RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 5:21:54 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Empire101

Good Morning all!

The sun is shining and I'm off to get married today.....[sm=00000117.gif]

Best of luck Christopher!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 5:26:26 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Found my first grey market lightbulb store. Mom & Pop hardware store run by a Guatemalan family. Cases of lightbulbs out back, where it's dark [:D]. The fellow's wife's cousin is a manager in a Mexican lightbulb plant. Couple of US manufacturers closed up shop up here, fired everybody, moved across the border, and built a couple lightbulb factories. Heche en Mexico is becoming a label to look for. This is so cool, watching the worm turn.

Those are classic lightbulbs?

No more US production for those in ASA?

BTW, I changed all my classic lightbulbs for low-energy lightbulbs (i.e. compact fluorescent lamp = CFL) years and years ago... although I use the "warm light" (i.e. yellowish light) variety and not "cold light" (i.e. bluish light) variety...

Leo "Apollo11"

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 5:27:56 PM)

Oh my, oh my. I am so sorry. Had no intention of discussing the socio/politico/economic structure of Mexice vis a vis thr rest of the world.

Just thought it interesting, in a droll, cynical, and amusing kind of way, that we would urinate on something as simple as a lightbuld only to have lightbulb production move to Mexico and be as universally available as they always were. Just like the Oaxaca seeds got imported and then extinguished, only to become Michuacan. [:D]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 5:42:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Hi all,

Those are classic lightbulbs?

No more US production for those in ASA?

BTW, I changed all my classic lightbulbs for low-energy lightbulbs (i.e. compact fluorescent lamp = CFL) years and years ago... although I use the "warm light" (i.e. yellowish light) variety and not "cold light" (i.e. bluish light) variety...

Leo "Apollo11"

Yep, classic incandescent lightbulbs. Banned by EPA regulations. It's phased in over a number of years, with 100W coming first, then 60, then 40, then the bulbs in your chandeliers and christmas trees. All must be replaced by an EPA approved alternative. The bann is on sale and use. If you use one, you are in violation of a Federal Regulation. It is not a Law, so you have no legal rights. There is no defense, there is no appeal. Tremble and Obey !!!!

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 7:22:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Empire101

Good Morning all!

The sun is shining and I'm off to get married today.....[sm=00000117.gif]

Congratualtions! Make sure and do it right, and do it just once. [:D]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 7:40:37 PM)

Okay then,

Pork baby backs, marinated in John's 'Jesus Saves' BBq sauce;

Mary help of Christians white corn on the cob, picked this very morning from the cornfield a quarter mile down the road, dusted with Hungarian sweet paprika, dried cilantro, slathered in sweet butter (sauted in garlic);

Patrick of Ireland potatoes. Ya can't go wrong with anything from the Emerald Isle, but.. Baby russets, fist size or less, rolled/tossed in bowl of oilve oil, Mediterranean sea salt and a tsp of cardamom. Roast till skin is Krispy.

The Magdelen Tart. Peaches are early this year, and while Georgia is flooding the market, Chilton County is up and boogying. Fresh peaches sitting for a bit in lemon juice, some zest, some of last years pecans ground up tight. Again cardamom, and a peench of cinnamon. A couple grates of nutmeg show well (so long as you don't buy wooden nutmegs from some unscrupulous Connecticut yankee), Four or five sticks of Cloves, and believe it or not a half clove of garlic.

Woofus, Gastronomicus. !!

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 8:27:10 PM)

quote:

Just thought it interesting, in a droll, cynical, and amusing kind of way, that we would urinate on something as simple as a lightbuld only to have lightbulb production move to Mexico and be as universally available as they always were. Just like the Oaxaca seeds got imported and then extinguished, only to become Michuacan. [:D]

Ah. I see your point now. An incandescent post, to be sure.

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 8:36:13 PM)

Yeah, right. Thank you. Sorry I tweaked your pathetic little world.

[ed] bite me.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 8:53:04 PM)

quote:

Yeah, right. Thank you. Sorry I tweaked your pathetic little world.

[ed] bite me.

Go and foxtrot yourself, jerk.

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 9:57:05 PM)

What a pathetic little weasel you truly are. Sure, Ill go foxtrot myself, if I only could, but there's a few young local ladies that are willing to relieve my constrictions, neh? I get more than you.

You really are a pathetic little weasel. Have fun. Don't call us, we'll call you. And no time soon. Ciao. John

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 10:10:10 PM)

QUIT! RIGHT NOW! BOTH OF YOU!

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/26/2012 10:27:52 PM)

STOPPIT! You guys are making the kids cry [:-]

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 2:11:18 AM)

Tithe[:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 2:47:11 AM)

quote:

Okay then,

Mary help of Christians white corn on the cob, picked this very morning from the cornfield a quarter mile down the road, dusted with Hungarian sweet paprika, dried cilantro, slathered in sweet butter (sauted in garlic);

Patrick of Ireland potatoes. Ya can't go wrong with anything from the Emerald Isle, but.. Baby russets, fist size or less, rolled/tossed in bowl of oilve oil, Mediterranean sea salt and a tsp of cardamom. Roast till skin is Krispy.

The Magdelen Tart. Peaches are early this year, and while Georgia is flooding the market, Chilton County is up and boogying. Fresh peaches sitting for a bit in lemon juice, some zest, some of last years pecans ground up tight. Again cardamom, and a peench of cinnamon. A couple grates of nutmeg show well (so long as you don't buy wooden nutmegs from some unscrupulous Connecticut yankee), Four or five sticks of Cloves, and believe it or not a half clove of garlic.

Sara has 6 racks of pork ribs marinating in the fridge tonight, to go on the grill tomorrow. She put some stuff on it that smells good. [:D]

John, your post made me hungry, even though I don't know what half of it is. I've never been accused of having a discriminating palette, but I love good food. I'm just not a chef at heart, I'm an eater! [8D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 3:36:25 AM)

Heey...been gone for over a week, and John hasnt changed a bit....

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 5:28:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Okay then,

Sara has 6 racks of pork ribs marinating in the fridge tonight, to go on the grill tomorrow. She put some stuff on it that smells good. [:D]

John, your post made me hungry, even though I don't know what half of it is. I've never been accused of having a discriminating palette, but I love good food. I'm just not a chef at heart, I'm an eater! [8D]

Yeah, me too!

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 6:25:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Okay then,

Yeah, me too!

There are planners, and there are do'ers.
There are cooks, and there are eaters.
[sm=00000459.gif]

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 7:03:49 AM)

I do make a mean chocolate chip cookie[:)]

However my daughter's are better............

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 7:04:42 AM)

Good night guys.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 8:59:20 AM)

Andre....your city looks sleepy...I will not stop in and bother you...must keep going...meh

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 11:15:25 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 12:37:46 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 12:39:00 PM)

Happy Birthday, Kristian! [sm=00000436.gif]

One day, you'll be old like me. [:)]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 12:59:01 PM)

Hi all,

Happy birthday Kristian! [:)]

[sm=00000436.gif]

[sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 1:12:51 PM)

Thanks, guys.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 1:50:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Andre....your city looks sleepy...I will not stop in and bother you...must keep going...meh

Aw man...

Are you guys on your way up to Canadia for your annual Walleye pilgrimage? Have a great time, dude! Catch lots and pictures or it didn't happen. [8D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 1:50:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Thanks, guys.

Happy birthday, dude. [8D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 1:51:56 PM)

Looks to be a lovely sunny day here. Nice respite after several days of very heavy rain. Nothing like catching up on one's "drought" by getting 7+ inches in 4 days.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 3:15:53 PM)

Andre...on way home. Hit MSP in middle of the night both times or else I would have sat down and caught up with you for a little while. We booked it again for next year. I am not sure if I will go. 11 days is a long time away from home without even being able to call....dont worry bout pics...have lots to share. Especially the De Havilands we flew in and out on.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/27/2012 3:18:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Andre...on way home. Hit MSP in middle of the night both times or else I would have sat down and caught up with you for a little while. We booked it again for next year. I am not sure if I will go. 11 days is a long time away from home without even being able to call....dont worry bout pics...have lots to share. Especially the De Havilands we flew in and out on.

More details, please! Sounds like a blast thus far, Jeff.

Page: <<   < prev  210 211 [212] 213 214   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI