RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 2:03:39 PM)

Mornin' youse guys. THREAD tithe...[&o]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 2:04:01 PM)

Ooh...score one for me. Clean livin'...[8D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 2:33:55 PM)

Good Friday morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 3:16:12 PM)

late morning tithe[&o][&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 3:26:48 PM)

Hey Andy! What's shakin'?

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 3:42:47 PM)

90% chance of a tornado within 50 mile today tithe! Will be watching the sky all day today!

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 4:04:54 PM)

A snowy morning tithe.

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 4:14:58 PM)

Trying without much help from matrix support to get my license to AE. My old email is no longer valid and I cannot remember my login and password.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 4:18:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

90% chance of a tornado within 50 mile today tithe! Will be watching the sky all day today!

Eesh! Keep your head down, dude!

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 4:50:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Eesh! Keep your head down, dude!

That's the thing, if I kept my head down, I wouldn't be doing my job! [:D] I work with the public safety sector and am a storm spotter for the NWS. So, I will be on the courthouse roof watching for storms when they get close to provide the NWS with eyes on reports of what is going on for confirmation of what the radar is telling them. Granted, I do know when to take cover and have done that several times in my 30+ years of storm spotting! Much easier now with the advancements in radar technology. You know pretty much where the storm is and where it is going long before it gets close.

Now, with that being said, I am NOT a storm chaser. Those folks are crazy! I just sit in one spot and report what is going on there. I have seen more than my fair share of severe weather (wind, hail, lightning, and tornadoes) by doing just that.

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 5:29:10 PM)

Lived through a couple of tornadoes and the 1977 flash flood of Kansas City when I was a kid. Don't miss that at all, though I was fascinated to see a new river flowing in front of the house during the storm.
Now I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. No tornadoes. No floods (of the mid-western severity). No having a years worth of farts scared out of you as you're jolted out of your sleep at 2am by lightning that struck nearby. If I wanna see snow, I'll hop in the truck and drive up to Tahoe.

Yeah, we get earthquakes every few decades or so, but I like to think that the hundreds of little shakes we get every year keeps the geographic tension down and reduces the frequency of the major ones to a minimum.

[:D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 6:08:41 PM)

I'm not a storm chaser either. They seem to chase me. I've been through four tornados and a few straight line winds over my 50+ years. I guess that is why I kinda like winter.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 6:25:22 PM)

Floods are another thing. I went through two very destructive ones. The worst was 1997. About this time of year. Started out as an ice storm turned blizzard turned flood a couple of weeks later. We had over 8' of snow that winter. At points the river was almost 30 miles wide. It utterly destroyed Grand Forks/East Grand Forks. A good part of downtown was destroyed by fire caused by the flooding. The forest service tried stopping it with air drops. It was a bad time, not having a place to live other than my truck and relatives and friends for over three and a half months. Nothing was habitable in town until around June. No power, no water, no infrastructure. I want to go through that ever again. And where did I buy my house. Just a couple of hundred yards from the river. I never learn.[8|]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 6:51:16 PM)

Schani, I remember on TV, seeing a block of downtown completely on fire, at the same time it was completely surrounded by water. [X(]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 9:10:02 PM)

They hauled in the fire trucks n National Guard semi-tractor flatbeds and the hydrants were submerged. Real nightmare scenario. Thus the forest service air drops. mostly it burned itself out after about three blocks. After the we got back into town it definitely looked as if downtown had been in an air raid. I think it the Discovery Channel did a documentary on the flood. I believe it was called 'Storm of the Century'.
Our office was next door to the building where the fire originated. Fortunately we had moved into another building around the corner and across the street and thus spared from the fire and prevailing winds that fanned the flames.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 9:25:49 PM)

Weekend - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/2/2012 11:23:35 PM)

Going out to 'interview' a prospective rescue dog that we've had our eye on for a while now. We may have a new family critter by Monday.

It's a mutt, of course...[8D]

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 12:15:04 AM)

Mutts make the best pets. [8D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 2:00:40 AM)

I love Cen Kansas weather....its an amazing experience to watch a storm roll in across the plains.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 2:40:15 AM)

I agree Jeff, I remember living in NW OK and watching them start in TX and approach and grow with the very high cloud tops.

All is well at my place, other places in TN were not so lucky. Some initial reports show tornado touchdowns both north of our county and south of our county.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 2:53:44 AM)

A picture taken in West Nashville today:

[image]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z446/nashvillen/420428_10150732844312316_504992315_11527979_386963637_n.jpg[/image]

EDIT: Looking at it further, I am beginning to have doubts about its authenticity. I have seen it posted on a news site but with no description or other information. Either way, cool picture.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 3:40:27 AM)

[X(][X(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 4:33:24 AM)

New (Canidae) family member tithe...[8D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 5:13:32 AM)

quote:

New (Canidae) family member tithe...[8D]

[sm=00000436.gif]

Good show, Andre and clan! [:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 5:14:33 AM)

Just finished watching Braveheart on BluRay with my son. He was very impressed, and I can look at Sophie Marceau all day long. [&o]

Great movie. [8D]

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 5:44:42 AM)

Hmmm... I have a favorite photo of Sophie Marceau at the Cannes Film Festival saved on my hard drive. Unfortunately, I cannot post it here...

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 5:27:54 PM)

quote:

Ooh...score one for me. Clean livin'...[8D]

Score one for you - Check.....

Clean livin' - not so much....[:D]

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 5:28:45 PM)

So close...

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 5:29:10 PM)

Another. Check

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/3/2012 5:29:44 PM)

Tora Tora Tora was on the other night.

Page: <<   < prev  129 130 [131] 132 133   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI