RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/14/2012 9:36:14 PM)

New, clean, page! [8D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/14/2012 10:54:01 PM)

Parole tithe...[&o]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/14/2012 11:24:10 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

New, clean, page! [8D]

Good lad! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 12:05:55 AM)

Went home yesterday. I discovered I had forgotten to close the garage door.[sm=nono.gif] So guess what. Everything was still in the garage. Nothing stolen. Rotor tiller, snowblower, generator, mountain bike, tools, etc. All where they belong. Thankfully my stupidity didn't pay off for some low life crud or cruds. Still none to happy with myself.[sm=nono.gif]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 1:27:51 AM)

Hi all,

Zssssssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 1:28:17 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Went home yesterday. I discovered I had forgotten to close the garage door.[sm=nono.gif] So guess what. Everything was still in the garage. Nothing stolen. Rotor tiller, snowblower, generator, mountain bike, tools, etc. All where they belong. Thankfully my stupidity didn't pay off for some low life crud or cruds. Still none to happy with myself.[sm=nono.gif]

That was luck Marc!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 9:00:58 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 10:05:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

That was luck Marc!

Leo "Apollo11"

Either that, or he lives in one of those neighborhoods where the residents proudly leave their garage doors open all night without fear of theft or trespass.[:D]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 11:23:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

That was luck Marc!

Leo "Apollo11"

Either that, or he lives in one of those neighborhoods where the residents proudly leave their garage doors open all night without fear of theft or trespass.[:D]

The 1950's? [&:]

oldman45 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 11:39:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Dont drop it, don't drop it, for Thread's sake, don't drop it...

[image]local://upfiles/16369/893B44469CED45FC88C40D789AEFACDA.jpg[/image]

Spent 18 months there in another life on the USS Holland, AS 32. We had a conventional crane. It was still amazing watching them hang that over-sized pop bottle rocket over the side. Of course there were Marines everywhere making sure nobody got too close.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 1:03:38 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 1:19:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

That was luck Marc!

Leo "Apollo11"

No, the American midwest.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 3:41:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

That was luck Marc!

Leo "Apollo11"

Or the rural South where everyone is armed and has numerous dogs as burglar alarms.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 4:16:36 PM)

Let the Madness begin! [8D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 4:18:12 PM)

Hi all,

Time to go home after work tihe...

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 4:18:39 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Let the Madness begin! [8D]

Shame on you! [8D]

[sm=00000613.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 5:52:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen
Or the rural South where everyone is armed and has numerous dogs as burglar alarms.

Recently moved back to the rural South. Live in a nice neighborhood. Have great neighbors. There's another place at the end of the street that my neighbors look unfavorably at, but when I'm working in the yard, them folks always toot the horn to say hi, and I always give them the howdy.

Yep, I got Mr 9mm Taurus, if anyone wants to get frisky. But 'Beaudy the Wonder Dog' is more likely to lick you to death than bite your ankle.

Most people down here are just normal folks. You hard mess with us and we'll rip your frikkin lungs out, but ordinarily, we're just normal, everyday kinda people. There's a State Limit on liberals in Alabama: nobody really wants to cut them up for the freezer, or put their heads on the wall to impress their ladies, so there's no real use in shooting them is there? Same thing with perps: can't hang a perp's head over the fireplace, so what boots it?

C'mon on down, nashvillen. Ya just might like it.[8D]

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 6:18:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Recently moved back to the rural South. Live in a nice neighborhood. Have great neighbors. There's another place at the end of the street that my neighbors look unfavorably at, but when I'm working in the yard, them folks always toot the horn to say hi, and I always give them the howdy.

Yep, I got Mr 9mm Taurus, if anyone wants to get frisky. But 'Beaudy the Wonder Dog' is more likely to lick you to death than bite your ankle.

Most people down here are just normal folks. You hard mess with us and we'll rip your frikkin lungs out, but ordinarily, we're just normal, everyday kinda people. There's a State Limit on liberals in Alabama: nobody really wants to cut them up for the freezer, or put their heads on the wall to impress their ladies, so there's no real use in shooting them is there? Same thing with perps: can't hang a perp's head over the fireplace, so what boots it?

C'mon on down, nashvillen. Ya just might like it.[8D]

Thanks for the invite, JWE! I have a lot of friends in Alabama, and am glad to add you to the lot! They are a lot like the friends I have here in Middle Tennessee and like the friends I had in NW Oklahoma and, believe it or not, like the folks I lived around in rural Upstate New York! Give their shirt off their back if you truly needed it and would help you defend your "castle" with a wide assortment of weaponry.

Yeah, I own many different weapons, some which need ammo and some that don't. My next acquisition is going going to be a bat'leth and figuring out how to use it! [:D] For some reason, the disrupters on this planet don't work.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 6:26:25 PM)

Or my stuff just isn't worth stealing.[:D] I can't remember the last time I locked my doors or locked the truck. In the winter we let the vehicles run while in the store. A labrador and fire arms don't hurt either. And we have a law. If someone is in your home univited, you are allowed to use deadly force. When almost everyone around here has a firearm, (I have ten.[:)]) the dirt bags tend to keep to themselves. Any sort of crime around here is headline news. Like yesterday. Some idiot tried to sell cocaine to an off-duty deputy as he and his family were out to dinner. Here's your sign.
Great people around here.
When it gets down to -30F. to -40F. and a wind chill down to -90F.+ one cannot afford to be an a**hole.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 8:04:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

That was luck Marc!

Leo "Apollo11"

The Steve-ster is right. It's not uncommon for residents to do that around these here parts, either. And we're in the suburbs of a major metropolitan area, so it's not like we're in the sticks.

It's kind of hard for others to imagine, but it is real: there are (many) places around here where people don't lock their doors before going out, they don't bother with their car locks and they leave their garage doors unlocked or even open sometime. Lots of reasons for it, but they center around neighborly respect, trust and self-reliance.

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 8:04:29 PM)

Nashvillen, you are a breath of fresh air. I'm right down the 65 and just about everybody knows how to get here from there. Have spare bedroom, will clean up after you. 24 hours notice is all I ask.

Made Baja fish tacos, today. Had to do it because I shot my big mouth off in front of Donna and Cheryl and they are the kind of girls who want it 'all'. Went to Billy's Seafood and got some Mahi-mahi, right off the boat, and got some Fieri Chipotle Salsa and went to slicing and dicing on JWE's own "Jesus came down from the mountain, just to have some" chipotle salsa and crema mexicana on a soft, warm, flour tortilla, with fresh grilled mahi-mahi and fresh shredded cabbage. Woof !!

So I drop off the tacos, and Cheryl is asking "what are you doing the rest of the afternoon?" So like a dumbass, I say "Finish cutting the front yard, and then maybe fire up the Harley and go for a ride."

"You got a Harley ??"

"Uh, yeah."

Life is becoming interesting down here in the dark, wet, stickey, world of the deep south. Whoda thunk a couple of tacos would work that wonderful world of magic on that teensy zipper on Cherly's hip? God !! I love Alabama !!

[ed] Donna and Cheryl have a local hair salon and they graciously do my mother's hair every two weeks. Shear Impressions, Fairhope, Alabama.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 8:22:35 PM)

Listening to Mrs. Tuchman's "Stillwell and the American Experience in China, 1911-45". 29 hours long!

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 8:30:13 PM)

...not that I leave it open, but if I did, people wouldn't mess with your stuff around here either. I remember we left my wife's back door on her Pilot open all night on accident... and everything was still there in the morning...

Before our kid(s) we didn't lock our doors on the house..cars..garage..sunroom..shed... no one messes with that stuff around here.... HOWEVER, if they did, it would be the worst decision of their life.

Dad talks about growing up in Dodge City, and how the entire town never locked anything other than businesses.. but when the outfit came and murdered the Clutter family in Holcumb, KS, he said everyone locked things up after that..

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 10:26:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

That was luck Marc!

Leo "Apollo11"

The Steve-ster is right. It's not uncommon for residents to do that around these here parts, either. And we're in the suburbs of a major metropolitan area, so it's not like we're in the sticks.

It's kind of hard for others to imagine, but it is real: there are (many) places around here where people don't lock their doors before going out, they don't bother with their car locks and they leave their garage doors unlocked or even open sometime. Lots of reasons for it, but they center around neighborly respect, trust and self-reliance.

Having lived on both coasts , I can't help but be surprised by the degree of trust and honesty I've seen in this part of the country. Nebraska is also a "Castle state" (for our Non-American friends , a "Castle state" is one that subscribes to the principal that "A man's home is his castle , and one has every right to defend it , including use of deadly force against intruders"). Although here people are far more likely to have to defend against a wild animal than a two legged intruder. (Unfortunatly my on going war against moles doesn't justify the use of firearms , let alone my desire to use high explosives!)[:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 10:26:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Listening to Mrs. Tuchman's "Stillwell and the American Experience in China, 1911-45". 29 hours long!

For what it's worth , I think it took me more than that to read it! [:D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/15/2012 11:23:58 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

That was luck Marc!

Leo "Apollo11"

Having lived on both coasts , I can't help but be surprised by the degree of trust and honesty I've seen in this part of the country. Nebraska is also a "Castle state" (for our Non-American friends , a "Castle state" is one that subscribes to the principal that "A man's home is his castle , and one has every right to defend it , including use of deadly force against intruders"). Although here people are far more likely to have to defend against a wild animal than a two legged intruder. (Unfortunatly my on going war against moles doesn't justify the use of firearms , let alone my desire to use high explosives!)[:D]

Darn, I was going to suggest explosives. Scorched earth maybe.[;)]

Well off to the 'castle' where I'll head upstairs to my C.I.C. and watch the WCHA play-offs. Tonight the Fighting Sioux vs. U. of Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks. Should be a good game since their head coach is our old head coach.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/16/2012 12:14:11 AM)

Hi all,

Zssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/16/2012 8:35:58 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/16/2012 12:07:18 PM)

Morning tithe...[&o]

Flying to San Antonio, TX for the weekend. My (only) nephew is being baptized. I've the honor of being the Godfather. [in bad Don Corleone imitation] They made me an offer I could not refuse. [end bad Don Corleone imitation]

This will be the kids' first time seeing their recently minted cousin, so it should make for a nice family visit.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/16/2012 2:00:19 PM)

A Godfather baptism? We'll be hearing about several gang-related slayings in ol' San Antone...

Page: <<   < prev  138 139 [140] 141 142   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI