ETA on Legends? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

tgb -> ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 4:18:09 PM)

Just wondering if I should be holding on to my money for a release this week.

Kayoz -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 5:28:10 PM)

I wouldn't expect anything before 1st week of December at the very earliest.

That said, Matrix seems to release stuff as soon as they get it - and don't seem to be overly concerned with seasonal sales trends (eg: sales spikes during X-mas).

Kalthaniell -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 5:30:54 PM)

I'm sure there's a neat strategy behind this.[;)]

Kayoz -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 6:34:58 PM)

Perhaps I wasn't clear - I meant to question whether or not Matrix sales are subject to traditional sales patterns - with the retail sales spike at X-Mas being a prime example.

I'm not sure they would be subject to such patterns, but only Matrix would know. A lot of traditional marketing practices are going out the window these days.

Erik Rutins -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 6:46:06 PM)

Hi everyone,

We are aiming for a release in the second half of November and we're hoping to release before Thanksgiving, but we are still making sure we are happy with the state of the release before deciding on the exact date.

Regards,

- Erik

Igard -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 6:50:30 PM)

Sounds good. Glad to hear it'll be out before xmas. End of November would be amazing, but I'm firmly in the 'wait til it's ready' camp. [:)]

J HG T -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 6:53:41 PM)

That was my guess all along. Nice to see some sort of confirmation on it though.

MaxyGamer -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 7:04:44 PM)

To be honest, and, indeed, this is quite painful to admit but I am willing to wait till the end of December if I know that I'll get a polished expansions with all new features working properly as they should and with all the old ones nicely updated. Patches are to flow sooner or later... I'd rather get a patch in 2012 with some minor in-game spelling error fixes than major gameplay corrections.

The developers have been great with the updates and working patches for fixes...but a game that requires very few if any is always greatly appareciated. looking forward to Legends. My personal life is going to be a legend to remember once I get the update. No sleep either. Legends is the only game I'll be playing on my pc. The benefit of releasinig an expansion is that the core gameplay is already there working nicely. Shoudn't have too many problems there. [;)]

By the way, about problems... was right about the game.. about the sword of t... you know ...that game.. what a waste of cash... for now at least. [:@]

tgb -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 7:10:12 PM)

I'm willing to wait.  I just wanted to know if I could blow my game budget for the first half of the month on something else.

jalapen0 -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 7:25:15 PM)

When can I preorder?

cookie monster -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 7:42:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jalapen0

When can I preorder?

You can't you'll just have to check the forums or Matrix's facebook page.

WoodMan -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 7:47:26 PM)

Skyrim... Legends

What a month [X(]

J HG T -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 7:55:21 PM)

@Woodman
Tell me about it. Skyrim, Legends and I haven't yet gotten really bored of Forza 4. Painting and tuning your own dream (race)cars can get surprisingly addictive.
Sure seems like spare free time won't be a problem for a while.

WoodMan -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 8:13:46 PM)

New battlefield just release last week too, but I had to forego that, Skyrim and Legends hold out, battlefield sacrificed [:D]

DMan777 -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 8:16:37 PM)

Has there been any word on price yet?  I'm not sure if I'm ready for another $25 expansion.  I enjoy RotS quite a lot, and I just waver a bit knowing I'd have 100 bucks tied up in one game.  Kinda silly, huh?

Bingeling -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 8:31:50 PM)

Delay further? The people is crazy.

Make sure not to get later than about Thanksgiving. The Old Republic is probably available around Dec 15th, and I need something to do until then.

I can live with the odd bug [:D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 8:57:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MaxyGamer
The developers have been great with the updates and working patches for fixes...but a game that requires very few if any is always greatly appareciated. looking forward to Legends. My personal life is going to be a legend to remember once I get the update. No sleep either. Legends is the only game I'll be playing on my pc. The benefit of releasinig an expansion is that the core gameplay is already there working nicely. Shoudn't have too many problems there. [;)]

Just to be clear on this, we do not want to release until we feel the release is stable, bug-free and that all the new gameplay is well-balanced. With that said, as previous releases have shown, there are limitations to how many bugs and balance issues you can find in the internal beta test with a complex game, so there will no doubt be some fixes and tweaks required, but we always make a good faith effort to give you a completely finished and polished game.

Regards,

- Erik

ehsumrell1 -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 9:11:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Just to be clear on this, we do not want to release until we feel the release is stable, bug-free and that all the new gameplay is well-balanced. With that said, as previous releases have shown, there are limitations to how many bugs and balance issues you can find in the internal beta test with a complex game, so there will no doubt be some fixes and tweaks required, but we always make a good faith effort to give you a completely finished and polished game.

Regards,
- Erik

Trust Erik on this folks! He means it!

{Photo of Elliot's Beta Test Team Overseer} [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/35889/F3E9A0F1EFA8456DBEECA6CB2191811B.jpg[/image]

{Shown keeping the Beta Testers in line!}

Erik Rutins -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 9:28:43 PM)

Shoot it!!

RooksBailey -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 9:31:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Trust Erik on this folks! He means it!

{Photo of Elliot's Beta Test Team Overseer} [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/35889/F3E9A0F1EFA8456DBEECA6CB2191811B.jpg[/image]

{Shown keeping the Beta Testers in line!}

Ha! That was funny.

A release any time between T-Day and Christmas is fine for me. For some reason, sci-fi games always feel best during that time of the year. Must be all the Christmas tree lights. [:D]

WoodMan -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 10:24:29 PM)

I believe Erik is the beta test overseer.  We've all been wondering what he looks like, now we know [:D]

MaxyGamer -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/8/2011 11:20:27 PM)

quote:

Regards,

- Erik

Looking forward to playing the expansion, Erik. Can't play any Distant Worlds now. Since I heard about the expansion, can't touch the game. I always require the latest version. The latest...with all those new in and out bits. [:D]

about other games.. yeah.. My time is sooo limited... can't have too much of it for games. 8-10 hours per week max. Sucks but true. Just recently managed to complete Deus ex and portal 2. Love games but family comes first. Kids come first...and I ain't 30 yet. [:D]

Data -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/9/2011 8:04:13 AM)

It's like you're talking about me...and I am above 30....barely [:)]

HectorOfTroy -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/9/2011 8:24:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MaxyGamer

Looking forward to playing the expansion, Erik. Can't play any Distant Worlds now. Since I heard about the expansion, can't touch the game. I always require the latest version. The latest...with all those new in and out bits. [:D]

about other games.. yeah.. My time is sooo limited... can't have too much of it for games. 8-10 hours per week max. Sucks but true. Just recently managed to complete Deus ex and portal 2. Love games but family comes first. Kids come first...and I ain't 30 yet. [:D]

Yeah, gaming time is getting limited as you get older. I do 12 hour shifts, including nights and then I train 5 days a week, plus gf who is always talking about marriage :).

You guys that are married and have kids, do you find that you have enough time to play games?

I'm not married yet and I have to carefully choose which games to buy because I don't have time. Damn it, when I was young i had time but no money and now is vice-versa.

MaxyGamer -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/9/2011 9:17:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HectorOfTroy

Yeah, gaming time is getting limited as you get older. I do 12 hour shifts, including nights and then I train 5 days a week, plus gf who is always talking about marriage :).

You guys that are married and have kids, do you find that you have enough time to play games?

I'm not married yet and I have to carefully choose which games to buy because I don't have time. Damn it, when I was young i had time but no money and now is vice-versa.

I definitely had more spare time for anything when wasn't married. Gf asks you to take her out. Go some places... east some sushi... watch some movies... Now family though...that's quite different. Your wife will aks you buy new furniture, help with nappies, do some shopping, watch some programs to learn how to fix your garage door (that's as close you'll ever get to some home entertainment), etc.

Those are some primary differences. However, knowing that you have your other half that will love you forever and seeing you kids' happy faces welcoming you back home after some work is worth it all.

About games, games are my passion. I like sports... I swim... play some footy and I love games. I don't believe you'll have more time to play games regularly. You'll have less and less time to yourself after marriage. In my opinion, gaming is not about the age either. I am just as excited about legends/skyrim as I was about Metal Gear Solid for PS after playing its demo version. Remember those? ......

soooooooooooooo, whom do I pay for the session?

J HG T -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/9/2011 9:56:25 AM)

Aaahh... The joys of being lone-wolf type of person. Live as a single is just dandy.
just rubbing it in guys, sorry about that. Just couldn't resist.
No offences meant, really! Don't glare at me like that!

Still, I have a (bad) feeling that I may end up in relationship when I start my new job in earnest. I can't place my finger on the feeling, but it's there.

MartialDoctor -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/9/2011 10:33:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J HG T
Still, I have a (bad) feeling that I may end up in relationship when I start my new job in earnest. I can't place my finger on the feeling, but it's there.

A "bad" feeling you're going to get in a relationship... you sure you have your priorities straight there? [8|]

Data -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/9/2011 10:38:15 AM)

J, you disguised peleng you....stop that rubbing it in busines. No, don't laugh, it's not funny....
Hope that feeling of yours gets stronger....you'll have a support group waiting you here [:D]

ASHBERY76 -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/9/2011 10:51:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J HG T
I can't place my finger on the feeling, but it's there.

[image]http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0810/the-force-demotivational-poster-1224370876.jpg[/image]

MaxyGamer -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/9/2011 3:35:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

J, you disguised peleng you....stop that rubbing it in busines. No, don't laugh, it's not funny....
Hope that feeling of yours gets stronger....you'll have a support group waiting you here [:D]

support group... what a great idea, Data man. Count me in.
[sm=character0267.gif]
[sm=love0028.gif]
[sm=00000436.gif]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI