RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

sabre1 -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/14/2011 3:47:23 AM)

Breakfast: 2 16 oz mugs of Irish breakfast black tea with 1/2 cup of 2% milk, 8 whole dried apricots, 2 teaspoons Carlsons Fish Oil, 1 Tablespoon Flax Oil, 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese, glass of OJ.

Lunch: Crystal Light Peach Tea.

Dinner: 1 cup Lima Beans, with 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon dried red chili pepper. After dinner either 1 or two cups of coffee/tea for desert with 1/4 cup of 2% milk, 2 teaspoons of honey or surgar.

Bon apetit!

I just felt the need to quell all this enthusiasm. (Yes that is what I eat)

wodin -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/14/2011 10:16:53 AM)

My god...Peach tea? Never realised we had such a bunch of fairies on here...Only joking...

Josh -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/14/2011 2:55:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

Breakfast: 2 16 oz mugs of Irish breakfast black tea with 1/2 cup of 2% milk, 8 whole dried apricots, 2 teaspoons Carlsons Fish Oil, 1 Tablespoon Flax Oil, 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese, glass of OJ.

Dinner: 1 cup Lima Beans, with 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon dried red chili pepper. After dinner either 1 or two cups of coffee/tea for desert with 1/4 cup of 2% milk, 2 teaspoons of honey or surgar.

Bon apetit!

You're serious? Good lord man how come you ain't dead yet? [;)] With a diet that strict I'd lose a kilo per day, honestly.
(although having said that, beans, fish and flax oil, apricots, nonfat cottage cheese... it's all A+ in my opinion, it's just not enough calories for me, I burn a *lot* more)

andym -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/14/2011 4:50:29 PM)

Good God man.go and get yourself a soda farl with thick bacon and black pudding!

sabre1 -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/15/2011 6:13:08 AM)

Well,

I'm 58, 6'1" 185 lbs. I wrestled in HS and College 178 lb class, and always maintained a good healthy lifestyle.

Food is just sustenance. Being able to still do more than most, priceless. [:D][;)]

Of course playing wargames PBEM, I'm constantly stomped on. Keeps me humble.

So I return the topic back to the galloping food gourmets.

ilovestrategy -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/15/2011 6:47:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

My god...Peach tea? Never realised we had such a bunch of fairies on here...Only joking...

Sweet Tea here. A man's drink fit for the gods.

Phatguy -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/15/2011 8:44:34 AM)

Well, he is from California[:D]....That explains his "alternative" food diet...I couldnt live without my Italian food....... And i'm not even Italian....
If I was on a diet like that i'd would lose a bunch of weight, dry up and blow away.....No thanks....I'll keep to my svelte 300+......

I'd probably have to take up smoking again...Just to have some flavor in my diet

ilovestrategy -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/15/2011 10:34:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker

Well, he is from California[:D]....That explains his "alternative" food diet...I couldnt live without my Italian food....... And i'm not even Italian....
If I was on a diet like that i'd would lose a bunch of weight, dry up and blow away.....No thanks....I'll keep to my svelte 300+......

I'd probably have to take up smoking again...Just to have some flavor in my diet

Oh you should have seen the California folks here freak when I made and drank sweet tea here and when I described Southern food. They about fell over when I told them about covering rice with gravy. [:D]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/15/2011 10:44:48 PM)

Galloping gourmet ? That rigs a distant bell. Title of an old tv show, correct ?

quote:

Well,

I'm 58, 6'1" 185 lbs. I wrestled in HS and College 178 lb class, and always maintained a good healthy lifestyle.

Food is just sustenance. Being able to still do more than most, priceless. [:D][;)]

Of course playing wargames PBEM, I'm constantly stomped on. Keeps me humble.

So I return the topic back to the galloping food gourmets.

nelmsm1 -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/16/2011 10:34:37 PM)

quote:

Bon apetit!

Goodness! I'd just as soon die of clogged arteries at 55 then live to 80 if that was all I had to eat.

sabre1 -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/18/2011 12:55:51 AM)

That's correct Jeffery! Only guys my age would remember that show.

sabre1 -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/18/2011 1:01:39 AM)

nelmsm,

I go backpacking and many other outdoor pursuits, which for me represents "my" quality of life.

Bon apetit gentlemen.

andym -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/18/2011 4:30:47 PM)

I do beleive that "The Gallponing Gourmet" was presented by a Brit called Grahame Kerr.I beleive his "Spotted Dick" caused quite a stir.

sol_invictus -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/18/2011 10:50:35 PM)

I just love my Mom's fried chicken, spoon bread, cornbread, lentil soup, and beef stew. That is what I grew up on and at 46 and 6ft tall I weigh in at 125 lbs. When left to my own devices I eat a very bland and spartan diet. Lots of whole grains and no refined carbs and average about 1500 calories per day. Except for one cup of cappaccino in the morning I only drink filtered water. Well I do drink beer when gaming. Spaten and Bass. yum.

planner 3 -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/19/2011 4:25:31 AM)

Food..Having grown up during the Depression years I never was hungry now I'd like to have a bowl of French Canadian pea soup or Red bean and Barley soup, Fresh harvested, steamed clams, Rye bread and butter with corn-on-the cob on the side, and now that I'm old enough a cold homebrewed beer to wash it all down. See it wasn't all bad then.

ilovestrategy -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/19/2011 9:04:23 AM)

Chicken Fried Steak with hash browns and and scrambled eggs covered with sausage gravy and pancakes on the side. Now that's a man's breakfast! [&o]

andym -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/19/2011 4:21:58 PM)

Whats sausage gravy when its at home?

Josh -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/20/2011 2:05:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: planner 3

Food..Having grown up during the Depression years I never was hungry now I'd like to have a bowl of French Canadian pea soup or Red bean and Barley soup, Fresh harvested, steamed clams, Rye bread and butter with corn-on-the cob on the side, and now that I'm old enough a cold homebrewed beer to wash it all down. See it wasn't all bad then.

Wow, you're not kidding. I was planning to ask you *which* Depression; the 30's, the 80's or the current one. I checked your profile first though... the thirties!
You have my respect sir.

planner 3 -> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. (10/20/2011 4:52:19 PM)

Josh Thank you, In a few years I'll be a senior antique.[:D]

Josh when I joined this forum it was done not in DOS but Cuniforme, My comp serial number was in Roman numerals, and we had leaded windows, download was done by Camel express, and Bill Gates was in grammar school. [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI