RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 12:33:56 AM)

John? You are in the wrong Thread.....you belong in The GEEZER Thread. [:D] We APPRECIATE you there! These punks don't! [:D]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 12:38:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
John? You are in the wrong Thread.....you belong in The GEEZER Thread. [:D] We APPRECIATE you there! These punks don't! [:D]

Ok. Thank you. I will move then.

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 12:42:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

They don't deserve you! [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 12:42:55 AM)

Wow, my 1st upn in a very long time! [:)]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 2:52:25 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

They don't deserve you! [:D]

Whatever. I'll just go someplace elsewhere then.

CRations -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 5:11:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzerjaeger Hortlund

quote:

...the mission to the ISS will be to deliver 1,000 pounds of non-essential cargo...

If successful in its first-of-a kind mission, the company behind the venture SpaceX would collect the remaining payments on the $396 million contract it has with NASA and then enter into a $1.6 billion agreement for 11 more flights to the ISS.

Scene at NASA, two years earlier:

- Ok, now we have the essential cargo covered. How do we get the non-essential cargo up there?

- Um...why would we want to fly non-essential cargo up there?

- Shut up.

[Phone rings]

- Oh, hey, good thing you called. Listen, we've got a bit of a problem here. We are all set with the important stuff, but some guys were toying with the idea of flying some more stuff up there. Just for fun, could you guys deliver 1000 pounds of non-essential cargo to the ISS?

- Sure, we'll do it for $396 million.

- Deal!

So I guess the greeks are infiltrating NASA.

Non-essential - 'cause its a test run...

Who'da thought this all started with a dream to fly like a bird? Did anyone get hooked on the Tom Swift Jr. books when they were a lad? To think my kids have a shot at stepping into space - too cool!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Swift,_Jr.

CR

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 7:31:53 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 7:35:05 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

A friend that will remain nameless, sent me a note that kinda pooched my recollection of Florida, back in the old days. Back when Lutz was a 5 house, 1 gas station town on US 41. Back when Temple Terrace was a retirement community for the Mafia. Back when you had to drive a long distance to get to Louis Pappas in Tarpon Springs. Back when the Orthodox Bishop blessed the sponge fleet (and it really meant something). Back when Manny Garcia was Mayor of Tampa. Back when we all went to dinner at Las Novedades or Spanish Park in Ybor City without a thought. Back when the love of my life was my high school darling; Nancy Delapena. Back when we were righteous.

Now, those suberbs are downtown. Tarpon Springs is an industrial tourist trap. Mayor of Tampa is a pathetic pandering puissant politician. Nobody goes to Ybor City except tourists with armed guards. 40 years ago, we had it good. Anybody who lived in Florida, back then, knows.

It’s just like lightbulbs.

Remember how ya'll old time Flodirians could go diving in Crystal Springs without a PADI card? And remember how your parents would anchor in Crystal River or Withlacoochee Bay (mostly at Anddes, just past Little Mouth Pass). And when you got back they were bubbling up a blue crab enchilada? Life was good back then. Life was really good. It's close to that in Mobile Bay. The very last slice of honest to gosh Gulf living you will ever see. Hope to heck it stays this way long enough for Mom. Only a few more years, according to the doctors. After that, I'm off to the Marquesas. Can speak french, got a French passport, have my assets in Barclays International Premier. Hoots gazoots. (And if you want to go similar, pm me, because I am a registered Federal attorney, and I know way more about this stuff than the idiots you see on TV. I won't even charge you, if you are righteous.) I'll even be nice to Chicken Boy.

Nostalgia...

Leo "Apollo11"

Empire101 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 9:28:43 AM)

Morning Guys,

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes for our wedding. We had a great day, and hopefully we can afford a honeymoon next year after all that!!

Regards
Chris

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 9:32:25 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Empire101

Morning Guys,

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes for our wedding. We had a great day, and hopefully we can afford a honeymoon next year after all that!!

Regards
Chris

[sm=00000436.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 12:27:06 PM)

Congrats Chris

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 1:04:57 PM)

Congratulations, Chris! [:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 1:05:19 PM)

Good Tuesday (feels like Monday) morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 1:07:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Good Tuesday (feels like Monday) morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Yeah, here too. Good news then, mate: a blessed four day work week! [&o]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 3:19:37 PM)

End of a crappy weekend. Barely got into the 60's. However spent part of sunday and spent some cash at Cabela's. New Diawa spinning reel, new Garmin GPS unit and a pair of jeans for kicks.[8D] And that was the high point of the long weekend.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 4:17:52 PM)

Good Morning! Surfacing from a long weekend that didn't include much WITP:AE as I had hoped, but had a nice minitures gameing convention in Hashville (Nashcon). My 12 year old son did very well, both in gaming and behavior! Pulled in with only one point better than second place the A Call To Arms: Star Fleet tournament a $120 Romulan Fleet box with first place. This was Friday evening and all day Saturday.

Good morning at Church on Sunday morning, WITP:AE in the afternoon, then with Boy Scout Troop 317 pulled Honor Guard Duty at the Healing Fields in Murfreesboro Sunday night/Monday morning. Came home, more WITP:AE (which is interesting when sleep deprived), small nap and then a large batch of grilled peppers/onions with brats and Italian sausages with the usual summer side dishes for dinner.

Now, back the salt mines and waiting for the results of the work I did last week and see what needs to be tweaked on a large project... Hence, hanging out here, waiting.

Nikademus -> LOG! (5/29/2012 8:00:11 PM)

back to the Grind tithe.......

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 8:28:51 PM)

Luckily without any log whatsoever!

Nikademus -> LOG! (5/29/2012 8:39:05 PM)

your surrounded

[image]local://upfiles/452/6457E492159D44E6882DD8FF3816EDAF.jpg[/image]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 9:04:51 PM)

Nick,

What's new on the job or with your employement front? Just curious.

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 9:34:56 PM)

Time to break out the chainsaws boys![:D]

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 9:48:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Nick,

What's new on the job or with your employement front? Just curious.

Full time.....but still contractual at the moment. I'm told it will probably stay that way for the rest of the year after the company re-org. After that....we'll see. My responsibilities have been increased and I now help manage some of the servers.

khyberbill -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 9:56:49 PM)

quote:

nd of a crappy weekend. Barely got into the 60's. However spent part of sunday and spent some cash at Cabela's. New Diawa spinning reel, new Garmin GPS unit and a pair of jeans for kicks. And that was the high point of the long weekend.

90's here but we can finally buy booze on Sundays in CT and I went and got a big bottle of tequila Sunday.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/29/2012 11:16:24 PM)

Oh, come on now! It barely made 50 again today. A freeze warning tonight.[sm=nono.gif] What happened to our beautiful global warming?[8D] It's like you guys aren't even trying.[:-]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 8:33:21 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 8:49:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Oh, come on now! It barely made 50 again today. A freeze warning tonight.[sm=nono.gif] What happened to our beautiful global warming?[8D] It's like you guys aren't even trying.[:-]

Al Gore hasn't said "uncle" yet.

[image]http://img.tgdaily.com/sites/default/files/stock/450teaser/algore.jpeg[/image]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 1:56:33 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 4:09:26 PM)

Morning tithe...[&o]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 4:10:28 PM)

And good morning. Tropical heat wave; might hit 65F. today. Stylin'.[8D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 4:22:59 PM)

Tropical depression here. [:D]

No wind to speak of in Raleigh, just some good rain, which we needed. [8D]

Page: <<   < prev  212 213 [214] 215 216   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI