RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/5/2012 12:34:07 AM)

Turn 204

Overall
The mud is back (as expected), and the number of attacks we are able to make drop to 7, resulting in 1 held, 4 retreat, 1 rout and 1 surrender. Losses are about 1:1;
Axis : 56.000 troops and 119 AFVs
USSR : 62.000 troops and 154 AFVs

Units
No less than 3 FBs and 17 TACs are sent to the reserves. AA is deadly to low level attacking planes it seems.
Our forces on the ground claim a growth of 45.000 troops this turn.

Pools
112.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool this turn, ending it at 339.
Vehicle pool : 235.078.
Armaments pool : 972.687.

Units destroyed
the German 25th Panzer Division, 48th Infantry Division and 121st Volksgrenadier Division all surrender to our valiant forces this turn.

Partisans
4 units retreat, leaving 14 on the map. These 14 units then manage 7 sabotague missions this turn.

Wondering
With the HQ effect from the latest patch, should I or should I not build more armies?? I am thinking no at the moment simply because the game is soon over, and Axis strength is low, so the negative modifier should not hit as hard now as it would in -43 and -44.

[image]local://upfiles/11504/3F6E456B413947FF94F76BD5A52B7549.jpg[/image]

Tophat1815 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/5/2012 1:55:17 AM)

Might be no cigar in making that encirclement work this past turn but looks like you are going to be pulling a korsun pocket like affair out of the deal. Then if the axis tries to bash a corridor open to free trapped units the troop and equipment losses will thin him further. You just saw him write-off some 750 Afv's he can't loose like that without thin panzer divisions. Go get Em!

Tophat1815 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/5/2012 1:57:39 AM)

Have another pic of the southern front situation available?

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/5/2012 2:47:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

Might be no cigar in making that encirclement work this past turn but looks like you are going to be pulling a korsun pocket like affair out of the deal. Then if the axis tries to bash a corridor open to free trapped units the troop and equipment losses will thin him further. You just saw him write-off some 750 Afv's he can't loose like that without thin panzer divisions. Go get Em!

Will do my best [:D]

Terje

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/5/2012 2:48:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

Have another pic of the southern front situation available?

Something like this?

Picture taken at the start of my turn, so had to mark movement and attacks from memory.

[image]local://upfiles/11504/BB861C1E0B6D4E2AB35A865F20EBB2BA.jpg[/image]

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/6/2012 7:30:39 AM)

Turn 205

Overall
The mud is gone, and the Axis make an attack against one of our stacks, forcing it to retreat. As payback, we launch a total of 73 attacks, scoring 12 held, 56 retreats, 4 routs and 1 shatter this turn. More importantly, we force the Kerch-straight, which should mean that Sevastopol might be liberated soon. When Sevastopol is liberated, we will need to look at the possibility of landing some guys on the Rumanian border by an amphibious assault.
Losses are fair to high on both sides;
Axis : 125.000 troops and 441 AFVs
USSR : 109.000 troops and 521 AFVs.

Units
1 F and 3 TACs are sent to the reserves this turn. Our ground forces record a net loss of 7.000 troops this turn.

Pools
105.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool ending it at 5.089.
Vehicle pool : 226.821.
Armaments pool : 985.765.

Units destroyed
The 4th Rumanian Mountain Division is destroyed this turn.

Partisans
3 units retreat, leaving 18 on the map. Our guys manage 5 sabotague missions this turn.

[image]local://upfiles/11504/F5552C0F7BE94E6C9E24DDAA05412ABC.jpg[/image]

Q-Ball -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/6/2012 8:44:17 PM)

Good AAR as always! All those routed Germans, looks like he is finally collapsing. A bit late for you though, I still think he is going to win a minor victory at least, maybe a bigger one.

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/6/2012 8:47:17 PM)

Turn 206

Apologies
Forgot to check my pool this turn.

Overall
Mud again, so ww only managed 7 attacks, scoring 2 held and 5 retreat. Losses were light;
Axis : 34.000 troops and 102 AFVs
USSR : 69.000 troops and 181 AFVs

Units
1 LB and 7 TACs are sent to reserves this turn.

Partisans
6 units are chased away, leaving 14 on the map. Our guys perform a lousy 2 sabotage missions.

[image]local://upfiles/11504/FB220C1399C34BAC979CF16850DFD015.jpg[/image]

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/6/2012 8:48:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Good AAR as always! All those routed Germans, looks like he is finally collapsing. A bit late for you though, I still think he is going to win a minor victory at least, maybe a bigger one.

Thank you. Yes, time is running out too fast, but nevertheless our digital men will do their best to the last [:)]

Terje

Q-Ball -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/6/2012 9:25:34 PM)

Question: How close attention have you been paying to leadership at the Front level?

I don't like you leader choices, unless you have had alot of leader losses. Some high admin guys I don't see there:

Zhukov
Konev
Rokossovsky
Bagramyan
Malinovsky
Vatutin
Vasilevsky
Golikov

.....among others, but off the top of my head, any one of these guys would make a better Front commander than the lot you have. Of your Front commanders, the only ones I like are:

Shaposhnikov
Tolbukhin
Purkaev
Timoshenko

maybe Tyulenev, but he is a borderline front commander

Popov and Reiter are OK only if some other guys are dead

For god sakes, Budyenney should not be leading STAVKA. The only thing he would rate highly in is "Mustache".

Where are all your best Red Army commanders?

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/7/2012 3:58:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

1. Question: How close attention have you been paying to leadership at the Front level?

2. I don't like you leader choices, unless you have had alot of leader losses. Some high admin guys I don't see there:

Zhukov
Konev
Rokossovsky
Bagramyan
Malinovsky
Vatutin
Vasilevsky
Golikov

.....among others, but off the top of my head, any one of these guys would make a better Front commander than the lot you have. Of your Front commanders, the only ones I like are:

Shaposhnikov
Tolbukhin
Purkaev
Timoshenko

maybe Tyulenev, but he is a borderline front commander

Popov and Reiter are OK only if some other guys are dead

3. For god sakes, Budyenney should not be leading STAVKA. The only thing he would rate highly in is "Mustache".

4. Where are all your best Red Army commanders?

1. Not much really, when I could use the increased rating I had to build units with my points to have something to fill the gaps in my front left by the Axis, and at the time if I changed a general, Stalin would fire/execute him 5 turns later, or he would be killed in an Axis attack.

2. All of those are used/dead. Zhukov has the "light brown" front, some of them are dead.

3. True, but WHAT a Mustache :) He was placed there as the original leader was ordered to take command of a front (as Stavka was so overloaded at the time it would not make any rolls with the exceptions in weeks with 4 sundays)

4. They are all in use, but remember that some of my fronts were never intended to be a highly efficient fighting force, but rather an Axis-stopper. So alot of generals were (in my mind) better utilized as HQ (front and subordinate) commanders in the "important" fronts.
And then there are those killed by the Axis and Stalin as well ofc.

Terje

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/7/2012 4:04:52 AM)

Turn 207

Overall
The Axis fall back every where from the northern edge of the Pripjet and southwards, some places up to 6 hexes. Nevertheless we close the gap, and manage a total of 79 attacks, scoring 10 held, 60 retreat, 7 rout and 2 surrender. A "fun fact" - the Rumanians are now the HARDEST Axis (save the Fins) troops to rout....
Losses are once more medium on our side and heavy on the Axis side;
Axis : 113.000 troops and 574 AFVs
USSR : 83.000 troops and 441 AFVs.

Units
1 FB, 2LB and 8 TACs are sent to the reserves this turn. Our ground forces creport a growth of 27.000 troops.

Dead generals
Executed;
Ionov, Kopets, Korobkov,Oborin, Proskurov, Ptukhin, Shakht
Killed in Action;
Alekseev, Baronov, Cherevichenko, Chernyakhovsky, Chibisov, Danilov, Eremenko, Falakeev, Fedyuninsky, Garnov, Gerasimenko, Karpezo, Khatskilevish, Kirponos, Konev, Kuznetsov, Loginov, Meretskov, Muzychenko, Nikitin, Polynin, Rudenko, Ryabyshev, Smirnov, Sokolov A., Sokolov I., Usenko, Vasilevsky, Vatutin, Yushkevich.

Pools
104.000 workers arrive in the manpower pool this turn, ending it at 2.949.
Vehicle pool : 232.868.
Armaments pool : 986.600.

Liberation
The Hammer and Scicle once more wave over Krivoi Rog.

Units destroyed
The Fuhrer Begleit Panzer Division, the 21st Panzer Division, the 24th Panzer Division, the 68th Infantry Division, the 2/231st Infantry Division, and the 2/221st Infantry Division are all destroyed this turn.

Partisans
2 units retreat, leaving 15 active units on the map. Our guys manage 5 sabotague missions this turn.

[image]local://upfiles/11504/ED0F925AFE6847BB9037C483521B3494.jpg[/image]

randallw -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/7/2012 5:45:13 AM)

Ohhh too bad about 21st Panzer; it survived Normanday to die on your virtual Eastern Front.

Getting Germans to rout is a good accomplishment.

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/8/2012 5:57:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: randallw

Ohhh too bad about 21st Panzer; it survived Normanday to die on your virtual Eastern Front.

Getting Germans to rout is a good accomplishment.

Well, it is fun for sure, but I am not making enough headway I am afraid, but we will try to take out as many Germans as possible!

Terje

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/8/2012 6:02:36 AM)

Turn 208

Apologies
I forgot to count the ammount of attacks this turn.

Overall
The Axis fall back once more, and we are now at the edge of the Pripjet marshes. Due to the long Axis retreat, we are unable to launch as many attacks as we would like, and as such, losses are light;
Axis : 68.000 troops and 192 AFVs
USSR : 75.000 troops and 395 AFVs.

Units
1 FB and 5 TACs are sent to the reserves. Our forces claim a net growth of 36.000 troops this turn.

Pools
112.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool, so it ends at 5.673.
Vehicle pool : 239.370.
Armaments pool : 980.493.

Units destroyed
The 23rd SS Panzergrenadier Division, the 35th SS Grenadier Division, the 541st Volksgrenadier Division, the 216th Volksgrenadier Division and the 3/444th Infantry Division are sent to Siberia this week.

Partisans
5 units retreat, leaving 11 on the map, of which 3 are now behind our lines. the active partisans perform 7 sabotague missions this turn.

[image]local://upfiles/11504/127A68636D2E4629AC355D9DB69960D2.jpg[/image]

randallw -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/8/2012 9:29:52 AM)

The best way getting through the marshes is with cavalry.

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/8/2012 5:42:25 PM)

quote:

The best way getting through the marshes is with cavalry.

Well, since there are no VPs there, I am thinking of bypassing them allltogether really, just push north and south of them.

Terje

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/9/2012 7:18:46 AM)

Turn 209

Game patched again.

Overall
Mother Russia does not realize that we are on the OFFENCE now, and gives us....mud...
We are only able to close ranks with the Axis again and perform 10 attacks scoring 2 held and 8 retreats this turn. The few attacks are reflected in the losses (yes, my mechs were the ones that scored the held results...);
Axis : 40.000 troops and 90 AFVs
USSR : 67.000 troops and 193 AFVs.

Units
1 LB and 4 TACs are sent to the reserves this turn.
Our ground forces claim a net growth of 51.000 troops.

Pools
As 113.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool, it ends at 534 this turn.
Vehicle pool : 230.592.
Armaments pool : 984.706.

Partisans
6 units are forced to retreat, leaving 11 on the map. Our guys manage 7 sabotague missions, and 1 partisan unit find themselves behind our lines this turn.,

[image]local://upfiles/11504/73A45FF7A0AD4CEDA6F50AB47574968C.jpg[/image]

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/10/2012 10:07:55 PM)

Turn 210

Overall
The mud is gone, and we try to attack, break through and encircle wherever possible, all in all we kill alot of enemy troops but do not succeed in any encirclement, and our breakthroughs are shallow and should be fixable for the Axis, but atleas we broke their line of defence on several places along the front. Only the Fins are proper fighters in the Axis side now. We manage 64 attacks, sadly a few too many helds. 15 held, 43 retreat, 5 rout and 1 surrender is the total, and those routs would have been better as retreats, as those were attacks aimed at pushing the Axis formations together. Losses are somewhat high on both sides;
Axis : 111.000 troops and 428 AFVs
USSR : 107.000 troops and 595 AFVs.

Units
A few points are spent on finally upgrading the last of the U2 TRS' to something more useful.
Our ground forces claim a net growth of 4.000 troops this turn.
As usual, only our TACs are bombing the enemy units as our LBs are busy flying in fuel and supplies to our advanced forces.

Pools
108.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool, ending it at 7.250.
Vehicle pool : 236.717.
Armaments pool : 987.177.

Liberation
Sevastopol and E.Kiev are liberated this turn after deliberate attacks.

Units destroyed
The German 45th Fortified Zone and the 11th Rumanian Infantry Division are both destroyed as our forces push on.

Partisans
6 units retreat this turn, leaving 11 on the map. A total of 5 sabotague missions are undertaken.

[image]local://upfiles/11504/A93E43947F154DA5BFDAED4C307E030A.jpg[/image]

KamilS -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/11/2012 1:11:48 AM)

The more I look at late game AARs, the more pointless it seems to my playing past '43 - German side gets weaker, Soviet gets stronger and not much can be done about it. It is really sad, that it is so painfully simplistic.

If You concentrate Your forces in 2-3 mighty groups You can annihilate his defences in no time and penetrated deep enough to have reasonable chance of getting draw.

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/11/2012 7:39:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kamil

1. The more I look at late game AARs, the more pointless it seems to my playing past '43 - German side gets weaker, Soviet gets stronger and not much can be done about it. It is really sad, that it is so painfully simplistic.

2. If You concentrate Your forces in 2-3 mighty groups You can annihilate his defences in no time and penetrated deep enough to have reasonable chance of getting draw.

1. Well, the problem as I see it, is that to make the game fun for both sides, the German power in -41 and -42 would have to be somewhat nerfed to make sure the Axis do not get too far too easily in the opening stages of the war if the Axis are to be kept on the same level throughout the war. 2 Axis divisions in -41/-42 (except during 1st blizzard ofc) with a level 3 fort can be really hard to get at with a defensive CV value of 100+.
So, to keep the game fun for both sides, AND awoid the decline in Axis CV late in the war, the initial Axis CV and or ability to move quicklyy through enemy hexes needs to drop, and I think THAT would be a can of worms to open...

2. I doubt it tbh, 15 turns left, and I am not mobile enough really. too many troops that spend too many MPs to enter a "red" hex. My aim now is to collapse the Axis south, flip Rumania and try to force a general retreat.

Terje

randallw -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/11/2012 8:26:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kamil

The more I look at late game AARs, the more pointless it seems to my playing past '43 - German side gets weaker, Soviet gets stronger and not much can be done about it. It is really sad, that it is so painfully simplistic.

That's the actual war.[:'(]

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/11/2012 8:44:41 AM)

Turn 211

Overall
The Axis fall back just south of the Pripjet marshes, something that reduce the ammount of attacks we can make. We do however complete the encirclement of 10 Axis divisions in the south, and the Axis have given up the entire Dnepr line down here. Next turn should see some more cities liberated as we are now outflanking the Axis positions, allowing us to attack some of the best fortified Axis positions with 5 stacks. This turn we managed 44 attacks, scoring 10 held, 33 retreat and 1 rout. Losses are "ok", but once more our mechanized corps lose alot of tanks;
Axis : 85.000 troops and 276 AFVs
USSR : 98.000 troops and 493 AFVs.

Units
1 LB and 3 TAcs are sent to the reserves this turn, and despite almost 100.000 troops lost, our ground forces report a net growth of 18.000 troops this turn.

Pools
127.000 workers report to the manpower pool so it ends at 3.736.
Vehicle pool : 248.101.
Armaments pool : 975.034.
Manpower is the only real problem we have with our pools.

Damaged industry
4 ports, 6 railyards, 88 manpower and 21 resource production centres are damaged.

Liberation
Velikie Luki and Chernigov are once more on Soviet hands.

Units destroyed
The 4th Rumanian infantry Division is no more.

Partisans
3 units retreat, leaving us 10 active units on the map. Our guys manage 8 sabotague missions, a rating of 0.8 per unit. Not bad!

[image]local://upfiles/11504/3D5380EC5D61465791BC1A99BB6B8CD5.jpg[/image]

juret -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/11/2012 9:32:08 AM)

pic of the pocket plz

about your manpower
- your units dont stay back from front and refit and slowly loose mp from attrition and battles.
-be sure axis got same problem. difference is he get 30000 mp per turn.U prolly broke hes mp reservers units that draw back get less mp per turn then they loose.

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/11/2012 9:40:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: juret

1. pic of the pocket plz

2. about your manpower
- your units dont stay back from front and refit and slowly loose mp from attrition and battles.
-be sure axis got same problem. difference is he get 30000 mp per turn.U prolly broke hes mp reservers units that draw back get less mp per turn then they loose.

1. Ah, had no screenie of it, and I do not have a "before end turn" save file, but you should be able to see how it looks by the pic in turn 210.

2. True, and I know the Germans have manpower issues, but still..I lack so many men, and have since -42/43 [:(]

Terje

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/11/2012 6:21:20 PM)

Turn 212

Game patched.

Overall
We eliminate the southern pocket, and I would not be me if I did not send a division to invade Rumania, if it lives, it can be reinforced by another two divisions. All along the Axis line we manage to penetrate alot of places, if the Axis do not fall back soon, their entire southern flank will fall in a few turns. We manage 69 attacks, scoring 14 held, 49 retreat, 1 rout and 5 surrender, which means that losses are high;
Axis : 128.000 troops and 296 AFVs
USSR : 104.000 troops and 459 AFVs.

Units
2 FBs, 2 LBs and 3 TACs are sent to the reserves. Our ground forces claim a net growth of 16.000 troops this turn.

Pools
127.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool this turn, ending it at 122.089.
Vehicle pool : 255.704.
Armaments pool : 977.325.

Units destroyed
The pocket in the south gives alot of prisoners this turn. The 271st Volksgrenadier Division, the 88th Infantry Division, the 73rd Infantry Division, the 32nd SS Grenadier Division, the 209th zbV Infantry Division, the 76th Infantry Division, the Danzig Infantry Division, the Matterstock Infantry Division, the 711th Infantry Division, the 3/9th Luftwaffe Field Division, the 611th SP Light Flak battalion, the 19th Hungarian Infantry Division, the 12th Hungarian Infantry Division, the 25th Hungarian Infantry Division and the 151st hungarian Artillery Battalion, all surrender.

Partisans
4 units retreat and 8 remain on the map. Our guys manage 4 sabotague actions this turn.

[image]local://upfiles/11504/53323628F27744F89C916ED7BFEF3D54.jpg[/image]

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/11/2012 8:20:28 PM)

Turn 213

Apologies
Forgot to take a screenshot.

Overall
We keep pushing everwhere, and in Rumania we find Constanta guarded by nothing more than a fortified zone. Another mountain division is shipped in. We manage 15 held and 52 retreats this turn for a total of 67 attacks. Losses are once more nice and high;
Axis : 95.000 troops and 415 AFVs
USSR : 110.000 troops and 448 AFVs.

Units
1 FB, 2 LB, 4 TACs are sent to the reserves. Our ground forces claim a net growth of 11.000 troops this turn.

Pools
135.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool, ending it at 5.812.
Vehicle pool : 260.064.
Armaments pool : 969.378.

Liberation
Our forces once more control Nikolaev.

Units destroyed
The 3/31st SP Flak Company is destroyed this turn.

partisans
12 units remain on the map after 3 are forced to retreat. Our guys manage 10 sabotague missions.

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/11/2012 11:40:39 PM)

Turn 214

Overall
A new "best ever"-moment is made this turn, as we manage a total of 100 attacks. The result could be better though with 23 held, 71 retreats, 2 rout and 4 surrender. Still annoying even now at the end of the game to see 5:1 pre battle Cv end up at 1.9 : 1...Losses are high though;
Axis : 151.000 troops and 469 AFVs
USSR : 121.000 troops and 520 AFVs.

Units
Another bad turn for the airforce, as no less than 3 LB and 17 TACs are sent to the reserves this turn. Our forces on the ground report a growth of 7.000 troops this turn.

Pools
As 138.000 workers arrive at the manpower pool, it ends at 7.949.
Vehicle pool : 267.338. Seems I could have built a few more Mechanized Corps after all.
Armaments pool : 973.733. This pool has been around the million mark for ages.

Liberation
Our valiant forces liberate the people in Smolensk, Cherkassy and Kirovgrad this turn.

Units destroyed
The Fuhrer Grenadier Panzergrenadier Division, the Warsaw Infantry Division, the 72nd Infantry Division, the Pommernland Infantry Division, the Berlin Infantry Division, the 4th Cavalry Division, the 1/201st Infantry Division, the 3/403rd Infantry Division, the 5/46th SP Flak Company, the 166th Fortified Zone and the 13th Rumanian Infantry Division were all destroyed this turn.

Partisans
6 units are forced to retreat, leaving 10 active units on the map. Our guys managed 3 acts of sabotague this turn.

[image]local://upfiles/11504/FA24364E35C544EDA5E54FAA4B6419E7.jpg[/image]

randallw -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/12/2012 2:34:25 AM)

There will always be a shortage of good leaders for the fronts.

terje439 -> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) (2/12/2012 4:06:19 AM)

quote:

There will always be a shortage of good leaders for the fronts.

Actually my fronts are not too bad off, but some of my lower rank HQs.... Oh boy I envy the Germans.

Terje

Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI