally shocked when I started using them on T-34's and discovered about half the time (more like 75%), it will take it out, crew and all, at point blank range. They'll even take out MG nests, bunkers etc. Of course they slaughter infantry. As for laying down the smoke, this is often unnecessary. Half the time the enemy will do it for you, when the infantry flee the flames. Two thumbs up for the Flammpanzer.

Figmo -> (11/11/2002 8:41:54 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jleknes
[B]Flamethrower tanks :D
They wreck havoc on everything they meet.....
Pop smoke, send in a few scouts and let the mobile grill bars sort em out! [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with the flame tanks - they take out even the most stubbern units - quick.

I prefer the the German Flamepanzer II over all others because it has 2 shots each time - very deadly.

stevemk1a -> (11/11/2002 10:20:28 AM)

I like the German Flammwagen halftrack. It's got two flamethrowers and a lot of movement points. It's weakness is thin armour, but flame vehicles are best used to wipe out already pinned or routed soft targets, so armour isn't a factor unless you make a mistake ... flame vehicles (and also multi barrel AA vehicles) are often the difference between an opponent's squad just taking a couple of casualties or being totally wiped out :D . Just remember to save some movement to bravely run away... ;)

11Bravo -> Throwaway ATG's (11/11/2002 10:19:27 PM)

I play American usually. I always get three 3" ATG's and HT's to pull them around. These get recklessly rushed to some out of the way location with a nice view, preferably off to the flanks or even in the enemy rear. Sometimes some recon and an FO come along for a picnic. I like the guns a little spread out, but all sharing the same field of fire. The halftracks also share the view.

This little force then becomes a sideshow that can't be ignored. It draws enemy artillary which keeps my infantry happy. It becomes unsuppressed at just the wrong time for enemy armor. All those MG's make taking the position out painful for infantry. Those attractive halftracks attract armor away from better things, and exposes them to concentrated ATG fire. The FO and recon usually find something interesting to do too.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI