RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

warspite1 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/27/2012 10:48:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Birthday party this weekend for my 8 YO son. "Tag" with [makes quotes in air] LASER [end air quotes] beams awaits. Oh-we also get to underwrite the Danish GDP further with additional LEGO purchases.
Warspite1

If you want a good LEGO set to buy - try this one [:)] - I saw it in Florida last year and couldn't resist.....

[image]local://upfiles/28156/EB03C196484449E6A314960A3EFE46E4.jpg[/image]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/27/2012 11:08:51 PM)

No little sibling to destroyer your creation?[:'(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/27/2012 11:55:49 PM)

Oi! You lot finally took possession of a decent airframe, I see?

http://www.military.com/video/aircraft/jet-fighters/first-flight-of-the-first-uk-f-35/1569470103001/

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 12:07:48 AM)

It's an ugly sled, and probably the wrong aeroplane for the current type of wars... But heyho, maybe once its actually finished, we'll go back to what it was built for...

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 12:23:02 AM)

Sangria on the deck at sunset - Tithe. [sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 12:29:33 AM)

quote:

Birthday party this weekend for my 8 YO son. "Tag" with [makes quotes in air] LASER [end air quotes] beams awaits. Oh-we also get to underwrite the Danish GDP further with additional LEGO purchases.

The goalie turns 14 on Monday here, so we'll be doing some celebrating of our own this weekend. [:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 12:34:04 AM)

It's almost dark enough outside to take away the glare on my laptop screen and allow me to get started on my turn. [:)]

I can read text and lots of things in the browser just fine, but spotting a TF against the blue Pacific background is tough. [:D]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 12:45:46 AM)

So anyway, I'm less than three weeks from FINALLY(!!!!!) getting the Lexington and Yorktown back. Good Thread, it's been taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 12:49:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

So anyway, I'm less than three weeks from FINALLY(!!!!!) getting the Lexington and Yorktown back. Good Thread, it's been taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

Try waiting for repairs in a PBEM game at the rate of 1-2 turns/week. [:D]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 1:45:53 AM)

No thanks. With 2-day turns, I'm currently averaging about six weeks of game time every week of real time.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 2:26:31 AM)

quote:

It's an ugly sled, and probably the wrong aeroplane for the current type of wars... But heyho, maybe once its actually finished, we'll go back to what it was built for...

[:-] You are a philistine, sir. I think it's quite fetching myself. It's got good lines. And a 'nice personality'.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 2:28:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Well, if memory suits, we took the onus of waiting for your carriers' upgrades off of your shoulders, sir. Yup-you don't have to upgrade ships that are sunk. [:'(]

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 2:43:45 AM)

quote:

quote:

[:-] You are a philistine, sir. I think it's quite fetching myself. It's got good lines. And a 'nice personality'.

I agree with T. The thing sucks. It's overpriced, ugly and according to what I've read doesn't even meet all of it's specifications.

comte -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 6:09:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

quote:

quote:

I agree with T. The thing sucks. It's overpriced, ugly and according to what I've read doesn't even meet all of it's specifications.

Yeah but with all the $$$ spent on it there's no turning back now. At least you get a TIE fighter pilot helmet with each model purchased.

[image]local://upfiles/31228/689B3A7CF10B496E811EE8E22ABA68DA.jpg[/image]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 2:17:23 PM)

Yeah, because having spent tons of cash has never stopped cancelation of a military project before... *cough*Comanche*cough*

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 2:18:02 PM)

Anyway, -42 tithe...

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 2:49:33 PM)

The airplanes are costing way too much money

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 2:53:24 PM)

quote:

OK-we can agree on that much.

On a partly related note: I see that the last (!) F-22 rolled off the assembly line recently too. I think I'd rather they expand the production cycle of that one by about double, if only to sell 'em to the Japanese, who are clamoring for them.

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 2:54:55 PM)

Tithe![:D]

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 2:59:19 PM)

quote:

quote:

On a partly related note: I see that the last (!) F-22 rolled off the assembly line recently too. I think I'd rather they expand the production cycle of that one by about double, if only to sell 'em to the Japanese, who are clamoring for them.

Buy more of them, buy more advanced capability F-15s, 16 and 18s. Set the requirements for a new plane that doesn't try and do everything. When you bid it out don't keep adding to the requirements that up the price.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 3:05:36 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Buy more of them, buy more advanced capability F-15s, 16 and 18s. Set the requirements for a new plane that doesn't try and do everything. When you bid it out don't keep adding to the requirements that up the price.

I'd also offer to knowingly maximize the production numbers ahead of time. Having a whole production cycle that only produces 122 planes (F-22) or fewer (B-2) is exceptionally wasteful.

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 3:10:24 PM)

Very true. 20 airplanes.....Sheesh....

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 3:19:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aces8

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah but with all the $$$ spent on it there's no turning back now. At least you get a TIE fighter pilot helmet with each model purchased.

[image]local://upfiles/31228/689B3A7CF10B496E811EE8E22ABA68DA.jpg[/image]

[:D]

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 3:28:25 PM)

quote:

quote:

You mean it has Siri?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 7:06:34 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Well, if memory suits, we took the onus of waiting for your carriers' upgrades off of your shoulders, sir. Yup-you don't have to upgrade ships that are sunk. [:'(]

... and you don't have to spend millions of supply and armament points to replace battle damage from 6 Japanese divisions that get cut off and starved to death in Oz. [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 7:08:29 PM)

Good Saturday afternoon - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Empire101 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 7:40:36 PM)

Good Saturday evening from over the pond!!

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 7:42:30 PM)

Tithe and other such things.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 7:43:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Empire101

I never thought organising a wedding would be such hard work.

[sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]

I cant imagine anyone wanting to do it more than once. [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/28/2012 7:48:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdiehl

Hey Nik, you contemptible {etc, etc, etc]

Wow, I think my "level of conversation" is contagious. [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  181 182 [183] 184 185   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI