RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 1:09:45 PM)

Good Morning all!

Edit: and a new page! [:D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 1:13:56 PM)

As a life-long Cowboys fan, the only thing worse than a Giants victory would be an Eagles or Redskins victory. However, with that said, it was a good game to watch as a spectator-decided on the last play.

Even the halftime show was well done. For a 53 year-old Madonna is holding up pretty well.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 2:30:24 PM)

Too bad it was ruined by somebody flipping the bird at the camera. Oh, The Humanity! Won't Somebody Think Of The Children!

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 4:10:05 PM)

I caught some of the Super Bowl. Mostly channel surfed between hockey and golf.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 4:18:49 PM)

We watched a few of the commercial spots in between recorded episodes of Leverage. [:D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 4:23:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Too bad it was ruined by somebody flipping the bird at the camera. Oh, The Humanity! Won't Somebody Think Of The Children!

Eh? I didn't notice that. In any case, who cares?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 4:43:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

It was one of the people on stage with Madonna. And PA-LENTY of people seem to care. The same way with Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction several years ago. Nobody saw anything until the next day when it was shown 17,000 times on the news, but OMG, TEH HORROR!

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 4:46:29 PM)

Meh.

For the 120 million viewers...whatever. The misbehavior and attention-seeking behavior of a few spoil sports doesn't detract from the overall event, IMO. Were that the case, the overuse of vuvuzelas in the World Cup a few years ago would have....

...on second thought never mind...

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 6:06:10 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

It was one of the people on stage with Madonna. And PA-LENTY of people seem to care. The same way with Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction several years ago. Nobody saw anything until the next day when it was shown 17,000 times on the news, but OMG, TEH HORROR!

The only Super Bowl I didn't watch. And there was wardrobe malfunction. So I was on my knees praying for another one. And I got flipped the bird.[8|]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 6:29:45 PM)

You didn't miss anything on the day of the game. Thousands of people think they saw a breast during the half-time show, but the camera cut away too fast to see anything. It was a mass suggestion caused by all the reruns of it the day after.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 8:18:51 PM)

Good afternoon all. Was a very busy weekend, and now it is 2pm on Monday... wowzers.

Celebrated my grandfolks 60 year anny... that is a long time! They're still under 80 and holding up pretty good.. maybe we can celebrate 70 yrs in 10... who knows.

Watched the superbowl and came away 500 bucks richer [:D]

I thought the halftime show was great... she knows how to entertain.

I will be updating our AAR tonight... not that anyone follows, but Harvey is a tough nut to crack in the DEI at the moment for anyone interested.

BTW - Mike, how is Settlers of Catan.. My cousins play it, and I am tempted to pull the trigger, as I love these types of games.

See ya'll.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 9:11:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Good afternoon all. Was a very busy weekend, and now it is 2pm on Monday... wowzers.

Celebrated my grandfolks 60 year anny... that is a long time! They're still under 80 and holding up pretty good.. maybe we can celebrate 70 yrs in 10... who knows.

Watched the superbowl and came away 500 bucks richer [:D]

I thought the halftime show was great... she knows how to entertain.

I will be updating our AAR tonight... not that anyone follows, but Harvey is a tough nut to crack in the DEI at the moment for anyone interested.

BTW - Mike, how is Settlers of Catan.. My cousins play it, and I am tempted to pull the trigger, as I love these types of games.

See ya'll.

Congrats on all accounts.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 9:12:47 PM)

A blustery day out today. I've been spoiled. It is actually normal out.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 9:21:05 PM)

quote:

Don't know about Settlers of Cataan, but my wife and I have enjoyed the newer "Dominion" game series. Some excellent expansions there too. It's nice that it (unlike Cataan) can be played quite satisfactorily with two players.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 10:39:07 PM)

quote:

quote:

Don't know about Settlers of Cataan, but my wife and I have enjoyed the newer "Dominion" game series. Some excellent expansions there too. It's nice that it (unlike Cataan) can be played quite satisfactorily with two players.

Settlers of Catan is a very fun 3-4 player game from what my family has experienced. We have an 11 year old, who is a ranked chess player, who loves it. He wants to learn how to play WITP:AE! I am going to wait until the summer when he is out of school to show him. We want to keep his grades up! [:)] Anyways, you all start with the same thing depending on the version, we currently are using the "Cities & Knights" version which adds some complexity. You start with two population centers and two roads and collect resources based on the tiles you access and develop from there with those resources. There can be some trading, alliance making, alliance breaking... etc.

We are going to find another expansion to try next. We have a lot of good family fun playing this game.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 11:08:36 PM)

Hi all,

Scarry... very scarry... one can almost not believe how incredibly stupid some individuals are... [X(][X(][X(]

quote:

15th Jan 2012

Someone has probably mentioned this already in the thread but I am too lazy to read the whole thing...these l@ser "attacks" happen daily when approaching into GRU and GIG (sao paulo and rio de janeiro). The ATIS even warns of possible l@ser light aiming at the airplanes on approach.
The first time it happened to me I reported it, and the tower replied like they already knew.

What surprises me tho, is that the l@ser they use is green (as opposed to the little red l@ser pointer I use to convince my cats to get back in the kitchen when it gets dark) and seems very powerful.
Cheers.

quote:

9th Jan 2012

Got hit from 5 or 6 different locations from 8000-1000 into GRU last night. All Green 532's. Probably got the cockpit 20 times or more.

Ordered some goggles today and will test them out next week.

About 6 months ago I got hit badly on departure from GRU at 1000 feet. Flash blindness in that eye for @ 1 minute then saw a spot for a couple of hours. Had a retinal eye scan the next am and thankfully no damage.

The problem is you don't know what they are shooting 5mw or 1w.....or even 4w. A 1w can do permanent damage to 1000ft. Flash blind to 3000.

This is getting nuts.

quote:

10th Jan 2012

I've been 'lazed' a few times now, and up until recently had been lucky enough to have not had a massive hit on my eyes.........just glancing passes and light scatter from reflected rays in the cockpit. Those were unpleasant enough and affected my vision.
However, a couple of months ago whilst GA flying at night at 3,000' I looked down out of the port side window at precisely the same moment somebody decided to l@ser the aircraft. I got it square in the eyes. Thankfully the autopilot was engaged and I had another pilot sat next to me as I was temporarily blinded. It was such incredibly intense light. I couldnt see a damn thing for about a minute. After that it took quite a time for the effects to dissapear and my companion had to take over the flying.
Heaven forbid that I'd been in the approach phase and on my own up front. I'm not sure that I'd have been able to manage the situation.
These damned things are dangerous.

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 11:45:58 PM)

"Scary" is spelled with one "s", Leo...[:'(]

But yeah, people are idiots.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 11:50:04 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

"Scary" is spelled with one "s", Leo...[:'(]

I you only know what I drink tonight you would not be questioning my spelling... [8D]

Zssssssssstime... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/6/2012 11:50:55 PM)

Hey, I wrote "s" instead of "r", so if that's not ironic...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 12:29:54 AM)

Hey Comrade Red Mouse,

Sorry-now that you're married, there'll be no more of this...she's even a smoker too!

[image]local://upfiles/6968/F25B0053B210498B91BDE1D56E4201F4.jpg[/image]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 12:42:41 AM)

Deployment Monday at work. Had a good bike trainer workout and some pizza, and now back at the desk. [:D]

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 4:56:57 AM)

Tithe

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 5:18:17 AM)

0018 hours, and still at work, but the last two bugs are being fixed now. [>:]

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 6:28:16 AM)

Holy cow, that's just nuts.....

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 9:31:44 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 9:36:06 AM)

Hi all,

It is - degrees Centigrade (the temperature is between -12 in the night and -9 in the day)... and the snow is still falling... and the north cold cold wind is still blowing... the so-called "Real Feel" is about -20 degrees Centigrade they say...

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 11:22:10 AM)

Hi all,

Some pictures from Senj, Croatia...

My family roots are from that area (few hundread years back though)... [:)]

[image]http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00463/bura_senj8-060212_463608S0.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00463/bura_senj7-060212_463607S0.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00463/bura_senj-060212_463597S0.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00463/bura_senj11-060212_463601S0.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00463/bura_senj1-060212_463598S0.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00463/bura_senj5-060212_463605S0.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00463/bura_senj4-060212_463604S0.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00463/bura_senj3-060212_463603S0.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00463/bura_senj6-060212_463606S0.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00463/bura_senj2-060212_463602S0.jpg[/image]

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 12:44:09 PM)

G'morning, youse guys.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 12:53:04 PM)

Quick! I need a hippo, 500 gallons of BBQ sauce, the december 1991 issue of Vanity Fair and a plaster bust of Walter Cronkite! No time to explain, gogogogo!

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/7/2012 1:20:38 PM)

It would appear that I am eligible for a tax refund [8|] not a rebate though. Odd that even though HMRC have my email address they don't seem to know my name. Or that the GBP is not interchangeable with USD.

Local Office No 3718
Tax Credit Officer: Iain Duncan Smith
Tax Refund ID Number: XxxxxxxxX
Refund Amount: GBP 410.00

Still, it's nice to know that our former politicians are earning a wage after their first career is over [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  106 107 [108] 109 110   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI